Janet Jackson -- Making Michael Proud

9/13/2009 10:34 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

After a personal introduction from Madonna herself, a fully-clothed Janet Jackson took the stage at the MTV Video Music Awards to honor her late brother Michael.

Janet Jackson

In a routine reminiscent of Natalie Cole, Janet performed her part of the song "Scream" while a music video of Michael doing his part played in the background.

Anna

BEAUTIFUL TRIBUTE......NOBODY CAN DO IT LIKE JANET HERSELF.........I KNOW MIKE IS PROUD OF YOU!!!!

danger baby

just listened to madonna's vma speech about michael (already on youtube). loved it. she gets a little respect from me now.

Insanithy X 1.0

Me neither, but it would give those who would like to, a place to do it. :)

Posted at 11:00PM on Sep 13th 2009 by MiMi

_____________________________________________________________________

Insanity Says 2 MiMi:

They are more than welcome...Basically!

xXHEYXx

I wasn't particularly impressed by the tribute with exception to Janet's "Scream" routine. I mean it was just a bunch of dancers mimicing MJ's moves....like we haven't seen that before. Nevertheless, props to Janet for organizing it all.

a fan

I did not see any of the dancers. My eyes were glued to the large screen with MJ's videos on it. That is all they really needed. No one else compares.

Cristina

MAGNIFICENT! bravo

MiMi

80s Girl

I think Janet did a great job. Madonna's speech was so thought provoking. I was definitely crying.

for; while my guitar gently weeps

30. Madonna's speech was good. Except when she said that she thought Michael got the short end of the stick when her mother died and he was performing. She made it sound like he would have been better off if Katherine had died.

She said she wasn't a close friend so for her to act like she knew that much about him was arrogant. Michael alway said he would not change anything about his life even though he had some rough spot.

Posted at 10:14PM on Sep 13th 2009 by JuanCarlos

Madonna had O2 arena before Michael's first show, since Michael moved his show dates' he became unable to use the 02 for rehearsal's pre-show. {day' or day's after Madonna's concert' Michael's concert started} Michael would try to out-do all even himself, but Prince and Madonna had time-onstage-records Michael competed against, their was a competitive rivalry, and Michael {to my recollection} always out-preformed all once he discovered a breakable-record. I'll not comment about their Mothers.

MissIQ

JANET ROCKED!!!!! That is the first time she has performed scream and she seemed to have tears in her eyes at the end. She did a tribute to Michael that was about him and his music and not about her. Hopefully the rest of the family will take notice.

Insanithy X 1.0

96. Well well, someone must of heard me.

Posted at 11:05PM on Sep 13th 2009 by MiMi

____________________________________________________________________

Insanity Says:

Pray-Tell Perhaps TMZ Did...

mjjfan50

Great performance by Janet, now that is the way a tribute is supposed to be done. Great job by the dancers, I do wish it was longer though.

Best part of the tribute, the intro by Madonna about Michael, loved it!!!

worst part of the tribute, seeing slimy joe and germaine. yuck

Liz

"Scream" has always been one of my favorite MJ songs and Janet ROCKED the VMA's with her performance!!

Nix

Now we're talking, rockin'!! Janet you can take over, you are just as talented as your brother Michael and a great tribute to him. The best part as well as that you did not feel you needed to have your breasts popping out. You have the talent and don't need to have that skin exposure that takes away from you. So, you go girl!!

Kaz

Gypsy, Insanity, Mimi

This is hi and bye
Had a complete nightmare posting today.

Left a couple of posts on the other board
if you get chance to look.

Enjoy the rest of your evening.