Baker's Dozen

6/23/2009 2:13 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The 51-year-old resurfaced at some event in NYC, looking moody.

Anita Baker

Anita was once a receptionist at a law firm.

In the '90s, Anita sued her record label and won.

Darlin1111

I think she looks happy not "moody"... Who comes up with these adjectives anyway???

Here 4 Beer

Anita still looks great. I bet she still sounds great too......not like these knuckheads you hear on the radio these days.

Mustardseeds

I don't believe TMZ meant to be insulting. Moody is synonymous with the Blues or Jazzy.

Twinker

Wow! She is beautiful! Great voice.

Cabo

I love Anita! I saw her in concert twice. She is awesome! I I wish she'd put out more music, but I guess she wanted to focus more on raising her boys and that's great, too. She looks fabulous.

Evelyn

Ms. Baker has the richest most beautiful voice. She also wrote her own material, which so few "artists" do these days. I always felt she should have been more appreciated by the public than she was....

greytalli

She looks great!

just me

She looks gorgeous! I love her music and wish she'd release something new. She is the epitome of class and grace. Never ANY gossip about her. I think she just retired to be a Mom.

salsabugs

She looks great, and is one classy woman. She actually gave up her career for years to take care of her family and sick parents by choice, and then came back stronger than ever. I have the deepest admiration for her.

Robin

Yes. No doubt, she still looks as elegant now as she did years ago, if not better. She's not a "girl"; she's a 51-year old woman who is well-coiffed, good-complexion, age-appropriate make-up as well as her "own face" [meaning, no ballooned-up-botoxed lips or plastic surgery]. Of course she has put on a little weight, as have many of us, but it isn't offensive looking at all.

As for the "curves" thing --well, I personally think that is just a recent & convenient euphemism over-weight [women] have adopted. A slim woman can also have curves, just not really, really large ones. But Anita... she looks good from this waist shot taken of her.

florence

people are always talking trash about some one they know nothing about,they can go to the devil,they can't touch anita baker,she has too much class for those bums.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2