Brooke Shields -- Just Smile

7/7/2009 3:49 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Fighting back tears, Brooke Shields addressed the crowd at Michael Jackson's memorial today, telling everyone MJ's favorite song was Charlie Chaplin's "Smile" -- and that's exactly what everyone needs to do on this day.

Brooke Shields: Click to watch

mia

WHY IS SHE THERE?

Amanda

Her speech was the most sincere speech I have ever heard from anyone about Micheal. Not talking about race, work, entertainment, but Michael in his truest form and a boy and person just liek you and me. RIP Michael

Mom of two

BEST part of the memorial. it was heartfelt. only thing that made me cry!

whatthefrig

Kinda strange that Brooke Shields was invited since MJ himself said "Brooke Shields and I are not that close anymore."

mia

Does anyone else feel that the attendees are there for very self-serving purposes? I'm sickened by this clown-fest.

BabyGirl

Everyone Loved You, Michael. I only wish you had known that before you died!

Kat

Her comments were very human! And his daughter Paris Katherine.....

deez s

very touching best uology of all them made you feel a bit more how he was

www.twittadas.com

The boy who did not want to grow, and wanted to be young forever, an eternal child!
A large humem, which will leave much missed!
And who will live and be the eternal boy in our hearts forever!

sara

@ #1 I agree with you. She truly spoke from her heart and you could see she really loved MJ. As with all friendships they drifted apart over the last few years, which i guess made it more difficult for her since she never got a chance to reconcile with him or say good bye to him.

zombie_hands

Ugh....she told a news reporter that she hasn't seen or talked to Michael Jackson since 1991! And this was asked after he died! I thought her eulogy was silly. All she could talk about was there life together at 13!

shooter12

I still say she's a man in drag

skankstain.com

does she still have her clown vagina?

There is no such thing as reality tv

She did not belong there. She has not seen or talked to Michael in years. At least Jermaine seemed sincere. I feel so bad for MJ's kids through all this hoopla.

michelle

Michael Jackson, to quote a lyric from one of your songs...I want you to know, “You are not alone.” Not anymore. I believe you are now, the angel in heaven you sought so hard to be here on earth. You were so misunderstood, vilified, and beat upon. There was so much mockery and hatred of you, for only one reason. You’re goodness; your luminosity into the beautiful heart you believed could be in every man. You had such generosity, and tried so hard to teach others, to look into the soul; and to not judge based on color, creed or class.
But darkness, doesn’t like beauty to shine. It detracts so much from what it is trying to do. Create dark humanless souls of us all. To replace the radiance that was born within all of us, by God. You spoke of nothing, but love and peace. Your light through your words, and music shone so bright. You’ve brought so much too so many, but only sought pure love for yourself. Your sensitivity brought ridicule. When all you wished most of all was to be embraced and understood. You had such a creative, gentle, kind spirit.
I think what personally stood out to me most of all; was your tender nature. Envy in other people mistook that for weakness, when in reality it is strength. The force of who you were was so strong. Many people wish to have that, but could never achieve it. So they became jealous and spiteful towards your achievements.
We are all afforded different opportunities in life. Instead of being envious, they should have rejoiced with you, in your success and in your life.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments