Bye Bye, T.I.

3/27/2009 11:37 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

T.I.T.I. is going to the pokey for a year and a day.

An Atlanta federal court just sentenced the 28-year-old rapper on federal weapons charges related to buying machine guns and silencers.

T.I., whose real name is Clifford Harris, was also ordered to pay $100,300 in fines.

He has between 30 and 60 days to report to prison.

entombed

you'll get more with a kind word and a gun ..then you will with just a kind word -civilization

NotJustAnotherName

T.I.= Time Izzup...Ha-ha-ha-ha-LOL

CANDACE

OK Some of you really need to quit with the pitty act. I do like TI I have his cd's and watched the show. I think he is hularious and appears to be a loving father but he got involved in that situation on his own. Nobody twisted his arm and forced him to do it. You knew it was coming sooner or later that hes going to prison. Hes not there yet and has up to 60 days to report to prison. Tiny & those kids will be just fine and ya'll know it. They all will see each other and its possible he will get out on good behavior. TO the ones who have the attitude of he shouldnt be in there at all need to quit ya damn whiining like babies and get over it

lady_rose

Yeah, he is such a "good guy" that he's going to prison! WAKE UP PEOPLE!! C-YA, T.I.!! Don't drop the soap!!

MISS TIP

WE WILL BE WAITING FOR YOU WHEN YOU GET HOME. I PUT MONEY ON HIM HAVING THE NUMBER ONE CD IN APRIL 2010!!!! LOVE YOU TIP, WILL SEE YOU SOON

Blkshepherd

Sorry I have to go with Denise no.61 Had he been a regular guy name clifford with the same record and charges he would be doing more than a year. What he did for those kids was nothing short of what His attorneys Suggested he do so that it will save face, make him look good in the court because if he was so For kids he would have been doing the free community service Long before his arrest. The community service was ordered by probate court, this was NOT something he just volunteered out the kindness of his heart because if he did, then when he first came out he would have devoted a least ONE day out of the week to Community Service Which can be done without being ordered by the court. Any time YOu I and TI can go online and google Community Service. Many and I mean Many folks who are NOT celebrities volunteer their services for free giving back to the community. He is only Remorseful because he got CAUGHT. Had he not been caught, He would have been going about his regular THUG life with an arsenal of guns under his belt.
I dont fault him for arming himself as I would have did the same..but why do you need a silencer? It is what it is. As that tired saying goes " Just keep it real" Well keeping it real is when you volunteer YOUR time t a YOUTH center Without being order by the Courts! Just like MiKE VICK was only sorry because he got caught. Had he not been caught he would still be financing and fighting and killing dogs. NO i have no sympathy for TI a multi FELON who just happens to be wealthy. IT is a bias system and YES MONEY and fame Can help a great deal..except god help you if you kill a dog. Had Vick beat up his girlfriend he would have been sent to anger management. If some one died, he would be on the field right now Like Ray Lewis. How strange they Never found out who killed those two men. I am NOT impressed what TI did as far as community service. However, when he comes out and is free from probation. What will impress me..is he continues to give lectures may be if only Once a year for 8hrs. THEN and only then I will be impressed. Do it because you want to do it..not because You have no other choice..that is NOT coming from the heart. sorry.

Love_the_lawyer

Hey #4-
Do you think he would have done all that if he wasn't going to prison? Probably not. He's a thug that got busted and is paying for it. It's too bad his fame will get him special treatment on the inside. If he's going to a Federal Prison he is going to have it easy anyway!! If that were you or I it would be 10+ years in the big house.

anthony

lots of community work to help kids........... but now he has wiped out all those hours in one action.............what a great role model ................... why the hell was he trying to buy machine guns and silencers????????? that is so crazy...........

Kate

TI is an amazing rapper and person. He has done so much to get kids on the right path and keep them out of trouble. He met his required community service hours and he did stuff that didnt even count toward his time for example: his show on MTV Road to Redemption. He may have made mistakes but who doesn't. So you people need to stop hatin and support what he is doing for the youth of this nation. I love you TI and will miss you while you are in jail. But I will still listen to your CD everyday!!!

loveliife

This is really sad, I don't want him to go to jail, but at least he excepts it and learns from his mistakes. T.I. has helped alot with people and his family. He's such an influence and there's people on here who want here who want him to be locked up? You're all just mad because he's a really great and talented man. He will be missed and definately not forgtten in the next year.

sandwich

WooHoo...the Thug is going to jail. Hopefully that's where he'll die.

jen

looks like OJ has a new rommate

demis bicycle seat

look lets see what TI does when he gets out will he continue his show and help troubled youth? or was it all a show for the judge to try to get better sentence? i say it was all a show and he gets busted again

2013 days ago

Daddy wants some of the pie too.

LOL-- Some thug who walks around with a concealed weapon is "a great man"?? Some of you are SO braindead.

2013 days ago

Daddy wants some of the pie too.

Can't wait til you get here tough guy. Daddy's waiting for you.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments