FreeCreditReport Band Must Change Dumb Tune

5/26/2009 1:57 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"Turns out those dumb commercials, that sing 'bout credit reports for free,
Are really full of crap and charge a 15 dollar fee,
The government took notice, and just passed a brand new bill,
Which stops those lying companies from lying to you still."

Free Credit Report .Com

"The only place to get free reports, so says the government,
Is to go to AnnualCreditReport.com, and to you they'll be sent.
Thanks a bunch to the FTC, but who we gotta thank the most...
Are the people who wrote about this first, over at the Huffington Post."

Mariah

Wow, this is the best writing I have seen by TMZ. That actually took a little creativity and thought process. I am impressed!

Mariah

Umm, #36

Why are we supposed to know that? I would assume the guy is lip synching just like in a music video, but why would we NOT assume it would actually be him singing. It is a relatively unimpressive or at the very least "average" voice by a basically "average" looking guy. Fits for me!

jwoolman

Go to the US Federal Trade Commission's real site

for some fun spoof videos of the "free credit report.com" commercials. Also they provide real information about getting your truly free report at the authorized site

That site also has lots of information about how to put fraud alerts on your reports etc.

The FTC site also provides information about how to get your free credit report by phone and mail. No credit card needed....:)

Freddy

I'm Glad someone's Finally doing something about this. Their company Triple Advantage scammed me out of 90 Bucks in charges I was unaware of. They made me fill out over 20 pages in paperwork to get refunded only $30.

Mrs. Pine

Thank you Obama for ridding the airwaves of this annoying and fraudulent crap. But what will Eric Volette do now? (He's the hot lead "singer" in these ads). Instead of looking fly and rolling fat, his posse's gettin laughed at!

ladybug5005

These commercials are the most OBNOXIOUS ever,,,,,,,,,especially the last one. I actually have to mute the sound on my TV.
Not to mention the fact that it's not free.

Desiree08753

I got screwed by freecreditreport.com. Luckily, I called to get that pesky $15 charge off my credit card. The lady kept on going on about different promotions they had. I had to tell them 10 times that I didn't want their service. Don't go to his site at all! They are a bunch of rip-off's!

Countess Rain83

HA!, its about damn time!!, i went to that site before they even had they guys on here and i noticed they charged......anyways I'm glad someone called them on it!!!!!!!!
:P