Miley Cyrus -- Disney Changes Her Tune

6/14/2009 9:41 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Miley CyrusBilly Ray Cyrus is doing his best acting job yet -- by pretending that he and Miley are excited about a new season of "Hannah Montana."

Disney has just picked a fourth season of Miley's show, which, according to Billy Ray, was all Miley's choice. But we doubt that's the case. First of all, as EW points out, she was under contract -- you know, a legal document that forces you to do things, regardless of your opinion.

Secondly, as we told you last year, Billy Ray and Miley feel there is more money in her music career. So Billy Ray and Miley started showing up late to "Hannah" tapings, stalling production and fighting with co-stars -- all to try and force Disney's hand.

Looks like Miley's getting some tough love from her "parents," aka Disney's legal team.

John

I have never heard the isuue addressed that Miley is a minor. No contract is binding on her, period. To my knowledge, there is no legal way around that. The contract could hold a different legal entity responsible, but that entity could pay out it's funds and declare bankruptcy. Are there any people out there with a legal backround who could explain how they could hold these young stars to a contract, because if the young stars wanted to burm their bridges, they could just walk away.

antoinette

i`m first suckers ...................

Prince Von A-Hole

TMZ, Your idiocy never ceases to amaze me.

guy rich

MILEY IS A TOOL AND HER FATHER IS JUST CASHING IN THOSE CHECKS.I NEVER SAW ANY TALENT IN ANY OF THEM.

Prince Von A-Hole

TMZ, Your idiocy never ceases to amaze me.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lindsey

tiger'smomaphonytoo

Miley seems to have a speech defect, singing just so-so, all Daddy's contacts made Miley's career. Not surprised, are you? She smiles like a duck. All the talented singers are without Daddys or Mommies with contacts. So goes the world.

Wombat

If I had a dime for every Hannah Montana item I come across that is marked to 75% off while shopping for my kids...I'd be a millionaire!

JANE DOE

She should kiss Disney's As*

for giving Her the career She has!!

Wombat

"Oh shut up TMZ. You were WRONG with the "fighting story". She never "changed her tune" or anything. I love how you claim that she pulled a 180 because the TRUTH is exactly opposite of your MADE UP story. Miley doesn't have any beef with Disney, but you continually push that story to make everyone believe it. You're causing drama where there isn't any. EVERY STORY about Miley and Disney that is the truth goes against EVERYTHING you claimed was happening and you can't stand to admit that you were wrong. She was NEVER fighting with them to stop the show. In fact, she was PUSHING for one more season to completely wrap up the storyline, morons. She's helping the writers with the next season. I have a close friend who works with Disney and THAT is the true story."

WOW! IS YOUR "DISNEY FRIEND" THAT GUY DRESSED AS GOOFY HANDING OUT COTTON CANDY ON MAIN STREET? IF SO, CAN I GET HIS AUTOGRAPH ...AND SOME FREE COTTON CANDY?

rev_vandy

Sorry, but story is wrong. Miley does no have to do another season of Hannah Montana. Disney is already pushing the show "wizards of waverly place" in merchandising and such. They are doing one more season (and it is most likely the last) because they want to. And the 3rd season doesn't seem to have a definitive ending anyway.

hahahahahha!!!!!

I agree with the poster above, TMZ likes to try and stir up trouble where there isn't any. And wow, imagine that, they're doing it to the Cyrus family who supported John McCain. Shocker!!!

But even if there is an ounce of truth that Miley would want to leave what made her rich beyond all get out, look no further than the pompous, arrogant cast of Friends who basically told NBC they were all ready to quit the small screen and begin their "sure to be, MASSIVE, movie careers." If Aniston hadn't married Brad Pitt, she'd be stuck making made for TV movies, doing failed pilot after pilot, or lame bit parts as parents in cheesey movies, like the rest of them.

If I were in Miley's camp I'd advise her to ride the Disney gravey train until it stops on it's own

SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE

SKANK

SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE

Why do parents buy her crap?
Why do parents think this 16 running around with 20 year olds is cool?
Why do parents take their children to see a Fake?
Why do kids think this girl is special?
Because someone is making$$$.
No talent horse tooth skank for MY kids. Keep your own problems out of my house.

Cam

This story is full of flaws and lies.
Dont believe it TMZ readers.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments