Chris Brown -- It Was All Business

3/6/2009 5:23 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Chris Brown ExclusiveTMZ has learned what Chris Brown was doing at the SLS Hotel in Beverly Hills late last night -- and it WASN'T boozing!

Sources close to the situation tell TMZ Chris was strictly there for a dinner business meeting with a man who works in the music industry.

We've also learned from multiple sources that Chris was neither served nor seen consuming an alcoholic beverage at any point in the evening.

Click here to live chat!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

J

@Jazz,

you are right. Rihanna is not letting that cute ass go nowhere. She would go crazy if she saw him out with another woman. Did they say he left her house at 4am? They were up talking all night, yeah right Rihanna will tear down any woman who tries it with him. Someone said it on here, have you seen him grinding at his concerts, dam Rihanna knows what she wants.

2024 days ago

J

@Chapter 3,

I like your style. I wrote a similar thing on The Insider's website. Chris cannot beat her up so badly with one hand free. She was busting him in his head but she forgot to tell the police that bit. The truth will eat at her and she will reveal all one day if he either gets sent down or she will slip up to a friend or member of her staff.

2024 days ago

Joel P.

@#85 J.

You have made my point exactly. HIS CAREER AS WE KNOW IT IS OVER. He can continue in the music business but it will have to be behind the scenes. Yes he can hang with the gangsta rappers but his image as an "A" list music start with premium endorsement is gone. Read the fine print on his Jive Records album deal. No CD sales, No airplay, No deal!! He can continue in the business but in a different capacity. Furthermore, his strength is in performing! That's why a college education might benefit him. Otherwise, he might just end up back at McDonalds.

2024 days ago

tlynn

To those making the comments about it being a "black thing" or "making black women look bad", you are making yourselves look ignorant. This type of violence, whether it be male or female is in every culture in this world. It has no color lines! Educate yourselves instead of spewing ignorance!

2024 days ago

Mr. Anti Hater

This is entire situation is very sad. These two young people are going through a very difficult time, and all people seem to want to do push them further down. All I hear in your comments are "hate" & "jealousy". Get a life! No one is perfect. Stop jumping to conclusions & making assumptions. For the ones who say they hate Chris Brown or want to see him pay, you obviously have some issues thta you are dealing or have dealt with. Stop projecting your experiences & pain on this their situation. What gives any of you the right to judge him. Shut the hell up! Get a life!!!!!!

2024 days ago

J

@Joel P,

I don't quite agree, he still has 2 movies to make and a movie coming out next year. He still has money pouring in from his album sales, his collaborations with T-pain (their song freeze) and a couple of songs on Rihanna's current album. He has money coming from his production label and music publishing deal. He still keeps the money he has earned from Wrigleys and Got milk.

He also will have a music career depending on how he acts in the next month and depending on what Rihanna comes out and says.

He is no longer the cute boy next door anyway, he was getting more urban with his look. He is approaching 20 and he has more tatoos and muscles and doing songs with Game, Lil Wayne, Ludacris and 50 cent.

He was hanging out with all the rappers at a recent event/concert and they really respect him so I don't think his career is over, his audience and fan base just won't be all screaming teenage girls anymore.

I have spoken to numerous fans (as i work in the music industry) and fans are calling into radio shows to show their support for him. He sold about 5 million albums and he'll only lose about a quarter of those fans, his loyal dedicated fans love him and he will pick up new fans in the hip hop/r&b market, look at these gangster rappers, they actually sell more albums than r&b/pop stars like Chris.

He has also put a lot of money away, he said himself he doesn't spend his money. He saves it.

Working in Mcdonalds is a few years away

2024 days ago

really now

And we care because ...........................?

2024 days ago

MH

It's very disturbing that Chris Brown has gone on a campaign to get back in Rihanna's good graces, apparently to deter her from testifying against him. If the reports indicating that he's been showing up at her house almost daily for the past week and that he bought her diamonds are true, he is even worse off mentally than the beatdown he gave her would indicate. It reportedly took him NINE days to apologize to her. I guess he didn't really want to but decided that it would be in his best interests to try to get back together with her. I only hope that they aren't really back together but that she is just testing the waters with wariness and suspicion. Hopefully he will give up the steroids. Sad that he took them to bulk up for all the mindless female fans who now defend his abuse.

2024 days ago

Criss Angels Girl

@sshole pig

2024 days ago

J

Look, I think rhianna made all this up and he just only slapping her. She did all the rest. I hate her.

2024 days ago

Sophie

OH ALL OF YOU PEOPLE NEED TO GET OVER YOUR SELVES!!! LEAVE CHRIS ALONE! AND YES I AM BORED THATS WHY IM ON HERE!! ALL OF YOU PEOPLE THAT ARE SAYING HIS CAREER IS OVER ARE A BUNCH OF IDIOTS!! HE IS A KID HE MADE A MISTAKE AND IF HE BEATS THE CRAP OUT OF RIHANNA OR ANYOTHER GIRL THAT IS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!!!! PEOPLE MAKE IT THEIR BUSINESS CAUSE LET ME GUESS YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW HAS GOT THEIR ASS BEAT SO YOU FEEL THE NEED TO COME TO THIS WEBSITE AND STAND UP FOR YOURSELF OR PEOPLE YOU KNOW?? GEEZ............ SORRY FOR THOSE WOMEN WHO HAVE GOT THEIR ASS BEAT BUT FOR THE PEOPLE THAT HAVN'T WE DON'T FEEL WHAT YOU FEEL AND ME PERSONALLY I LUV CHRIS BROWN!! YES I WILL LISTEN TO HIS MUSIC AND YES I WILL BUY HIS CD AND YES I HOPE THAT RIHANNA AND CHRIS ARE BACK TOGETHER! LET THEM BE!! CHRIS WILL COME OUT WITH A HIT ALBUM OR HIT SONG AND ALL OF YOU SAYING YOU WILL NEVER LISTEN OR SUPPORT HIM ARE LYING AS*HOLES CAUSE ALL OF YOU HATERS WILL BE DANCING TO HIS MUSIC!

2024 days ago

J

@Joel P,

sorry but where are you getting your facts from. One of the directors from the movie is scheduled to make this year has said he is still on the project and the other director said nothing has changed.

He has not lost no where near 75% of his fan base, he has lost no more than a few thousand, He sold over 5 million albums worldwide and a lot of his fans have been calling radio stations in support of him saying it is between him and Rihanna and everyone else should let them sort it out.

These rappers thrive on controversy, you are totally misjudging the situation and you are misunderstanding Chris. He is a 19 year old confused and angry kid.

He made a lot of money and achieved a lot of fame overnight, the pressure is enormous, he has grown people who work for him and cater to his every whim. I'm not saying that that excuses him from what he did to Rihanna but you are totally getting this kid wrong.

And he has enough money to last him for quite a long time, plus as I said Jive records are not looking to drop him too quickly as along with Britney (another troubled star) they are making alot of money out of him.

2023 days ago

Sandeana

This is no boy. He looks like a man in his mid 30's. And no way in hell is this "boy" 19. He has to be at least 35. Someone in this business should look up where this man's real birth certificate is. Whoever says he's 19 is full of BS. He looks in his mid to late 30's. I say he was born before 1974. If this man is supposed to be 19(which he is NOT), then I'm still an inant who sleeps in a crib.

2023 days ago

Julia Molnar

Chris Brown should go to jail for his actions,PERIOD!!!!! RiRi,listen to me.I am a survivor of extreme emotional and physical abuse.YOU ARE RELIVANT.Yes I went back to my abuser,like you did.I thought it was my fault and blamed myself.(Like you are now).WRONG!!!!!!!! Guess what happened next,after the" I,m so sorry"",I didn,t mean it".It will never happen again",I ,ll get help". Well the next time was a chefs knife at my throat.I was beaten so bad I lost my hearing.All I remember is sitting in the corner of my bedroom,curled up to protect my face and body.
Rihanna,girl don,t let your guard down.I live and see my scars everyday.They never heal.
Riri,you need to walk away.
God Bless,J.Molnar.

2023 days ago

Rhea

I think Chris could still have a career as a behind the scenes force in music. If he has talent as a writer or producer, he could very well make his money that route. Woody Allen still works even though he married his daughter so.....I wouldn't say it's completely over for Chris.

If he is to sing and present himself as an artist again, he needs to be perceived as having some sort of "punishment" before people will give him a second chance. And he has to appear to do some serious work on himself, more than anger management. Then his music initiatlly needs to be geared to learning how to live with himself and reflect on his life. No one wants to hear him blame Rihanna or his mom or anyone else. They want to hear him be accountable and "man up." He could be a shining example to other young men if he did the work .

Someone mentioned steriods, is that so? It would actually make a lot of sense given the account and it might help people understand that he's not really the monster that he seems to be. Where is this steroid talk coming from?

2023 days ago