Baby Remember My Name

6/4/2009 3:19 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The 44-year-old resurfaced at some event in Beverly Hills, looking futuristic.

Erica Gimpel

Unbeknownst to many, Erica has appeared on "ER", "Profiler" and "Boston Legal."

Erica is in a jazz band called Erica Gimpel and Trio.

agree

Ok, everyone. Of course she looks good, she's still young, you all act like she's old or something.

1911 days ago

Perez Hilton's Bumhole

Gad she was fugly then, but she looks better now.

1911 days ago

patsfan

She looks just fine.

Who write the craptions for these photos? TMZ must hire bitter queens for writers!

1911 days ago

Cam

Um, if she's really 44 that would have made her 16 when Fame started filming...somehow I doubt that.

1911 days ago

tomcat

Irene Cars is now mostly known for "Flashdance" song. Erica looks great and shows that being 20ish is not the "perfect timel" of life.

1911 days ago

Sharona

She looks beautiful, better actually. My parents used to let my brother and me stay up to watch "Fame." Loved the show.

1911 days ago

voiceofreason

One of my favorite movies of the 80's was Fame. Then they made it into one of the suckiest TV shows ever. I could not stand Erica as "Coco". Now there is a remake of the movie in the works, when will Hollywood learn to leave well enough alone!

1911 days ago

pickly

She looks absolutely beautiful and not 44. Also, Why do you TMZ writers always use the phrase "resurfaced" for anyone who hasn't starred in a hit film in the last 10 years but indeed DOES have an active career in film, television, or theater? As does this actress. She has worked constantly since leaving FAME. "Resurfaced" makes it sound like she just crawled out of the ocean. You do this to many performers and it's weird. You should consider re-tooling the MembaThem feature to be a little less, um, ignorant and disparaging.

It just makes you sound really not nice (not nice = expletives I deleted/replaced).

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2