Sully Lands High School Speaking Gig

5/29/2009 2:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Chesley Sulley SullenbergerGood luck with everything you do in life, Denison High School graduating class of 2009. Maybe, if you're lucky, you'll grow up to one day land a commercial airliner in the Hudson River and save the lives of everyone on board.

That's right, we've learned Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger -- the most badass alumni in the history of the Texas school -- is delivering the commencement speech at this year's DHS graduation.

The ceremony, scheduled for June 6, was originally going to feature a giant tribute to Sully -- featuring a billboard of the hero pilot in the middle of town -- but Sully got wind of the grand scheme and humbly shot it down.

We're told Sully's peeps told the school he couldn't "imagine his face on a billboard."

Sully fun fact -- back in the day, he played the flute in the school band ... and you better believe he kicked ass.

toofastforyou!

FIRST AGAIN SUCKER!!!HAHAHAHAHAHA

1912 days ago

barry Gordy is genius

I went to match.com and discovered I was compatible with a million dollars and a brothel full of harlots !!!

1912 days ago

Wowwtf

Haha he lives just a few blocks from me. I'll give him a soap box to speak on all day outside my house, I'd make a killing at my lemonade stand.

1912 days ago

Blah, Blah, Blah

Epic Hero!

1912 days ago

Matt

At first I thought this was his High School graduation picture. Wheww.

1912 days ago

Sean

I am from Denison,Texas.I graduated in 90 and seems Denison always delievers a TOP speaker.It says alot about the Adminastration.Kids in Denison are know to be very sucessful.The graduition ceremony has always been treated and a PEP TALK of sorts for the ones going off to college and the ones who will start other careers!!Very nice to see this traditon continuing with this man!!!Good luck to all the graduating class of 2009!!!

1912 days ago

Rob

Nice work Sean. As a fellow alumnus, I'm sure Sully would be proud of the intelligence you just spewed.

1912 days ago

Jon

I'm sure I can't be the only one who noticed that the photo has been doctored. It looks like someone covered over something that was in the original picture where the end of the tassel is now... by clumsily shifting the tassel and foliage behind it leftwards.

1912 days ago

hahahahahha!!!!!

It's clear that the geniuses at TMZ are clueless to the fact that Sully is a diehard Conservative. Had they known this, they would have been asking his ex-girlfriends from 30 years for any sort of dirt, factual or not, in typical liberal fashion in hopes to ruin his life.

Jokes on you TMZ!!! Blindly posting positive comments about a CONSERVATIVE REPUBLICAN!!! HAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!

1912 days ago

Sean

Yes Denison is the king of House demolitions!!!!BUT we are all proud to be from Denison!!!!I live now in Amsterdam,The Netherlands,but i am in Deniosn on a bi monthly to visit my family!!!There is no reason to be hateful or negative here,This ceremony is for the kids graduating from DHS!!!!Why be so negative????it is about the kids and thier futures!!

1912 days ago

Lauren

I am from Denison and I am proud that our graduates are going to have a memorable graduation. Denison may be a small town but we produce some BIG hereos and talent. There is no reason for this to be looked as a negative situation by anyone. He is literally a hometown hero and a national hero, who better to give a high school graduation speech??

1912 days ago