Random Drawing for MJ Memorial Tickets

7/3/2009 1:04 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jackson Memorial Tickets Michael Jackson's memorial service will be held at two separate venues on Tuesday morning -- the main event will be at the Staples Center and a simulcast will play at the Nokia Theatre.

A lottery has been set up for fans to obtain the free tickets -- and they can sign up for the random drawing on the Staples Center website ... good luck logging on.

17,500 tickets are available for the event -- 11,000 for Staples and 6,500 for Nokia -- which will be divvied out 2 per person. If you are one of the 8,750 people selected, you will then be alerted on Sunday with further instructions.

Oh yeah ... only U.S. residents can apply.

Also, the family wouldn't say if Michael's body would be at the memorial.

megan

I very highly doubt his body will be there. Are you kidding? The mob of fans would rip his body apart trying to get a piece of him. Sounds to me like it will be more like a celebration of life memorial, which is fine - I'll just watch at home.

MJFAN4everinLife

They are fools - they want put up large screens and still the crowds will be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just plain stupid... My 12 year could have planned it better.

We will be there anyway....... with my aircard or mp3 player with the radio listening....

manda_uk

us only ......... how is that fair ?!!??!!? what about the fans in the uk? were the ones who lost out of seeing him in london ? and now were not allowed to have a chance of going to the memorial !! NO WAY FAIR !

Advil

IT TOOK A FEW MINS......but i am registered

avm

Question...if I have multiple email addresses can I register multiple times without being disqualified?

lindsay

I don't get what will happen if somebody wins tickets in the lottery but has no intention of going to the memorial service? Will those seats remain vacant or will it go to another fan who didn't get tickets?

wow0709

YES ASHLEE (#9), WE DO NEED TO KNOW ABOUT EVERY MOVE IN THIS CASE!!! IF YOU DONT LIKE IT GO TO ANOTHER FREAKIN SITE...YOU F***ING LOSER...GET A LIFE!!!!!

stephenie

At what time is it going to be!?

ADRIANA

I WATCHED IT ALL AND THEY NEVER SAID IT WAS ONLY FOR US CITIZENS !!!! ANYONE CAN APPLY.

AND THEY DID SAY THERE IS NO FUNERAL OR VIEWING, THIS IS JUST A MEMORIAL. DO NOT CONFUSE THE PEOPLE !

ki

MJ is the best !

It's him for sure

This is just the first of many memorial services to come. Others are planned to come soon for other countries.

66BLUEMARLIN

Wow. This was to easy. I believe the fix is in. They probably already know who will receive thtese tickest.

Noni

MICHAEL JACKSON'S DEATH WILL SAVE THE ECONOMY.

SAD, BUT TRUE. =(

hollywood

manda_uk
what are the chances that someone from another country is going to find out they got a ticket on sunday and be able to afford to fly out AT LAST MINUTE to attend a memorial on tuesday.
if you have that much money (and flexiblity w/ your job, etc) than you are very foruntate.. but that is an anomoly.
i'm sure their concern is people ACTUALLY being able to show up.. so those seats remain seated.
as it wouldn't be fair to let people from all over the world get tickets when they have no way to show up..

Dutchie

So I can't register cos I'm Dutch. That's cool, I'll just watch it on tv or online.

MJ is my childhood hero and the biggest music genius this world has ever known. There will be no one else like him! RIP