Michael Jackson -- Cardiac Arrest

6/25/2009 5:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

UPDATE -- Michael Jackson passed away today at the age of 50. Click here for the latest.

We've just learned Michael Jackson was taken by ambulance to a hospital in Los Angeles ... and we're told it was cardiac arrest and that paramedics administered CPR in the ambulance ... and it's looking bad.

1102-michael-jackson-getty-ex

He was picked up at his home around 20 minutes ago -- we're told his mother is on the way to visit him.

UPDATE: The 911 call came in at 12:21PM at his Holmby Hills home in L.A.

UPDATE: A Jackson family member tells TMZ Michael is in "really bad shape" and the brothers are headed to UCLA.

UPDATE: We just got off the phone with Joe Jackson, Michael's dad, who says "he is not doing well."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

lance madden

micheals name has been dragged through the mud so many times plus the poor sod has been put through the mill as well..he might be able to has a better life now in heaven....he was a star and stilll remain a star in my mind...long live micheal jackson....respect from england man....

lynn

God bless....Michael Jackson..a musical genius who can never be replaced

KimmyWorld

Michael's passing has brought my hometown friends and I together reminiscing of our times dancing to his music. I felt he was a musical genius in his own right and had no childhood which I feel caused him to be such an eccentric. He talent will be missed by me and my colleagues. Now I know how Elvis' fans felt when he passed on. I was only 11 but I know where I was and what I was doing when his passing was announced. I feel a little piece of my POP Music Heart has been taken with Michael's passing on.

ButForTheGraceofGod

When someone dies it is not necessary to so totally disrespect them. There is not a person in the world that has such a perfect life to be judging Michael's. People who never knew him personally, suddenly feel so qualified to state what was in his heart and mind.
His life is over, he had a very troubled life from the time he was a child; this didn't just happen. His happiest moments were on stage...where he felt loved and accepted. People do not want to look at CHILD ABUSE and what it does to a child, the long term affects into adulthood. I grew up being an abused child, and you stop growing emotionally. You always think you have to prove yourself, so people will like you. Michael was performance driven and the more famous he became, this increased as well. After Thriller it was "what do I do now to keep them loving me"! If you have ever been abused you know what I am saying. We are all fallen people...not one of us has anything to brag about....but for the grace of God!

latosha pennington

michael will be missed he was loved by many an he will contiune to be loved ,but one thing that we all but remember that god makes no mistakes when he calls you home so we must look at it form gods point of view he loved him more and he was ready for him to come home to rest with him. so we should remember michael jackson for the good he did and that was his music that brought light too our life.

Juanita

What is it with some of these comments, We have lost a remarkable entertainer. A lot of his Weirdness was brought on by people like this that have no life and all they want to do is down someone for what they may or may not have done. He did not get any respect or peace in life. If you could not go anywhere without being mobed you would be a little weird too. Leave him be now. Show respect for him and his family.

FAN#1

Peace to you MJ and I will pray for you and your loved ones.

angel

I knew when I heard the news, it had to be drug related. Michael was indeed talented and I love all of his music. His personal life, however, was about as bizarre as it gets!

unknownaa

I think that all of you are idiots for saying the HORRIBLE things you are saying about Michael Jackson...No...He was not perfect but seriously??? Who is?? He is and always will be the King Of Pop...He was a truly amazing artist and his music will live on....Seriously....You guys need to grow up and understand he was someones Father, Brother, And Son so show some respect!!!!!!!!!!!

FAN#1

# 33 You deserve what you will get in life!

you reap what you sow!!

33. Only 15% of people survive cardiac arrest OUTSIDE of the hospital. When the heart stops beating, you have 6 minutes to get it back to beating. Takes an average of 10 minutes to get an ambulance. Most households don't know how to perform CPR. An electrolyte imbalance usually causes cardiac arrest... commonly caused from fad diets, drugs, alcohol, pounding Bubbles the chimp in the azz. I hope he dies.

Posted at 4:58PM on Jun 25th 2009 by Surgeon55

thawayitis

I love what was said about TMZ in this tribute to Michael Jackson.

steven

Childern can once again sleep without fear.

Marlene Lawson

I am still in shock at the news of Michael Jackson dying. I just can't believe it...we have surely lost an Icon in music. It just won't be the same. I will always love Michael and everything he stood for...I hate seeing all the hateful remarks in comments left about him and I hope the owners of these sites will delete them...the man was aquitted of all charges...but besides all that, He was a genius in the musical field...Please remember what he did accomplish and remember how his family must be feeling now...I didn't even know him personally and I can't stop crying...I'm a 58 year old woman and I love him and his music...God bless his family and his children...Michael, rest in peace...you will be missed! But through your music you will live on within all of us who loved you.

dee.baybee21

-sOme ppl are sO rude !. MJ tOuched sO many ppl and we will fOrever and always thank him fOr that . nO matter what ppl say all the gOOd he has dOne Out weighs the badd . sO shOw him the respect that he deserves . R.I.P Michael JacksOn . yOu will fOrever be lOved and remembered . ily . rest in peace .

Kavya BHatnagar

MJ the name has its own magic. period . for all those who love him or hate him, what matters is, he evokes an emotion. i m very certain about the fact that, after his death he'll become even more famous, and immortal. i dont know wat he did or wat he was. probably dont even know too much about his music. one thing i know is, i ve never seen somebody create such a hysteria, isnt he a greater power to neutralise all the evil, all thats bad, he has given happy moments to so many souls, if yopu put them together, it counts for more than all the IMAGINED sins.
all of us cant be micheal jackson. he knew it. earlier we realise his greatness better for us

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments