Chris Brown Won't Hit Books at Norfolk State

3/24/2009 11:49 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Chris BrownDespite his affinity for combat, Chris Brown won't be a Spartan anytime soon -- as in the kind who attend Norfolk State University.

Brown was spotted on the campus grounds in his home state of Virginia this weekend. But TMZ has confirmed Brown was only there as a "support factor" for his cousin, who is a prospective student.

Brown, his mother and his cousin spent their Saturday taking the First View campus tour -- a guided, private trek through the entire Norfolk campus, including the dorms, the offices and the classrooms.

We're told some people recognized Brown on the tour, but sources close to the situation tell us, "People know what's going on with him and they were not paying him much attention at all."

We're also told Brown has "not applied," has "not enrolled" and is "not interested" in attending NSU at this point.

Too bad ... dude has a lot to learn.

He's just another Idiot

Chris is too much of a THUG and too STUPID to get in any college. What an immature dimwit!

Just Saying.........

Robin, are you also a fan of Hitler? Oh and # 9 You are my Hero! I wholeheartedly agree!

Boni Thompson

I think everyone should just leave Chris Brown alone.College is opitional for any individual. He has a great music career ahead of him. If fans decide not to support him anymore than thats their choice but it will not change the fact that he was and still is a famous R&B/ Pop artist.

Ninoska

la verdad me mato la noti de Chris & Rihanna pero en fin el q hayan vuelto wow me mato mucho mas en fin las cosas son asi .. felicitarles por el programa soy su re fan hay no me re encanta no me lo pierdo por nada!! jeje bueno si los martes por que voy a clases muy muy temprano sigan asi!! esta buenisimo !!

Just sayin'

Ya know, It makes me sick to read some of the comments on here. The idiots that stick up for an abusive boys make me want to vomit.
I will pray for all you morons that you get a wake up call and that someone teaches you what a real MAN is. Not a boy. Not a guy. A MAN. Real me don't hit women and that's a fact. I am so thankful I have a real Man. If I were to yell scream accuse and finally, hit my husband, he would not hit me back. He might yell or grab my arms to stop me, but he would never hit me. If it is true that Rihanna struck the first blow then Chris should have done the right thing and walked away, got in his car and left. OR had her escorted out of the building. As for forgetting the past as some of you say, nothing is past. Sure he's probably sorry and I'm sure he cried to her and told her that and how it won't happen again. Obviously. That's why she took him back. BUT, Chris has received NO TREATMENT for his abuse problem. And yes, he has one. A man doesn't beat a women down and then never touch her again. It's not that simple. It won't just go away. It will happen over and over. Until she leaves for good or she is dead (God forbid).

P.S. No I do not condone women hitting men BUT strangely enough even the laziest of guys have more strength then most women. Unless of course the woman is a body builder. Think about it, how many men get raped by women? Hmmm???????

He's just another Idiot

Just Thinking: You must be deadbeat Chris himself or his lawyer. You are as big of an Idiot as Chris.

PlayaRushous

Well whatever college he decides to go to, someone needs to knock his ass upside the head with some hard bound books. The big ones..LMAO!!!!! All I know is if it were me, and he wanted to act all crazy, true, a man can throw some punches, but baby, I would had clawed the hell out of his ass. His face would had been busted too... I cant stand men, that hit women, Real Talk

Danielle

LEAVE HIS ASS ALONE PEOPLE! THERE'S DOMESTIC VIOLENCE EVERY DAMN DAY BUT WHEN IT'S A CELEBRITY, ALL OF YOU DUMBASS PEOPLE ARE IN THE MIX! GET A FREAKIN LIFE! IT'S OVER AND DONE WITH! HE WILL DO HIS TIME! SH#T, GIVE HIM A BREAK! RIHANNA IS BACK WITH HIM ANYWAYS BITCHES!

He's just another Idiot

Robin, you need to go to College and take some grammar courses. Anyone who loves Chris is as crazy as he is! I think people on here supporting him are old Chris himself. It's good to know that he is not too stupid to use a computer.

Elaine

#9 - TOO TRUE. Thank you!

Elaine

Oh to #19, it makes me sick with people like you who condone domestic violence.

Michael Madsen

He's obviously mentally handicapped... any school , other than a "special needs" institution, would be an unattainable feat.
The brutalization of women will hopefully get him a scholarship for a lengthy term in prison.
The more of these "wastes of space" we put away, the sooner society can begin to retrieve some semblance of civility.

cool chic

CHRIS BROWN RULES!!! I APPLAUD ROBIN & JUST THINKING. THEY MAKE A LOT OF SENSE BECAUSE YOU DONT EXECUTE SOMEONES CHARACTER WITHOUT EVEN KNOWING THE WHOLE STORY. ALL OF YOU THAT DONT LIKE CHRIS BROWN JUST BECAUSE OF WHAT YOU HEARD SHOULD GO WORK FOR ENQUIRER OR STAR - I MEAN COME ON THAT IS RIDICULOUS. THERE ARE 3 SIDES TO EVERY STORY!!!! AND WE HAVENT EVEN HEARD ONE YET. AND YES IF SHE WAS BEAT AS BAD AS YOU PEOPLE SAY SHE WOULD STILL BE SWOLEN AND HAVE MARKS TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joel P.

Just Thinking @ 14

Wow!! From your rantings, it sounds like you have either been an abuser of a victim of one. Speaking of denial!! Your entire rant is all about "what Rihanna should or should not have done". I especially like your TUESDAY rationale that a truly violent person would have smacked the phone out of her hand. Here's a question for you. Why did Chris hit her in the first place? ...oh I think I know the answer..."she deserved it". You are a very scary person.

Joel P.

sorry @14 my comments were directed to "Just Thinking @17"