DJ AM -- Cause of Death Accidental

9/29/2009 11:31 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

dj am cause of deathTMZ has learned the New York City Medical Examiner has determined the cause of death for Adam Goldstein -- DJ AM.

The M.E. says the cause of death is "acute intoxication" due to the combined effects of cocaine, oxycodone, hydrocodone (Vicodin), Ativan, Klonopin, Xanax, Benadryl and Levamisole (a drug used to cut cocaine with).

The manner of death is listed as "accident (substance abuse)."

Remembering DJ AM

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Zac Loring

I can't stand to see anymore people killing themselves with pills. WTF where did everyones f-ing brains go? Shriveled up from the effects of these drugs. If they only hung in there they'd see light at the end of the tunnel. Hope he's in a better place. I believe suicide engines go somewhere to get it right and led down the right path. I didn't know or follow AM's career much but everyone deserves a good word and should have had someone there to catch him. R.I.P.

Nick "The Slasher" McGuirk

FRISTTT!!!!1

J C

Should be listed as "inevitable"

Stacey

What a waste :(

thats right

so very sad.

ridiculousjobposts.com

How do you accidentally kill yourself smoking crack, taking oxy and all those other drugs. I guess the medical examiner is trying to be nice to the family for the insurance money, I am sure MetLife or whoever is totally gonna challenge this nonsense.

arte help

What a jackass, had a second chance at life and blew it!!!

pfed

Okay. Whatever "accidental" we all know he killed himself. How do you "accidentally" have 9 different drugs in your system. I hear if you are Jewish you can pay off any medical examiner to say whatever you want on the autopsy paperwork. Clearly the case here. DJ AM was nothing but a junkie. Nice try to save his "legacy". Can't wait to see his hypocritical anti-drug MTV series. What a joke.

meme

Some accident. What a moron.

so tired of them

I would challenge it if I owed them 5 bucks!! WTF??? Accident my AZZ!!! I guess if he would have hung him self while doing X that would have been an accident too??

Suzanne

I hope this will open the eyes of others who think these pills and combinations are harmless. It sounds more like unintentional suicide to me. You have to know when you combine drugs it can kill you! Why aren't they going after his doctors and pharmacies like everyone else's? I don't agree with doing that but it seems to be the norm lately. Another addict gone.....come on people, get a grip on these addictions already! It's sad to see such young talented people killing themselves off....or anyone for that matter!

ME

I WOULDN'T CALL HAVING ALL THOSE DRUGS IN YOUR BODY AN "ACCIDENT". SEEMS TO BE LIKE IT WAS SUICIDE. ANOTHER DEAD DRUG ADDICT. THEY'RE WEEDING THEMSELVES OUT.

xcrunk

Whoops!

The Source

How do you use that many drugs and they still consider your death an "accident"? Maybe "accidentally on purpose" is more accurate.

I am

I second #5. How in the hell do you accidentally overdose when you intentionally ingest all of those substances in a marathon session? Let Joe Blow follow suit and see if a similiar determination is made. Another case of celebrities reaping special benefits...even in death.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments