Michael Jackson -- Burial Announced

8/18/2009 11:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jackson The spokesman for the Jackson family says Michael Jackson will be laid to rest at Holly Terrace in the Great Mausoleum at Glendale Forest Lawn Memorial Park on Saturday, August 29 at 10 AM. That would have been Michael's 51st birthday.

The ceremony will be limited to family and close friends.

Story developing...

crush64

what time will that be in the UK?

Cali MJ Fan

BTW... according to NYT, the public statement was released by Sunshine's firm... so credible information.

What about the "block party" Spike Lee is throwing in Brooklyn? Is he doing that with Rev. Sharpton?

Duh

NL Reporter

Oh please those people here with their remarks about humping eyesockets, pissing grave, throw him in a hole, and so on... I know it's hard for you with your 2 braincells to understand it all, but it is really very easy so I will explain to you: If you are tired of reading about the MJ news, don't read it. Well, there you go, simple isn't it? Now send this message to one of your braincells, absorb in to your second braincell and get a freaking life trolls!

Catholic Girl

The author of the much quoted poem here lately in honor of Michael is not unknown…please note:

Do not stand at my grave and weep is a poem, written by Mary Elizabeth Frye. Although of disputed origin until later in her life, Mary Frye's authorship was confirmed in 1998 after research by Abigail Van Buren, a newspaper columnist.

An early version, printed by others on postcards:
Do not stand at my grave and weep;
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there. I did not die.
________________________________________
Her later confirmed version:
Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am in a thousand winds that blow,
I am the softly falling snow.
I am the gentle showers of rain,
I am the fields of ripening grain.
I am in the morning hush,
I am in the graceful rush
Of beautiful birds in circling flight,
I am the starshine of the night.
I am in the flowers that bloom,
I am in a quiet room.
I am in the birds that sing,
I am in each lovely thing.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there. I do not die.

crazy

why does Jehovas do not celebrate birthdays? I celebrate birthday, Christians do. why a Jehova and not a Christian?

crazy

writer...is so beautifulll...oau. i would say is for me but i don't know...

Camilla

GREAT!!!!! WHO DECIDED THAT DAY?????????
TERRIBLE NOTICE.... I'M SURE MICHAEL WOULDN'T WANT THIS FOR HIS B-DAY.

justice is mine says the lord

At first I thought this was awful. But, when I found out that it is protected, and monitored 24 hours, I was relieved. It seems that katherine took Michaels wish for privacy to heart. She knew he wouldnt want us gawking at his grave. This way we can remember him the way we should remember him. Alive, Wonderful, handsome, singing, dancing and enjoying the gift he had been given by GOD. I for once, am impressed by the elder matriarch of the family. Now, if we could just get her to kick out that old fart child beater, JOE. He is the meanest, nastiest old man. When he was in charge of MJ all he wanted was the Money...............

LillyandGish

I'm trying to be supportive of the Jackson family, but every decision they've made in relation to Michael sucks.

I hate this idea. You don't bury someone on their birthday.

Dawkins

I hope Debbie Rowe steps in to make sure the children still get to celebrate their birthdays as they have been accustomed to doing with their dad. I'm appalled that the kids are having a religion thrust at them that their father clearly broke away from a long time ago. Katherine is going against Michael's wishes in that respect and putting her own desires first.
Oh and what does it tell you about the Jackson brothers when it's been reported that as many as five other grandkids live with Katherine? Several of them even said so themselves in interviews when being asked how Michael's children are doing. Why aren't they living with their own parents?
Lastly, when Katherine went to court to seek money for her monthly expenses, which Michael always paid for, how much of what was granted will go to pay for these other grandkids under her care? And how can a home that has been lived in for twenty or more years, still have a mortgage of 2.2 million? It's time some of the other brothers got off their deadbeat asses and step up to the plate that Michael left behind.

O

About burying someone on his birthday - Katherine is a JW. Birthdays don't exist in her cult.

And the Jacksons in general probably think it's a great idea with some symbolic value. Just which symbolic value they are not too sure about yet. It will certainly transpire on that Saturday. Any symbolic value will do, I suppose. I am sure Jermaine is up all night trying to figure out the symbolic value.

And Randy - I will be there. Yes, Randy, you will be there. Of course you will. You sure have marked that date in your calender by now. And you can't let an opportunity for wholesome creepiness let go, eh?

And the brothers will unite - first as pallbearers and then at their concerts in memory of their brother - or such or something like that or what was it now. Sure they will figure that out at some stage as well. Or Joe will be figuring it out for them.

These are the Jacksons, people. Let them do what they like. It doesn't matter to Michael any more, thankfully.

Lori

117. your a dumbass #43 aka rip cat-I have relatives buried at that cemetery in that mausaleum so I go there frequently. That Forrest Lawn is notoriously known for turning away people who ask about celebs. Has nothing to do with me visiting celeb graves-I could care less.

Posted at 12:36PM on Aug 18th 2009 by soCal
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chill soCal...just as you were making a joke about the security guard, I was joking with my comment. I thought what you said was funny :o)

Lori

crazy

can i touch you, please. all over, all over..

Brad

Has anyone found out who that guy at MJ's memorial is? He was sitting behind the family. He looked oddly out of place. He was wearing a disguise. He was wearing a fedora hat, had a fake beard and mustache,shades, cane, and was wearing one glove.