Randy Jackson

America Is Never Wrong

5/21/2009 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

In the shocking finale last night, Kris Allen beat out Adam Glambert for "American Idol" -- and according to Randy Jackson, "America gets it right every time, dawg."

Randy Jackson: Click to watch
Just ask Taylor Hicks, Fantasia Barrino and Ruben Studdard ... who were all eventually dropped from their labels.

JJ

I haven't voted all season, but when it came to the finals I couldn't stand to see Adam the Screecher win. All my votes went to Kris. He is a cute, down to earth, and a lovable Christian family man that deserved to win before Adam. Adam acted as if it was owed to him to be the winner. I'm glad America got it right! Congrats Kris.

(BTW my vote had nothing to do with whether or not Adam was/is gay. He just can't sing and this is a singing contest!)

Trooper Tom

Maybe if Adam just sang a song instead of adding all the hysteronics he may have won. He belongs on Broadway in musicals

babi

Randy is like a B movie. The State of ARKANSAS filed 37 MILLION votes, they have a total population of 3 Million...you do the math. Computerized voting...totally unfair and not AT ALL representative of the actual feelings of America. ADAM is so far superior in every way to KRIS that KRIS will regret one day soon that he won as he will ALWAYS be remembered as the guy who won through crooked voting. AI has lost a ton of viewers for the same reason. IF you can't run a fair contest, why bother? Kris is okay andI'm sure he's an OKAY guy...except early on..he made some snide comment about the life guards loving ADAM...which took the focus on ADAM'S sexuality...but Gay or Straight... ADAM in an international SUPER STAR on the rise. Kris??? notsomuch,

CB

AI is more popular in rural areas and the south, than in big cities, midwest, east/west coast. Most of the winners have been from southern states and all from "red" states (Adam is from California) - so far someone winning outside conservative America is nil:

Season 1: Clarkson - Texas
Season 2: Studdard - (Germany) raised in Alabama
Season 3: Barrino - North Carolina
Season 4: Underwood - Oklahoma
Season 5: Hicks - Alabama
Season 6: Sparks - Arizona
Season 7: Cook - Texas/Missouri/Oklahoma
Season 8: Allen - Arkansas

babi

I wonder if some of these people even know who Robert Plant is or Freddie Mercury is/was? They must have lives
so bland and mediocre. I pity them. ADAM has an amazing anad gifted range...there has NEVER been any contestant with the talen of ADAM LAMBERT on AI...not even Carrie was that close.

Anyone who listens to the Number 1 ITUNES now (Adam's version of MAD WORLD) and can't get...I feel really sorry for!!!

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND AND A NICE LIFE....just wanted to show my support for this wonderful young and uber talented ADAM who has brightened up our lives.

mmm

AMERICA FKD UP DAWWWWWWWWWGGGGGG

Jenny pruski

I can't even remember what the guys name who won,Adam Lambert will be makeing alot of money and be an icon as Paula said. Simon is going to be signing his greatness to contracts that will make everyone rich,bottom line wrong guy won,Ameriaca's is filled with homofhobes,the guy who won is just O.K. and ADAM is Fantatsic.

reamworks SKG

As was covered at baytzim.com, I think Adam Lambert lost because he was Jewish. If you search YouTube for "Adam Lambert Hebrew" you'll see him singing at a number of Jewish events, including the Chabad Telethon. The Chr-stian community wanted to Crucify Adam Lambert, so they voted for Kris, even though they knew he can't sing as well.

CB

I just had an epiphany. Noting that all the winners have come from conservative states and that FOX (at least there new corps) is synonymous with Republican's/Conservatism, makes you wonder if AI was on NBC, CBS, or ABC if the outcome would be different. Not to take anything away from Kris Allen, who I do believe is very talented, but if the show was on another network, would the results have been the same?

I am not saying FOX fixes the competition, just that its network has a strong conservative base.

Elizabeth

When I heard that Kris won I literally thought it was a joke. No one even bothered to remember Kris's name until the top 3. Guess who everyone DOES remember. Adam Lambert. Do you really think those celebrities showed up to watch Kris sit on a chair and strum on his his guitar/ piano with his mediocre voice? No, they showed b/c of Adam.

Idol really exploited Adam to the fullest to get the all the views and ratings. They would always put him last so people would watch the WHOLE thing. and then he doesn't even get the title after all that effort. Thank God for Adam, he doesn't have to give 80% of his money to AI now... or sing that godawful song that Kara wrote.

babi

forget the politics. I'm a conservative Christian and I stayed up past 1 AM voting like crazy for ADAM. I dont care what he is..other than he is an amazing artist. I'm a different type of artist but seeing ANY art that is real and creative is a real boost !!! I just think the little teenie boppers and others got their computerized thing going on and voted like crazy (look at the numbers 37 M in a state of 3M) and the FAULT lies with the PRODUCERS of AI...squarely. I have also heard that Simon (the Producer) wanted to have "two" stars and knowing ADAM was already one for sure...he created STAR KRIS since he has them and their $ making ability for about another year... The best thing any of us can do is support ADAM, down load his ITunes...I can't wait for first CD...it will play in my studio 24/7...and boycott AI next season..really. I already wrote FORD and told them the FUSION I was going to buy for my housekeeper this weekend is now going to be a TOYOTA...expressly because they sponsor a crooked operation AI. There may have been a few who were 'put off' by the ROCK aspect but OMG how great was it to see QUEEN and KISS last night???!!! ROCK may be making a comeback!!!!!!!! I also believe in GOD and therefore ALL things work together for GOOD for those who love GOD. LIke I said earlier...I was miffed at little Kris when he made the crack about the lifeguards going after ADAM...it had never even occurred to me that ADAM was supposed to be GAY.... sure doesn't register on my radar!!! :) I could listen to him sing MAD WORLD FOR THE NEXT...SAY...15 YEARS. AS FAR AS RANDY AND KARA..... a big 0. Paula is the heart and Simon is the brains. Randy is like an assistant and who knows what KARA is? Her song was awful wasn't it. ... Maybe she'll come down a peg or two. BUT ADAM wss the best singer/entertainer on this show for sure!!!!!! Then Alison. Then Danny (singers now) then the little blonde who got cut way too soon....Kris is way down the list...and he knows it.

???????

You can't win them all..Adam may have not won the title..but he won the hearts of so many out there..As what David Archuleta said to Anoop & Allison after performing Touch My Hands, there were so many who didn't go all the way but still get to live their dream..There a lot of non-winner Idol contestants who have done much better than those who took the title home...So keep your head up high, Adam Lambert...People might have close their doors on you but God will open windows for you to soar!!!

Lori

What America got wrong was voting off Gokey. Adam is too scream'in hard rock. Not everyone watching Idol is 14 or 20. Kris deserved to win against Adam. Danny Gokey should have won.

Pls don't make me feel sorry for Ryan!

I feel sorry for Kris. I don't think he has the level of talent and charisma which is required to succeed in the business.
Honestly folks .... I don't think he'll do as well as Taylor even. Taylor only sold about 700,000 albums which is the poorest performance of any idol. And Taylor had personality, unlike Kris who is rather shy and introverted (in fact ... boring is a better description).

I have no worries about Adam, though he was robbed of the title and the $1 million contract. I hope AI execs help him out in his career, which I anticipate will occur. I am very disappointed in America, i.e. that the Christian vote would supersede the deserving talent. SHAME ON AMERICA!

blackandwhitegirl

I WISH THAT ADAM WOULD HAVE WON, HE IS TEN TIMES MORE TALENTED THAN BORING KRIS. AND WE NEED TO HAVE A WINNER FROM CALIFORNIA. IT DOESNT MATTER WHO WINS ANYWAY BECAUSE CHRIS DAUGHTRY HAS SOLD MANY ALBUMS AND HE DID NOT WIN. I PREDICT THAT ADAM WILL SELL WAY MORE ALBUMS THAN KRIS. ADAM SANG NO BOUNDARIES WAY BETTER THAN KRIS. I LOVE L.A. ADAM IS GREAT.