Kelly Clarkson -- I Didn't Steal From Beyonce!

7/27/2009 2:59 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Kelly Clarkson is so worried that people are going to think she ripped off Beyonce's beats for her new single that Kelly's throwing her song's co-writer under the bus instead.

Clarkson is reportedly furious at her record label for releasing her new single "Already Gone" -- after the singer realized it has the exact same backing track as Beyonce's "Halo."

But according to CBCNews.ca, who actually spoke with Clarkson, the former "Idol" champ is blaming the whole thing on music producer Ryan Tedder -- who allegedly gave the same beat to Beyonce without informing Kelly. FYI -- Tedder is also the front man for the band OneRepublic.

Clarkson told the CBC, "No one's gonna be sittin' at home, thinking 'Man, Ryan Tedder gave Beyonce and Kelly the same track to write to ... no, they're just gonna be saying I ripped someone off."

Beyonce - "Halo"

Kelly Clarkson - "Already Gone"

Paparazzo@frog.cc

Stealer!

pat

Who cares?

I won't be listening to either one of them.

They both suck.

Your name

Whatever happened to originality?Tisk Tisk

TheMizzz

Um, whoop-di-do??

M

there is only 7 notes remember -

I Will Take Being Born White Any Day - Thats Worth Much More To Me, #6

Well, I'd do Beyonce and I wouldn't touch that hog Clarkson, so I'm gonna conclude that Clarkson ripped off Beyonce. There.

xcalibur

WHO CARESSS!! HAS BEENS STEALING FROM HAS BEENS. Z-LISTERS. BYE GURLS FLY GURLS. THE TRUTH.

Buster

They are different songs. Only that musical intro is the same. Who cares. It is not like MC Hammer did not user "Superfreak" or Vanilla Ice using "Under Presser" from Queen and David Bowie. This is a much less extreme incident though. The lyrics to their songs are completely different.

elbell

Kelly is way better than B any day... AND I like Kelly's song much better. Does anyone know who wrote the Beyonce song?

annie :)

that sux but Beyoncé's is better.

Truth

Kelly's song was written and pressed before beyonce's was even released!!

Er

Listen to Endless Love by Leona Lewis after listening to those two. Sound familiar? Plus Ryan Tedder produced that one as well.

HumanNature

TODAY'S MUSIC IS JUST GARBAGE AND DEAD!!!!!

MADRADDER

I don't think it's a big deal. Two songs, two different styles of music. They both put their own spin on the beat, and they sound different enough to know they are not the same. I seriously doubt Kelly Clarkson would have copied Beyonce, being that Kelly is a much more accomplished musician than Beyonce. Not only that, Kelly can really sing. Beyonce's voice is more of a moan. Anyway, Kelly's song wins, and I think it's ok they have the same beat.

audrey976

It's not like either one of them can play a musical instrument! They are just performers! There is no art here!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments