Steve Wynn 'Devastated' Over Gans' Death

5/1/2009 11:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Danny Gans, Steve WynnSteve Wynn just gave us the following statement on the passing of his good friend Danny Gans:

"Elaine and I and all of us in the company are devastated at the loss of our brilliant, talented and loving friend.... one of the most unique human beings and entertainers in the world has been taken from us in an unexpected moment. A profoundly tragic event that leaves us all sad and speechless. The loss of Danny, to his wife Julie, his children Amy, Andrew and Emily, is at this moment impossible to comprehend. We will all try to go on with our lives without our dear friend. At this moment it seems almost impossible."

Foot Fetish

FIRST!!!

LongJohn69

Gans probably owed him $$$

FRANK BASHORE

Tragic loss. My wife and I have been fortunate to see Danny Gans perform over nine times over the years. We have recommended his show countless times. Where can you see a clean, entertaining, full of energy & first class show and walk away with a great feeling?
Danny Gans fulfilled our trips to Vegas. It will be years if not, probably never when we will see another Danny Gans. Thank you Steve Wynn for giving this tremendous talent the opprotunity to perform and to let us see this Legend as he progressed in his profession.
Our prayers are with his family and the talented support team that performed with him over the years.

K

Gans owed him NOTHING. They were friends from way back. Steve Wynn is shocked and is mourning his friend. STFU haters

Jimmy J

WOW we're the same age. So much talent. Wish everyone could have seen this man perform. Big loss to Las Vegas as well as the world. Prayers and best wishes to his family and the Wynns

Kitty

I worked for another Vegas headliner for two years. In that time I had the pleasure of interacting with Danny. I am as shocked as anyone. He was one of the nicest people I've met. We'll miss you Danny!

artie help

steve NEVER lends money to friends. Larry King burned him in the early 70's , swore off it after that.

bob martin

we used to stay at the mirage a lot---many times gans didn't keep his date to preform---my wife and i thought that was very odd---perhaps a cronic illness has now taken a great man---we will miss him

bob martin

i used to stay at the mirage a lot---many times gans didn't keep his date to preform---my wife and i thought that was very odd---perhaps a cronic illness has now taken a great man

Melanie

Didn't he have some sort of medical problem years ago? Maybe cancer or something? We saw him a few years back and I thought he mentioned this in his show.

Cari

I remember seeing Danny perform in the "early" days when he was at the Rio. His talent was just simply unbelievable. I told everyone who was going to Vegas that his show was not to be missed. Then my husband and I stayed at the Mirage for our honeymoon and Danny was now performing there. We actually ran into him in the lobby one afternoon and he was so kind to take time to talk to his fans. He will most definitely be missed.

kim

So sad. My heart and prayers go out to his wife and kids. Rest in piece Danny, knowing you made thousands of people laugh =)

Cubs2009

I was there last week and just couldn't justify the cost of seeing his show, since I had just paid for another show the night before. Now I wish I'd not worried about the cost and seen the show. That chance will never come again. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

Tonya

Lived in Vegas for years and knew Danny peripherally through many friends in the entertainment industry. He was a truly kind and great man and will be missed by so many.

Mikey J

My Brother Caddied for Danny at last years Pebble Beach Pro-am, Danny was class personified. He was kind and generous, he leaves a rich legacy. A pure talent with a pure heart, the world has lost a bit of it's luster now that it is with out you Danny. You will live on where mortal man can not yet venture, at home with your savior, but you leave behind a rich legacy and will not soon be forgotten. I pray that the Lord will comfort your friends and family, you will be missed.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments