Jacko's Kids: Let Us Pray

7/15/2009 3:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A week after speaking at her father's memorial, Paris Jackson (left) with older brother Michael Jr. (right) were spotted entering a Jehovah's Witness Kingdom Hall on Tuesday.

media_removed.jpg

missblyden

In response to: think before you speak.

Persons that are not baptized witnesses are not required to dress any particular way as long as it is modest. I have seen women come to the meetings at times in pants and they are welcomed. It can also depend on the normal dress of a culture or area. Also there is room for personal tastes in dress.

1 Timothy 2::8-10 Likewise I desire the women to adorn themselves in well-arranged dress, with modesty and soundness of mind, not with styles of hair braiding and gold or pearls or very expensive garb, 10 but in the way that befits women professing to reverence God, namely, through good works.

The above scriptures stresses dresssing in modesty, included wearing makeup in modesty, etc. Also some of the more restrictive dress standards no longer apply since we no longer live under the law covenant as stated at Deuteronomy 22:5

duh!~

Be Informed:

I mean this sincerely, not to be arguementative but these are quotes from the Watchtower, I can't get the book 'keep yourself in God's love' on here, but these do not say what you are saying to 'thinking person'. I also found a Kingdom Ministry (some kind of literature from Jehovah Witnesses) that says it IS a disfellowshipping offense to associate with someone disassociated...AND there is the quotes from the Watchtower about attending a funeral for a disfellowshipped person and for associating with a relative who is disfellowshipped. Are these incorrect?????/

"What about speaking with a disfellowshipped person? While the Bible does not cover every possible situation, 2 John 10 helps us to get Jehovah's view of matters: "If anyone comes to you and does not bring this teaching, never receive him into your homes or say a greeting to him." Commenting on this, The Watchtower of September 15, 1981, page 25, says: "A simple 'Hello' to someone can be the first step that develops into a conversation and maybe even a friendship. Would we want to take that first step with a disfellowshipped person?" Indeed, it is just as page 31 of the same issue of The Watchtower states: "The fact is that when a Christian gives himself over to sin and has to be disfellowshipped, he forfeits much: his approved standing with God; . . . sweet fellowship with the brothers, including much of the association he had with Christian relatives."… Cooperating with the Scriptural arrangement to disfellowship and shun unrepentant wrongdoers is beneficial. It preserves the cleanness of the congregation and distinguishes us as upholders of the Bible's high moral standards. (1 Pet. 1:14-16) It protects us from corrupting influences. (Gal. 5:7-9) It also affords the wrongdoer an opportunity to benefit fully from the discipline received, which can help him to produce "peaceable fruit, namely, righteousness."-Heb. 12:11. After hearing a talk at a circuit assembly, a brother and his fleshly sister realized that they needed to make adjustments in the way they treated their mother, who lived elsewhere and who had been disfellowshipped for six years. Immediately after the assembly, the man called his mother, and after assuring her of their love, he explained that they could no longer talk to her unless there were important family matters requiring contact." Kingdom Ministry Aug 2002 p.3

"Cutting off from the Christian congregation does not involve immediate death, so family ties continue. Thus, a man who is disfellowshipped or who disassociates himself may still live at home with his Christian wife and faithful children… The situation is different if the disfellowshipped or disassociated one is a relative living outside the immediate family circle and home. It might be possible to have almost no contact at all with the relative. Even if there were some family matters requiring contact, this certainly would be kept to a minimum, in line with the divine principle: "Quit mixing in company with anyone called a brother that is a fornicator or a greedy person [or guilty of another gross sin], . . . not even eating with such a man."-1 Corinthians 5:11. Understandably, this may be difficult because of emotions and family ties, such as grandparents' love for their grandchildren. Yet, this is a test of loyalty to God, as stated by the sister quoted on page 26." Watchtower 1988 Apr 15 p.27

"It is the disfellowshipped person who has made problems for himself and for his relatives." Watchtower 1981 Sep 15 p.27

"Yet, there might be some absolutely necessary family matters requiring communication, such as legalities over a will or property. But the disfellowshiped relative should be made to appreciate that his status has changed, that he is no longer welcome in the home nor is he a preferred companion." Watchtower 1970 Jun 1 pp.351-352

"The wrongdoer has to realize that his status is completely changed, that his faithful Christian relatives thoroughly disapprove of his wicked course and show this disapproval by limiting contacts to only those which are unavoidable…" Watchtower 1963 Jul 15 p.444

"Jesus encouraged his followers to love their enemies, but God's Word also says to "hate what is bad." When a person persists in a way of badness after knowing what is right, when the bad becomes so ingrained that it is an inseparable part of his make-up, then in order to hate what is bad a Christian must hate the person with whom the badness is inseparably linked." Watchtower 1961 Jul 15 p.420

______________________________________________________________________________________________

"In "Questions from Readers" (The Watchtower, 1961, p. 544) the position was taken that a funeral for a disfellowshiped person was improper. The comment was made: "We never want to give the impression to outsiders that a disfellowshiped person was accept

NATALIE

HI MY NAME IS NATALIE AND IM 11 YRS. OLD MY OPINION REGARDS TO MICHEAL'S KIDS IS THAT THEY HAVE THE RIGHT TO DECIDE WHAT RELIGION THEY WANT BE. LETS REMEMBER THAT THEIR DAD MICHEAL JACKSON HIS WISH WAS FOR THEM TO BE JEHOVA WITNESS ,SO LETS MAKE HIS WISH COME TRUE . IN THE FUTURE THOSE KIDS WILL DECIDE WHAT RELIGION THEY WHANT TO BE IN, AS LONGEST THEY HAVE GOD (JEHOVAH) IN THEIR HEART . US AS HUMAN BEINGS WE DONT HAVE THE RIGHT TO JUDGE OTHER PEOPLE ONLY GOD . I KNOW THAT THOSE KIDS WILL SEE THEIR FATHER SOON IN A NEW LIFE . LIKE I WILL TOO . MY CONDOLENCE GO TO THE JACKSON FAMILY.♥♥♥♥♥♥

Michael Jackson's Voice

@12:01PM on Jul 15th 2009 by Unbeleivable

You are wasaaaaaaaaaay WRONG!! We do accept surgeries and we do accept medications.. No we do not accept blood transfusions, but there are alternitives that many hospitals do offer that DO NOT involve blood. If your aunt CHOSE to fool with her life and not respect the fact that Jehovah has put in place medical professionals to help then that is truly her own fault. I have several friends who ARE cancer survivors and YES they are all J.W.'s and NO they didnt accept blood during surgery. And THEY are aliveand well to this day. I my self have has several surgeries and I too am very well and alive ) Thus this comment ) We arent the religion that doesnt accept medical help. I believe Scientologists reject medical advice and medications..Im sorry you lost your aunt , but Michael did infact want his mother to raise his children. As for his leaving the Faith, He chose to so as not to bring a REPROCH upon the Name of Jehovah God. That was his decision. No one forced him out. That isnt done. And I was raised in the Jehovah's Witness Faith from about 3 years old... I always had presents. I never had to wait for a Holiday or a birthday to get presents. We got them all the time. And I did the same for my Children as well. They are ALL very happy and healthy and never felt they missed a thing. As for Michael, He said he missed out on CHILDHOOD. To him this was all a part of childhood. And for many it is. But there is a youtube video showing him singing Heal THe World and them his voice talking about his life. He clearly states HE never turned his back on Jehovah God and that on Sundays he enjoyed studying his Watch Tower Magizne. So those are his words. His feelings and he knew that his children will be safe and happy with Grandma. As for celebrations.. Michael did things like that all year round. He didnt wait for those specific holidays.. he just did them.

duh!~

Be Informed:

Okay so I'm confused...still...it's better LOL So it's okay to talk to a disfellowshipped person as long as you don't agree or try and justify their 'bad' actions OR is to try and justify why you are talking to them???? I took it as the later.

Second if you can talk to a disfellowhshipped person what's all the counsel about 'not even saying Hi to them?' Is that a commandment or just good guidelines? Or up to each individual.

As for the interfaith ceremony. I was under the impression JW's could not and would not attend another Church service. That even being there gives the indication that you are approving of it or it could be taken by some that you have no issue with it. I know there are witnesses here that won't do any work on a Church (labor, yard work, repairs etc) I thought JW's were huge about believing in no interfaith??????

Thanks for answering this stuff. Yes I did try and talk to a JW but they said I was acting as though I am not 'rightly disposed' and that asking these questions is an indication of whether I am being called by him? I don't agree, I just want to know :) Thanks!

duh!~

kanidoro

Please, leave the MJ-kids alone. They must be very sad seeing how adults are critisizing severly their family. Let those kids alone. They and their family are mourning.

By the way, Jehovah's witnesses don't dress like that when they are assiting at meetings. Don't you think those pictures are edit? It could be they were spotted entering a kingdom hall, but at another time, not on that picture. TMZ just put an picture of the kids, and may be an computer freak edit the books in their hands......??????

Stop hating, be kind to each other.

kanidoro

NO MORE COMMENTS!!! IT'S ENOUGH!!! TMZ , CLOSE THIS CASE. Pleaseeeeeeeee....CLOSED!!!!!!

close this case!!!

kanidoro

I SAD : CLOSE THIS CASE, IT'S ENOUGH!!!!

A LITTLE BIT RESPECT FOR MOURNING PERSONS, PLEASE!!!

duh!~

Be informed and any one else...I am not hating I am sincerely asking. I am not trying to say 'oh your stupid for believing this' or it's bad for the kids...I am just trying to understand this disfellowshipping thing, and a few other questions that surprised me. It seems like the only thing that really happens to a disfellowshipped person is their names are taken off the Church rolls, but they can still maintain their relationships as long as they don't talk about God. At least that is how I am taking it. Please don't put me in the bunch if JW haters...I am not...

Be Informed

Dear Confused: It seems you are mixing different scenarios. The bible based advice is not to speak to disfellowshipped persons. It is not up to individual choice. But family members may have to speak for important matters. The elders can speak to them on spiritual mattters.

The warnings given are due to the deceptive power of sin:
Hebrews #: 12-15 Beware, brothers, for fear there should ever develop in any one of YOU a wicked heart lacking faith by drawing away from the living God; 13 but keep on exhorting one another each day, as long as it may be called “Today,” for fear any one of YOU should become hardened by the DECEPTIVE POWER OF SIN. 14 For we actually become partakers of the Christ only if we MAKE FAST OUR HOLD ON THE CONFIDENCE WE HAD AT THE BEGINNING FIRM TO THE END. 15 while it is being said: “Today if YOU people listen to his own voice, do not harden YOUR hearts as on the occasion of causing bitter anger.

True JW's do not attend church services. But for interfaith funerals it is a matter of personal conscience to attend. (Usually for non-JW family members). As long as the person does not participate, i.e. in prayers, eulogies. Each person has to make that decision for themselves, without being judged on their choice to attend or not. The type of service can weigh on the choice since cultures vary with rituals. They should receive counsel from the elders .The important point is to be respectful to all. It is true that JW's don't accept employ at churches.

Your question: And is true you guys consider the Watchtower Religon your Mother? That God is the Father and the JW leaders is the Mother and they parent you guys??

Answer: This term is used today FIGURATELY. It denotes a close SPRITUAL relationship.

Jesus speaking:
(Mark 3:31-35) 31 Now his mother and his brothers came, and, as they were standing on the outside, they sent in to him to call him. 32 As it was, a crowd was sitting around him, so they said to him: “Look! Your mother and your brothers outside are seeking you.” 33 But in reply he said to them: “Who are my mother and my brothers?” 34 And having looked about upon those sitting around him in a circle, he said: “See, my mother and my brothers! 35 WHOEVER DOES THE WILL OF GOD, THIS ONE IS MY BROTHER AND SISTER AND MOTHER. (Recall that Jesus' brothers and sisters did not follow him at first.)
(1 Timothy 5:1-2) 5 Do not severely criticize an older man. To the contrary, entreat him as a father, younger men as brothers, 2 older women as mothers, younger women as sisters with all chasteness.

Yes, Jehovah is our heavenly Father:
(Matthew 5:43-48) 43 “YOU heard that it was said, ‘You must love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 However, I say to YOU: Continue to love YOUR enemies and to pray for those persecuting YOU; 45 that YOU may prove yourselves sons of YOUR FATHER WHO IS IN THE HEAVENS.....48 YOU must accordingly be perfect, as YOUR HEAVENLY FATHER Father is perfect.

NOTE: This is not the forum to answer all your questions. May I suggest you create another email account for me to contact you and post it here? Take Care.

Acts 12:48 When those of the nations heard this, they began to rejoice and to glorify the word of Jehovah, and all those who were RIGHTLY DISPOSED for everlasting life BECAME BELIEVERS.

(Revelation 21:5-7) 5 And the One seated on the throne said: “Look! I am making all things new.” Also, he says: “Write, because these words are faithful and true.”.....To ANYONE thirsting I will give from the fountain of the water of life FREE. 7 Anyone conquering will inherit these things, and I shall be his God and he will be my son.

Be Informed

Dear Confused:

On your question:
1165. WAIT...I am not trying to be picky here but wouldn't Rebbie be disfellowshipped for talking about spiritual things with Michael like the resurrection because isn't that what you were saying before?????? I'm not trying to be picky here but it really does seem to contradict...or I am missing something and I'm sorry if I am.

Answer: No, she probably would not. This family kept certain matters private, rightfully. No one knows the time line of her speaking to Michael or his status. The guidelines you may be referring to: An elder/brother that decided to speak at graveside or memorial not to make positive statements about the resurrection of a disfellowshipped one. (Since it is up to Jehovah and Christ who will judge us all.) It has been said that Rebbie's husband may be an elder. If so, he probably counseled her. And would have been qualified to speak to Michael on spiritual matters. Can't say he did, though.

Debra

I am simply Debra. I am So ashamed of this terrible ordeal. I was raised until the age of 14...Jehovah Witness. I think these kids should be guided in a more spiritual nature. That is what it takes spirituality! Treat others as you would have done to you! My mom is one of the anointed (one of the 144,000) (ya right) My dad is an elder. I emancipated myself at of 14. I could tell it was not (The truth). I have been thru hell and back just trying to realize that I was shunned. I was shunned simply because I said I did not want to walk door to door preaching. Somehow in my mind, I feel like going back. It draws you back in, as a child you feel not worthy. It is a guilt and shame issue. You just want acceptance. I am a Dental Professional, model, an incredibly blessed poet and still don't feel worthy. It has been a struggle forever.
best and More,
Debra

Be Informed

To Michael Jackson's Voice on your comment 1163:
You said:

Q: Could you post the YouTube link, there are so many Heal the World Videos on YouTube. Or anyone that knows which one.Thxs.

nctar22

I think everyone is greatly confused. Michael Jackson did not "miss out" on his childhood due to being a JW, he missed out on his childhood because he became a huge superstar at a very early age and had a psychotic father! The JW faith is not an oppressive one, just because we do not celebrate holidays does not mean we are depressed and are loners. We are a very happy people, we do not need holidays and birthdays to start being thankful and remembering family and friends and getting them gifts, we do have parties and get togethers and different celebrations of all kinds all year long. BUT we do it because we want to from our hearts not because we have to because that's the thing to do during holidays and birthdays. Everyone gets others gifts because they HAVE TO... it's what society does. We do it because we WANT to... from our hearts. Let their g-mother take the kids to the Kingdom Hall... they will be treated like normal kids and will be loved by all the members and they WILL find comfort after their father's death. If later on they don't want to be a part of the organization they don't have to... no one is going to make them... no one made Michael and his siblings....

Previous 15 Comments | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments