Gun-Toting Shawn Johnson Fan Arrested

3/25/2009 5:08 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Shawn JohnsonA man claiming he was "meant to be" with Shawn Johnson was arrested early Tuesday morning after trying to sneak on to the set of "Dancing With the Stars" -- and cops say he had two loaded guns and duct tape in his car.

Johnson's mother, Teri, has just filed a petition for a restraining order against the man, 34-year-old Robert O'Ryan. The restraining order seeks protection for 17-year-old Shawn, her mother, her father and her "Dancing" partner Mark Ballas.

According to documents filed by Johnson, "The LAPD searched [O'Ryan's] vehicle and located a loaded .45 handgun, a loaded shotgun, and materials classically used for kidnapping including duct tape, zip ties, and a map to the victim. Also found were love letters, clippings and other information on the victim."

According to the documents, O'Ryan told police "He had packed all his belongings and permanently left Florida to drive out here to be with [Shawn Johnson], he believes that she speaks to him personally through the television set and through ESP and that they will have a child together, he stated he would be with her no matter what."

According to the CBS incident report, the whole thing started Monday afternoon when a CBS employee noticed O'Ryan jumping a fence and entering a hallway in the East Studio. Private security confronted him and asked for ID -- and that's when O'Ryan produced an expired concealed weapons license. When guards asked if he had a weapon on him, O'Ryan admitted to having 2 guns in his car. At that point, the guards alerted the LAPD.

In the documents, Johnson claims she's "in fear for her life, she is extremely upset by this incident and her entire family and those around are all extremely concerned and fearful that [O'Ryan] might try to kidnap her or harm her in an effort to make good on his statements."

click to view picsO'Ryan is currently in police custody. He was booked on suspicion of carrying a loaded firearm in public and is being held on $35,000 bail.

Story developing ...

COMMENTS

Skittprincess

Not to minimize the surely scary situation that the young lady was put in, but it sounds to me like this guy is really just in need of psycological help...I mean, who really just tells the cops, "Sure, you know, the guns are just right out here in the car....Let me show ya!"......Whoever knows this fellow should have long-ago alerted authorities as it seems like he probably had no problem telling anyone who would care to listen, this wild story of ESP and fate....tsk tsk tsk

kfarmer

That guy is a nutcase and needs to be in the nut house.
Anon what are you thinking. That mother was doing what she is suppose to do. She was protecting her little girl from creeps like you. You sound like a person who needs to be locked up also.

scarysherri

I what I find most disheartening is the fact that he is only on a 35000 dollar bail- That is too easy to get out of! He should be held at a million and then ordered to seek psych help right off rip. I understand that there is a process. Heck I live with a mentally ill person and my in laws are also severe. My husband has it together, but I can totally see his mom flipping like that. And I would WANT her to be confined and held at a larger amount. We need to fix the due process of stalkers, harrassment, and so forth- too many people(stars and normal society) are endangered each year.

*steps off soapbox*

Judy

Please put this man in jail and keep him there. He will make good on his threat and it will be a tragedy. If I were Shawn's parents, I would hire private guards for her and the show should as well. I would leave nothing to chance and Shawn's parents should be with her constantly. From past incidents, the authorities knOW that this man will act on his threats and it is an opportunity for them to protect this young girl. KEEP HIM IN JAIL!!!

DeenaLynne

What a freak! I'd be seeking all kinds of protection for my child too. Why is his bond just #35,000???

TMZ IS MY HERO!!

What the hell!?

She was talking with me through the TV not that guy!

*Bastage!*

scarysherri

funny...I just reread the end- "He was booked on suspicion of carrying a loaded firearm in public" Really, no kidding. DUDE HE TOLD YOU THAT AND YOU SAW IT...how is it suspicion- I love legal jargon

sungal

The first poster (skittprincess) said: "like this guy is really just in need of psycological help"...... Psychological help? Oh hell no. The only help this guy needs is a jail cell with a non-opening door once he's put in it.

Marcia Diane Valentine

don't believe everythig you read just because it's printed. the police said i tried to run over jesse james. He blocked me in a public parking spot and i told him over and over to MOVE, until he finally did. the police also put in their report i have an "imaginary" friend that only i can see. to make sure the public thought the worst of me, snadra bullock said i threw fur all over her property. all lies!!!!!!!!!! my FORENSIC psychiatrist proved i'm not a stalker. however, that did not make the five o'clock news.

Steve

Held on just a firearm charge? This dangerous nutcase should be charged with felony stalking, harassment, and, since his intended victim is a minor, pedophilia. Mental illness is no excuse for committing a crime, this deviant needs to be locked up in a penitentary as long as he poses a threat to others.

Terry

What kind of lame security do they have there? I mean really.....Hops a fence and then only when observed by someone OTHER than security is he found out?? Once he was found on the property whithout the proper credentials he should have been TASERED and HANDCUFFED till the police arrived.....WHY IS THIS COUNTRY SO SOFT ON CRIMINALS, however minor?? "We have become a country concerned about the rights of the few at the xpense of the many"

Bruce Bender

This is Rebecca Schaeffer all over again. This guy should not be released on bond at all and he should be kept locked up for good.

Beach

I understand this situation is scary, but this guy has the classic symptoms of schizophrenia... locking him up in jail will only make it much, much worse, and most cops are not trained to deal with the mentally I'll (which seems absurd to me). Therapy and medicine could help this man turn his life around, let's just hope he gets the help he needs!

Shannon D.

Needing psychological help is not a get out of jail free card. In this case if he is determined psychologically incompitent he will be confined in a hospital.

val

This is were the court system will probley fail again--- By letting this DANGEROUS NUT CASE off . Only to have this happen again but will most likely HURT OR KILL someone "His fantacy". GOD HELP US ALL - from people like Him!!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments