South Carolina Guv's Wife -- Outta the House!

6/24/2009 6:14 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Mark SanfordThe wife of South Carolina Governor Mark Sanford told her husband "to leave two weeks ago."

Jenny Sanford says when she found out about her husband's infidelity she "worked immediately to first seek reconciliation through forgiveness." At a point, however, she says "to look my sons in the eyes and maintain my dignity, self-respect, and my basic sense of right and wrong, I therefore asked my husband to leave two weeks ago."

She says she asked the Guv not to contact the family during the separation. She says she had no idea where he was the past week.

We can assume it didn't help things when she found out he was in Argentina with his mistress.

One thing we can't figure out ... if they live in the Governor's mansion, how can she make him move?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

cheesehead

Whats the big deal? When Clinton did it, everyone just wanted to turn and look away. So whats the difference?

SC Blue Collar Worker

As a blue collar worker, you did not call in you will be FIRED!!!! So what is the DIFFERENCE!!! He DID NOT call in for 7 DAYS- that is the GROUNDS FOR TERMINATION OF EMPLOYMENT!!!! My hats off too his wife, Jenny because it takes a STRONG woman to try to love a man that DOES NOT LOVE you and OPENLY giving messages to his "lover" in Argentina that "You will ALWAYS be his soulmate" and even though he WILL "TRY"( but does not love her) and always LOVE MARIA, because she looks at the media coverage of him. Since he cannot call her, text her, or visit her, this is a way he is letting her know his affections PUBLICLY!! WHAT A SHAME TO THE CHILDREN, WIFE AND SC RESIDENTS!!! REPUBLICIANS WAKE UP!!!!

Michael Madsen

lookin' for a new sausage...

mitch myers

hes free

First whores!

why apologize? only apologize if the mistress is fat and ugly.

Laura

The same thing happened in Nevada. Governor Gibbons cheated on his wife, then he moved out of the Governor's mansion while she stayed. Crazy. But none of this would have happened to either governor if they just would have kept their pants on!

Melissa

DID ANYONE NOTICE ON THE TAPE THAT THE GUV SAID HE WAS SORRY TO THE MISTRESS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE INCLUDING HIS WIFE AND SONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT JUST DIGS A DEEPER HOLE

Delicious

THE WORLD IS COMING TO AN END.......

How Now Brown Cow

left the state at Father's day to see his mistress after being asked to leave by his wife and came back early because of the press and holds a press conference sporting an amazing tan! give it up for the jackhole...

Bash a Pap

Bless her heart. it sucks when your husband bangs the traditional marriage drum so loudly while he's banging an Argentine chick on the side.

Only marry foreign women

Dating or being married to an American woman is like driving a beat-up Ford Escort. If you are only used to driving a beat-up Ford Escort, then you have no idea what it feels like when you drive a Bentley or Ferrari. You need to at least test-drive a Ferrari, so you'll have a reference point on what a real car feels like.

JimmyD

Lock his butt out and take him for everything he has! Let him have his ho-ho-ho!!!!!!!!

Jess

Broke back Governor.

R.J. Johnson

The really bad news? Barney Frank is moving in!

Only marry foreign women

Since I've been traveling overseas I have met many nice Japanese, Russian, and Spanish women. I can tell you this....the women are so much better. I want a lady that, when I get home from work, would rather kiss me than scream at me for some trivial reason like I didn't mow the lawn. I can do without the nagging thanks. To all my fellow American men... American women are easily replaceable...go Asian, or Russian, even European (except British, Italian, and French women) and you can't go wrong. Experience is the best teacher.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments