Lloyd's of London -- Overdose Clause?

7/3/2009 3:41 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

MIchael JacksonA spokesperson for Lloyd's of London tells us she's never heard of a case where her company has insured someone for a drug overdose.

AEG, the company that was promoting Jackson's London concerts, claimed yesterday the policy it took out from Lloyd's did not cover death from natural causes but did cover overdoses.

Louise Shield -- the head of communications for Lloyd's of London -- tells us such a policy is "odd" and that she's never heard the company insuring for drug overdoses.

What's more -- Shield says the company typically requires a "medical assessment" .... a physical before the policy is written.

As we first reported, Jackson's body had dozens of injection sites in various places. So the question -- how could a policy be issued with clear evidence of a problem?

Shield would not comment on the policy, and found it strange AEG discussed it publicly. She's not saying if overdoses were covered or not.

Jennifer Bouldack

You publish all the trash you put up on these boards and you won't put up my comments about this story that contain NO profanity, NO abuse, NO ugliness toward anyone?

Mary

LOLLLL @ the soil comment. I seen the auction, That is pretty funny. How do we know if that is even the soil though. That's nuts.

Della

I'm beginning to lean with the people more and more that he did fake his own death because of AEG. There is so much more to this story than meets the eye. All these people coming out saying all these things. I mean from one minute to the next there is a new story. There are videos of Michael on youtube which are home movies and outtakes of him talking about going out in public in disguise because that's the only way he can without getting mobbed. I'm talking about a full makeup and body metamorphis! It is intersting to watch. However, in faking his death, that would mean he would never see his children again, so that makes me think it's not true.
I would hope it is. A world without the King of Pop is surreal.
People make such rude and horrible comments like none of them have skeletons in their closets. This man's entire life from childhood though death has been played out in the media (some true and some not). How would any of you withstand the pressures of that.
Anyway, I would hope these vultures who I think are after the Beatles catalog of songs which is reported to be worth millions upon millions of dollars get caught with their hands in the cookie jar. It's sad that to AEG Michael was a commodity and not a person.

marie

somethings not right the whole things odd the more i hear the more i think hes faked his death and i feel if he has their r a lot of people involed init lesser people than him have done it, and if this is the case i think he will c the children how i dont know but i really dont belive hes dead really look at all the info coming out really think about it?? they say hes made records 4 the next amount of years etc etc no the whole things odd i hope hes alive but if this is true its very sad that he felt that he had to do this but mayb its the only way?

Mary

Hi MARIE,
What's this about the O2 now? You mentioned you don't think it was the real one? Maybe I misread it. Sorry. You are right. What people put Michael through is horrendous. Absolutely absurd.

@ NITA. It really is sad isn't it? No one can leave the poor man alone. I think anything can be done, Even in faking death. However, I know nothing about that so I don't know what is supposed to go on. Something about Witness Protection program. I don't know, All I do know is that this is just getting really strange. I have have my suspicions since the news broke.

MJFAN

Keep up the great work, TMZ!

Justice is due for Michael, his friends and family, and his millions of adoring fans!

Mary

@ the Lisa Marie comments. Michael was way too good for her. She could have never been loyal enough. I highly doubt she would have caused him to spiral downward. He was infatuated with Diana Ross too. Elizabeth Taylor.

Della

This story keeps growing larger by the minute. It changes constantly. I mean, one day he's got powerful sedatives in his home, then he's travelling with an anethesiologist, oh, don't forget he had 6 nurses, oh wait, it was 8 right? who cared for the children around the clock and threw away toys every night. Jeez, Louise! Either he was the strangest recluse on the planet, or people are just looking for a payday! And since when did people wait to talk to the media? Nobody ever waits when it comes to Michael. These stories always show up in the tabloids. They have for years. Michael hasn't been in the news very much in the last 4 or 5 years, so why didn't all these allegations come up during his trials? Wouldn't you think? I'm at a loss. No matter what is said or how many stories they throw out there, the only people who know the truth about what happened on June 25th is Michael and whoever was in that room with him.

quest

But wasn't that autopsy report citing the many needle sites on MJ's body a fake?! You reportet that too. So, let's not start creating a conspiracy-theory on it, okay?

marie

nitany +mary here is something for you guys to read http://www.michaeljacksonhoaxdeath.com/ ALSO THEIR WAS SOMETHING ON WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK/TV SHOWBIZ THIS WAS ABOUT THE PERSON AT THE 02 OPENING ITS ABOUT MJ VOICE LOOK ETC PLEASE READ THEM

to little

THE MICHAEL ZONE

EXCLUSIVE

To Our Readers

Many of you have expressed that you are unhappy with our 135+ Articles articles of rumor we have posted on Michael. We understand many of you are asking to be sedated until this is all over. Our legal department has advised us that we obtain Michael Jackson Overdose Insurance for our readers.

We are in negotiation with Loyd's of London and we are hoping to have a liability insurance in place before the June 7th
Memorial. Until then we must ask that you refrain from sedating yourself and only do so under Doctor supervision.

Stay Tuned

Della

Ok, but if we have to wait 11 months for the insurance there is no point....

Andrea Zanibellato

corruption everywhere!!!!!!!!!

to little

I just was going to say if this is true then the FBI would be involved, I find it highly unlikely that Loyds would offer a drug overdose policy to anyone. That is unheard of and if it were true it would be a obvious sign of Insurance fraud and Murder.

This would also be all over other news media if true. Coming from The Michael Zone it is more likely not true like most of there reporting on this. The Michael Zone just knows that stories like this increases hits on their website which means more money from advertisers.

Capitalism at work.