TIME Mag Rushes Out Jackson Issue

6/27/2009 2:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Here is your first look at the cover of the Michael Jackson commemorative issue of TIME magazine being rushed to newsstands Monday morning.

michael jackson time magazine

The last time the magazine published a special edition in between weekly issues was in the days following 9/11.

Shelley Henry

And so we have come to the end...The end of the epic saga that was Michael Joseph Jackson. An era has closed and with it come the tears and reminiscences of a generation of millions who adored this star gloved wonder, this prince of peace, the greatest entertainer that walked this earth. So simply, finally my wishes for Michael- Go dance in that great playground in the sky and know that your legacy, your memory will shine like the stars you climbed on the great staircase- Goddbye my hero, Godspeed and see you again soon....Shelley

ItsMilly

I would not have picked this photo but hey, that's why I don't work for Time Warner.

He looks too "brown" here, between when his skin was black then white. Ok I admit it, I don't remember him during this time, must have been having babies and trying to stay alive.

I think Michael looks his best and happiest when he produced-directed-whatever, the You Are the World video. Absolutely amazing! Will always remember him as Thriller. I am so happy I went to Austin TX last year and did the Thriller 6th St dancing with people I've never seen before and never will again, probably. Only Michael could bring people together like that.

Be a first class yourself, rather than a second class somebody else. ~ Judy Garland.

What did Liza Minnelli mean?

CNN, take Brian Oxman off ALL OF YOUR tributes. What a slimeball!!!

RIP Michael. We love you whether we admit it or not.

Michael W

A great tribute to the greatist pop star who ever lived. Such a tragic loss of live and a shock wave felt throughout the world. The music industry will never be the same without him. Michael was 1 year older than I am and I grew up listening to his music and watching his talent blossom. He was a shining star who`s music touched lives throughout the globe.It is difficult for me to comprehend this terrible loss, He will be forever missed.

?!?!?!

this is ridiculous!!!!!!!! not even two days!!!!!!! if you actually cared about him then you would let him live in peace and stop trying to get money from him and his memory and let him be!!!! farrah faucett who was a bigger idol is completely lost because of his death! i could care less about all this hype! i am sick of hearing about him 24/7!

Sherlock

I think this was when he was at his sexiest. Yes there was a time when MJ was sexy. He should have stopped plastic surgery at this point. sigh... so sad.

Karen

Wish he would have stopped with the surgery at this time...he looked pretty good.

bluize

Very nice. Great PIC !! Clearly there was some joy in Michael's life at that time. I would have to put this in my top 10 pics of Michael. Could we get some more info on this pic? Great job TMZ and Time.

Melanie Hoyle

Speaking of publications where the hell did Ian Halperin get his information about Michael Jackson from? He's even had a book published stating that Michael Jackson:

- wss homosexual and had homosexual relations with various men
- dressed in drag in order to sneak out of his house to meet with some of his male lovers
- was in love with a male construction worker
- was unable to sing due to a rare lung condition and may have needed a lung transplant
- was diagnosed with schizophrenia as a child
- was suicidal near the end of his life

Homosexual? WTF?!!!! Nice of him to post this 3 days after Michael Jackson's death where he can't speak up for himself and defend or confirm the story. Not only that it's posted on the Daily (Racist) Mail website too.

Kim

What a perfect picture to choose for a tribute cover. This is the Michael we all fell in love with. Thank You Time Magazine, I will be sure to buy a copy

snyder

OMG! I love this photo! It is one of the best I have seen. Michael seems to have a genuine smile which means he is enjoying what he is doing. This is how I want to remember him.

My2Cents

Great picture! I will definately be buying that magazine. My God this is so sureal. How is it possible that Michael Jackson is gone?? Is it possible to live in a world where Michael Jackson doesn't exist???

HATERS ARE DESPERATE!

MICHAEL JACKSON’S ENORMOUS TALENT WAS A GLIMPSE OF GOD’S INFINITE GREATNESS!

SEE HOW GOD WORKS IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS: THE GREATEST COMEBACK OF ALL – SKYROCKETING SALES OF MICHAEL JACKSON’S MUSIC AND VIDEOS AROUND THE WORLD TO BRING ETERNAL JOY AND HAPPINESS TO THE PLANET! MICHAEL, YOUR MISSION ON EARTH HAS BEEN ACCOMPLISHED SUPERNATURALLY, WAY BEYOND YOUR WILDEST DREAMS! YOU CAN TRULY REST IN PEACE FOREVER NOW!

mrogi

Michael was cheated out of part of his childhood but that did not give him license to touch a little boy's wee-wee. That is not allowed under the laws of the United States. If Michael wanted to do that kind of crap he shoulda moved to Saudi Arabia where it is legal.

DaisyB

Really nice cover. The picture looks like it was taken when from the video shoot of "In The Closet" with Naomi Campbell.

My2Cents

I agree with My2Cents: Is it possible to live in a world where Michael Jackson doesn't exist? This loss is so huge... I'm speechless.