Jay-Z's Bodyguard -- Charges Dropped

8/20/2009 5:48 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Just like the tripod he tossed into the sea, the charges against Jay-Z's bodyguard have been officially thrown out.

Croatian law enforcement tell TMZ there will be no jail time for J's hired muscle, who had assault and destroying personal property charges filed against him after a tussle with a local reporter earlier this week.

The bodyguard will have to pay a fine -- and we're told the police will not pursue further legal action.

infants

The body guard should not pay jack! The cameraman should have left them alone as soon as they asked him to.
Infant

me

Hey Ty, I use Black Stone Security, and apparently unlike U, they would never say a thing about what I have been up to. What kind of security are you? I would never Trust you, and Trust is kinda important in the security business. Shame on you.

Tye Smith

TO: TMZ/AND ALL THAT APPLIES,

It was brought to my attnetion of a prior entry made by a former unprofessional intern that was infact impersonating mYself (TLS.) First off to any and all i would like to send my apologies to my former client Jay-Z and his security staff. Let me set the record straight i have known Jay-Z for years, I have been protecting politicians,celebrities,and US diplomats for years. And along those years I have never ever crossed the line of personal matters between my staff,my client and myself. And if you look at the entry that my ex- intern left, you will find that he knows nothing about my relationship with ex client Jay-Z. Basically it was nothing of importance said.I would never leave a crazy and degrading message like that about anyone,my ex-intern was wrong in the choices he have made and most importantly in including my company in it. I have dealt with the situation accordingly. And I will contact TMZ and ask that they will please clear (delete) the August 20th message.
Yours Truly,
(THE REAL)T.L.SMITH,CHAIRMAN & CEO of F.S.C.INC.

Jaz

what about the cameraman who threw his tripod at his back? that CAN'T be legal..

balls

balls

PM

"Fine" or "Bribe"?

whatthefrig

Why is this breaking news? Who cares about anything that happens with that hood Zay-Z.

nightcrawler

Tye Smith

Hey TMZ,

I know Jay-Z very well,i use to be his head of security (South Florida Office) between 2000 and 2002.Back when he had an actual threat on his life,and he took it very seriously. He basically flew down to south Florida around that time and never came back (for a while at least). Trust me i got alot of juicy stuff to tell you. Just hit me up. My company is Federal Security Consulting, Inc. You can e-mail me at tlsmith@federalsecurityconsultinginc.com or call me direct at my corporate office at 856-246-7700. Basically Jay-Z wasnt an easy guy to protect, and he does not like professional bodyguards, he would rather have a hot headed one for some reason. When i first met him at MIA Airport,my team looked very professional. I mean we are ex government agents. Basically his hello was none other than. And all out laughing contest by him and his stuck up entourage. Hit me up sometime, I've got more that will stun you about Mr. So Porfessional Jay-Z. I've protected alot of celebs and even politicians, and international dignitaries, but Jay-Z was the worst.
Sincerely The Truth,
Tye Smith, CHAIRMAN-CEO of FEDERAL SECURITY CONSULTING,INC.
CHERRY HILL, NEW JERSEY