Barker to DJ AM -- 'Miss U Homie'

9/8/2009 5:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

After watching the following DJ AM tribute video, Travis Barker went to his Twitter page today and wrote this message about his late friend: "This vid makes me smile from ear 2 ear and tear at the same time, miss u homie."

The video, according to the YouTube posting, was shown during the DJ AM memorial at the Palladium last week.

SAM

Comment #34. Your a douche.

nooooo

DJ AM was a great person, ive been dancing at clubs where he spun records at for a long time, he is gonna be missed

dan

Maybe because you didn't know the guy, it might seem like "no loss," but Adam Goldstein changed MANY people's lives. After going through AA himself, he guided several people (about 6 of which spoke at the memorial) through the AA program only because he wanted to make a difference in people's lives. He constantly put friends before himself. He was very humble, despite his success; and the success he earned was deserved. The guy practiced his craft ad nauseam from the moment he started spinning. These are things people don't know because these are things the magazines and blogs don't mention. All that is mentioned is that a celebrity DJ died from an overdose. Perhaps those flawless individuals who feel that his death was deserved should take into consideration that there was more to him than what the media has mentioned.

Cheryl

For everyone that keeps posting how DJ AM was suing the families of the pilots... have you ever found out if he was?? According to his website:

Please Read
December 30, 2008

Hello All -

Normally I don't feel like I NEED to make a statement like this, but after I read some recently reported untruths I feel like I have to. I want to take a second to address the hurtful posts and clear up any misunderstandings any of you may have about my law suit. I would NEVER sue the deceased pilots' estates or personal holdings. I am more than grateful that I survived this horrible accident and I'd never try to take anything from those that didn't. Despite the misinterpretations of the lawsuit, this suit is against the insurance companies that insured the pilots. I'm not after Sarah's or James' personal estates nor their property. Everyone involved in this suit has suffered a great deal, and I would not do anything to make matters worse for the deceased family and friends. Daily I live with the guilt and grief of what happened that night, what I saw, who was lost and why I was spared. I have no words to express the pain that comes with knowing four people died, while I lived.

Adam "DJ AM" Goldstein

I didnt know DJ AM personally, but I think its disrespectful to his family and his memory to keep saying he was a drug addict and deserved to die. He openly admitted his addiction and spoke how he was free of drugs for 11 years and helped others... he also knew he could relapse at any time. Who knows if the trauma of the plane crash.. the death of those people.. and his anxiety about flying caused the relapse?? DJ AM might not have been super famous.. mostly because he wasnt a fame-whore... but I have never seen anything negative written about him personally....

Zippy T. Pinhead

BREAKING NEWS-----It has just been reported that DJ AM is still a cRAcKhEAd. More later...................

Katie

OH,PLEASE-----------------Do drugs ------------------------------AND THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bren

I didn't know much about him, but this gives a little more insight to how much of a nice guy he was. So sad. RIP AM

Look at all the WJ spermette cheerleaders on TMZ. WJ rahrahrah!

Nothing new here. Another Wacko Jacko junkie.

moveover

TMZ ... you can't find ANYONE ELSE in this world who is more deserving of a memorial film than a junkie? Are you serious? Think about it.

danielleinqueens

Thanks so much for posting this tribute. He was the DJ behind so many nights that I had a great time. It sucks that he is no longer here. RIP

valerysmalery

Wow,....great vid, wonderfully put together. He seemed like such a cool guy with a huge heart. Wish i could have known him. very sad loss =(

TORI

To blame Travis for missing a dear friend and remembering him with love is ridiculous! Obviously Adam was in the privacy of his own home where he overdosed, to blame Travis for not being there to save him is like blaming his mother for not being there to save him or anyone else for that matter. Anyone hating on hear should be ashamed of themselves and thankful it wasn't someone they loved that died. The whole situation is a waste of life and very sad. I hope he turned to God in his last breath before he died.

fleiter

Did this guy have any discernible talent or skill? Why was he famous?

JRock4

This is a great tribute video. It is sad to know that he was clean for so long and he had a relapse that ended up killing him. I think he was a great person and will be missed by all! RIP

Val

Awwww....looks like he had many friends who loved him dearly. RIP dude. Thanks for the beats.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments