Cops Meet with Jackson Family

6/26/2009 10:14 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

We've learned at least five detectives from LAPD robbery/homicide met with members of Michael Jackson's family at Michael's Holmby Hills home.

Sources tell us both the cops and family had requested the meeting. The family wanted to know about "the circumstances surrounding Michael's death." The cops wanted information that could help them determine what killed Michael. We're told Katherine, Joe and several brothers were present.

The meeting is over -- one of the cops just told us he believes "no crime" was committed inside Michael's home.

pattie in cali

i hope an pray this doesn't get nasty. PLEASE !!!! i feel its going to be a painful and very long case. R.I.P. MICHAEL.
GOD BLESS MICHAEL. GOD BLESS YOUR LITTLE ONES......

Bri

Really, how do we know he was overdosed. The tox screens haven't even come in. We need to give it time. In the next few weeks, we will deffinetly find out what happend to him. I myself, did not like him too much. I thought his music from 20 years ago was great though. I give my best wishes to his family, and I hope this "doctor" turns up soon.

minnesotanice

Yeah, he was a great performer back in the day. But I can't get past the pedophilia, which I believe he was guilty of. Irregardless of his childhood, yada yada.....he was at the end of the day accountable for his actions. My opinion, and I'm not commentling on anybody else's feelings/opinions.

hamilTonyan

So you are telling me that the guys who held the insurance policy hired this doctor? Keep on this TMZ you guys have gained my faith.

Karen

I read you all critiques and think:

"Watch what you say and how you acuse. At the same time you are pointing a finger at Michael and calling him names, you are poiting at yourselves with the rest of your fingers!"
How filthy your soul and mouth are that even dead you got nothing possitive to say.
Life is already hard and nasty, look at Iran right now, Irak and all the dead soldiers......
Humans have the capacity to destroy faster than any other specie, they feed even when they are not hungry, when there is so much out there that can make us focus on good! Haven't you learned anything? How easy is to open your mouth. How different are you?

AJ

What a tragedy. The fact that the doctor hasn't gone in for questioning speaks VOLUMES abou this GUILT in my opinion. If it was an honest accident, (i.e. the doctor was giving MJ drugs that he actually needed for treatment) then there is no reason for the doctor to be acting so elusive. Further, what kind of doctor performs CPR on a BED and doesn't call 911 himself, right away? If he was administering Demerol to MJ, as reports say, then he should have also had the drug that reverses Demerol's effects if it is given in excess. What a tragedy. My heart breaks for his children, his siblings, his mother and his fans. The World has lost a person who believed in loving everyone.

I also want to say that I believe that many media programs and the 'experts' on these programs that persecuted Mr. Jackson during the last 15 years of his life should be ashamed. While it was ultimately MJ's decision to take prescription drugs, just think about the stresses brought on by the EVIL, HORRIFIC ACCUSATIONS that the media fed to viewers about him. I cannot think of one single parent that would settle for $$$, rather than put a monster in jail for supposed molestation of their child. I hope that every single person who made a profit from making accusations and reporting falsehoods about this innocent man cannot sleep tonight. Shame on them.

MJ struggled his entire life because he was terribly abused as a child. So what if he enjoyed spending time with kids. I know someone that grew up training for a sport everyday before and after school. This person had no social life and wasn't allowed to spend time with other children. Now, this person is 25 and her favorite thing to do is be with kids and have fun with them. She went through nothing compared to the beatings MJ went through. I just find it so sad that our society still cannot accept differences.

MICHAEL JACKSON, REST IN PEACE. We love you and will cherish your music FOREVER.

opi

Michael's career and life were never the same since he paid off the kid in 93 for child molestation charges. Nothing was ever the same after that, for his career, or in his life. I think he was suicidal. He knew the highlights of his career were over. He knew he could no longer have "sleepovers" with kids. What did he have to live for? He just stayed stoned in a purple haze until this INEVITABLE end.

just me

Hey Dax - you looked great on Greta Van Susteren

Now back to business - The Family needs to hire someone to do an independent autopsy (sp)

C'mon TMZ find this doc, I'm counting on you !!!

Byteme

Check u out, TMZ!!! NY Times even !

A Web Site Scooped Other Media on the News

Miah

To those baying for the blood of the Doctor - ever heard of the term "innocent until proven guilty"? Yes, I too found it strange that he performed CPR on the bed and I do believe there is a LOT more to the story than meets the eye. However, you should be careful about throwing around terms such as "he should be charged with murder". Even if MJ was given a lethal dose of Demarol, I seriously doubt it was intentional, and the biggest charges he could face would be Medical Negligence and/or Involuntary Manslaughter.

On the other hand, he could be completely innocent. Remember that prescription drugs were confiscated from MJ's house. Who is to say that MJ didn't take something that reacted badly with the Demarol, causing his heart to stop? Fact is, nobody knows yet what the exact cause of death was. I can only assume that his heart was otherwise healthy, or the coroner would have discovered evidence to the contrary in the initial autopsy.

Bear in mind also, SADS (Sudden Adult Death Syndrome) I lost my 37 year old brother to this in 2004. He was fit and healthy, and one night in his sleep, his heart faltered and stopped. His autopsy and toxicology tests revealed nothing abnormal. There are lots of possibilities here, please try and keep an open mind until you have all the facts.

opi

Michael's records quit selling after 93 because many people, including me, however much they loved his music, weren't going to give any money to an adult who is having "sleepovers" with boys, and repeatedly being accused of child molestation.

chevesi

It's extremely sad that an icon died. However, what about Farah Fawcett? Her death has been overpowered by that of Michael Jackson. It would appear that Michael died from "his own hand". I realize that pain can be severe, but for someone who taunted how much he loved children, including his own, how sad that he couldn't be strong for them. Pain killers are a very addictive drug and everyone of us knows that! We go in willingly. "Farah had no choice. How sad that we recognize only his death and not hers. A poor legacy to leave for our children. If you're famous and are rich and selfish enough to take your own life we will build a monument to you. If you are famous and die through no fault of your own, "oh well, that's sad and too bad". Pathetic!!!

FiBiker

THE PARENTS ARE AT FAULT IN THIS SITUATION FOR THE WAY THEY RAISED THEIR SON.....HE NEEDED MORE UNDERSTANDING WHILE GROWING UP....NOT TO WORKED LIKE A HORSE.....JOE JACKSON IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS DEATH!!!!

True Fan

2% MILK

THIS IS OUT OF CONTROL , EVERY 30M SOME THING NEW, UNREAL, OUT OF CONTROL .