Brad Pitt Squirms on 'Today'

5/20/2009 9:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Things between Ann Curry and Brad Pitt got a little awkward on "Today" when she interviewed him live from Cannes this morning -- which is exactly how we like it.

Ann Curry & Brad Pitt: Click to watch
Just one of the highlights: Curry actually goes in for a face grab.

Ady

WTF?! She did not act professional at all...get over it ann...you're not the only one that thinks he's hot...you can't just throw yourself at him like that!

1947 days ago

TJWF

you don't grab Brad Pitt's face! who is this silly woman?

1947 days ago

Wizzle fo shizzle

Let's be honest here, it was both of their faults. The 1st and obvious is ole' Ann drooling over Brad like a school-girl BUT (I'm a straight guy here) can you blame her? I mean, for god's sake, the man is a piece of work. (don't give me all this "professional biz" she's human just like us) 2nd, Brad should've rolled with the punches. Why? The majority of his movies are not "great" acting pieces, he's rich off of his looks, Play the game, move on and quit acting like her inquiries are not what women want to hear, of course they are.

1947 days ago

bestfriends?

#51, regardless of his looks, you cant deny the fact that he is talented! He's a great actor, and I am also getting sick of people interviewing him as a "sex symbol" instead of talking about his work. Maybe it was cute back in the day, but im sure he's getting tired of hearing about it EVERY SINGLE DAY! He's getting older, and theres nothing for us to look forward to hearing seeing he is obviousley still in a relationship!

1947 days ago

Jemima

Brad Pitt! I can honestly say, if I bumped into him on the street, sat next to him on a plane or at the pool, I would absolutely be stunned, disoriented and totally aroused , I'd likely be struck dumb.
So, I can't blame Anne Curry for her stunned and confused state. Then she HAD to touch him.
I believe most women would have to touch him if they were standing that close.

1947 days ago

Robert

Judging from his body language he didn't like it, and probably wanted the interview to be done with quickly. She won't get another interview from him as long as she lives, you can bet on it.

1947 days ago

paula

Brad looks exactly like jhonny knoxville especially jhonny in lords of dogtown TWINS

1947 days ago

colleen

that was very unprofessional of Ann Curry, she seemed too anxious during the interview, and was beside herself, then all of a sudden she started grabbing the guy's face, what's her problem, dont she have a man, a man is a man, Brad is the same person as anyone else, its just he have millions of dollars, I dont see why Ann went nuts during the interview, its like she was coming on to Brad, and he took it in stride, but Ann really made an ass of herself. The guy dont want you grabbing and holding on to him like that, come on you suppose to be a professional woman,

1947 days ago

observer

I have written NBC and complained about Ann Curry's lack of interview skills in the past. Unfortunately, she is being inaccurately groomed for celebrity interviews. She is obvious, overly "friendly" and not there yet. She used to interrupt with her own comments while people were talking, but she has stopped doing that, thank goodness. I think she could be a decent interviewer if she would get a good interview coach, watch tapes of other people interviewing and really stop trying so hard to be clever or whatever it is she does. She shows too much of herself!...her inner workings...and over compensates for her lack of being turly confident as an interviewer. She wants to be too chummy one time, and too aggressive the next. I think being able to interview Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt has gone to her head. Now, she's trying to give the vibe that they are best buds. Believe me, those two people are genuinely nice and have overlooked her way of interviewing, but it is wearing thin. She needs to back off, reassess what a true interviewer does and copy that. She has to realize where her place is in an interview situation and stick to it. She comes off being hard to watch, otherwise. I'm sure she's a nice person...but that's not the issue here.

1947 days ago

Ann Curry turned into a ridiculous schoolgirl and conducted herself unprofessionally with this interview. I'm sure Brad rebuked her after they cut back to the studio like "What was all that about? I'm here to promote a film, not take you out to dinner?." I'm also sure NBC hauled her starstruck arse in to have her answer for this ridiculous interview. They could have had a 14 year girl with hearts streaming out of her eyes do it just the same.

Brad looks completely uncomfortable, annoyed, exasperated, embarrassed and squirmy to say the least. He had to redirect the interview back on to the road several times and even asked Ann "Where are we going with this?" and "Let's move on" as she was fawning over him and talking in circles. She didn't pick up on any of this because of her hormones and the hearts streaming out of her eyes. I'm sure her husband had something to say when she got home. Ridiculous.

1946 days ago

Ann Curry turned into a ridiculous schoolgirl and conducted herself unprofessionally with this interview. I'm sure Brad rebuked her after they cut back to the studio like "What was all that about? I'm here to promote a film, not take you out to dinner." I'm also sure NBC hauled her starstruck arse in to have her answer for this ridiculous interview. They could have had a 14 year girl with hearts streaming out of her eyes do it just the same.

Brad looks completely uncomfortable, annoyed, exasperated, embarrassed and squirmy to say the least. He had to redirect the interview back on to the road several times and even asked Ann "Where are we going with this?" and "Let's move on" as she was fawning over him and talking in circles. She didn't pick up on any of this because of her hormones and all of those hearts streaming out of her eyes. I'm sure her husband had something to say when she got home. Ridiculous.

Also, Curry, did you interrupt Brad Pitt ENOUGH during your interview? You just kept talking over him during the entire "interview". At one point, he gave up trying to answer you and put his head down in an annoyed fashion like when you're done yapping, let me know and I'll answer your dumb question. Curry was making him SO uncomfortable, he had to keep looking somewhere else because of all of her GA GA crap in his face.

I always hated The Today Show. They have the most horrible hosts. And they added that bubblehead, Kathie Lee, to the show. Oy Vey.

1946 days ago

Brad, lose the ascot, especially in the south of France. Just a tad bit pretentious. The only thing missing was a pipe. I hate the moustache too. It looks horrible on you. You're better off just being clean shaven or a wearing a goatee if you must have hair on your face.

To NBC, put some salt peter in Ann's breakfast before she interviews men.

Hey, Curry, hope you enjoyed your interview with Brad because you'll NEVER get another one from him. You and Seacrest are both on THE TALK TO THE HAND list. Brad will NEVER give you another interview, and I don't blame him. Picture some guy doing that crap to you. Next time, put your panties it the FREEZER and put them on right before interviewing a guy. You're a knucklehead.

1946 days ago

Josie P

Ann Curry is a touchy, feely person. She spoke with me outside of NBC studios after a Sunday Today Show and softly touched my arm. She was just genuine. I was just a member of the public showing up for personal exposure. Now I'm 3 degrees from Brad Pitt? Thanks Ann! The only flaw in her interview is he hadn't seen the film. She was on target, asking questions about the film he should have been promoting. He kept answering that he hadn't seen the completed film. He was pretty lame. I like Ann and think she has an wonderful career with NBC. I did laugh when she touched him. She really can't help herself.

1946 days ago

Vix aka Team Aniston

Brad has been manipulated by that Angelina as the "baby sitting significant other." Ann Curry was out of line, touching and extending that stupid interview. I thought Brad handled himself well. What the hell, is Angelina dressing with a slit up to her thigh? She is trying to prove something, or attempting to be seductive and attractive, but to whom and why? That relationship with Brad is coming to an end. Just watch the body language between both of them And, why the hell can't Angelina stay home and actually be a mother instead of "acting like a mutha." She's messed up with priorities. She may think she can manipulate the press and her public relations, but the general public sees her for what she is. And, it's not good.

1945 days ago