James Franco Alert!

4/16/2009 3:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

James Franco was wide awake Monday night in the Columbia University school library... no boring professors in sight putting him to sleep.

media_removed_250.jpg

In the category of art imitating life, the book sitting next to Franco is "A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man."

Test your knowledge ....

Who Wrote PortraitJames Franco Sleeping

Kami the reaLest

Im the iLLest...

Rip It Up

Gee, he looks like most people put to sleep by the dreadful TMZ TV show....now that would bore anyone to death.

French Open Fan

I love James Franco. We both graduated from the English department at UCLA. I love him for his mind and movie choices. He'll always have a special place in my heart.

A Lawyer

So, I got the answer right (ya know, being brilliant like all TMZ followers...OK, that and having read the book) but I was sad it didn't show how MANY people got the answer right.

lis

looks and smarts, the ultimate perfect combination!!!
:D

triplesix

the guy has good taste - james joyce...not bad, esp the book he is reading..

Lucy

I love James Franco!!!

Frank

the child is totally fugly. how'd he ever get into a movie being so fugly? he must've been a homosexual child whore.

what movie was he in anyway???

Sweet

Wow, see ladies this is why we love James Franco even the more! Not only is he a great actor, he is also a got a good head on his shoulders by still going to college even though he probably has made enough money from his several movie roles(ex Spiderman Trilogy,Pineapple Express plus more ) . I admire him even more now that he is in college, I just finished college, before my May 22nd B'day(not bragging just, happy), but you better believe if I could go to Columbia University and get into some of the classes with James I would do it. LOL Plus another thing that makes James even more handsome and appealing is that.......wait for it, he loves to read! And not just school books to pass a class, real books. When I started college everyone thought I was crazy, because I love to read books, where I live college students HATE to read anything other than and barely their college school books! Plus the book James franco is reading seems like an interesting read. May we get more celebrity like James Franco with his smartness, thank God for James Franco!

Luke Warmwater

I'm sure he'll make a wonderful President of the World someday...meanwhile, who is taking these pics of him? I suspect he has someone doing it so that we won't forget who he is, and how smart he seems to be, you know, going to college and everything, like you even need a brain anymore to graduate. Sleeping in class and hanging in the libary (that's how it's pronounced in the ivy league schools...) sure makes us think he's really into this. Anyone seen his GPA?

CokeHelpsMeStudy

is everyone missing the point? his book is covered in lines of cocaine..

e

He's not in college, he's in grad school.

Jake

#12 you're a moron, shut up....good for him, most take the money and run...he's smart.

josi

HE IS SO HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SEEING THIS PIC. MAKES ME LOVE HIM EVEN MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #10- CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE TO READ TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE YOU JAMES FRANCO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aitch