Mickey Rourke Uses Football to Defend Gay Slur

10/9/2009 12:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Mickey Rourke tried using a football situation to defend his constant use of the incredibly offensive, homophobic f-word -- but this rant definitely isn't doing him any favors.

WARNING: This video contains extremely explicit language.

Mickey randomly went on an expletive filled diatribe the other night in NYC, saying his much criticized use of the word last November had "nothing to do with gay" and explained, "punkass ... f**got .... it's the same thing, understand?"

Somehow we don't think GLAAD will.

danielmorac

for me this guy is very funny

kevin

I love how various readers can tell if a person has a phobia just because of one word they say.

Classic.

Mark

Methinks he doth protest too much.

charisse

i think it is at 17 seconds when he realizes he's gonna get fncked for saying exactly what he is thinking. i get a kick out of the black dude in the back who knows the inappropriate nature of words and derogatory slurs but can't say a thing. oh mickey rourke, you [insert expletive here].

ChicagoKid

Micky Rourke has had so many surgeries that he looks like Jocelyn--the Lioness.

The both look like that hippie chick Muppet named Janice on "The Muppet Show."

p.s. Micky put down the crack pipe.

nightcrawler

Hurray for Freedom of Speech!

A. Minnitman

"Homophobic" The politically correct folk have concocted a faux disease for us. Prior to the 1970's homosexuality was considered a disease by ALL of the leading psychiatric professionals and medical schools! Yes homosexuality was the disease and classified as a MENTAL ILLNESS! Now apparently if you have any kind of personal feeling that does not encompass, support and nurture the WHOLE gay lifesyle with it's myriad of permutations, well I hate to say it,... You are now the "diseased"!! That was a pretty slick trick and they did all right in front of our eyes!

The mainstream has tried to teach me that there is no such thing as heterophobes, black racists or anti-gentiles, ad infinitum.

Thanks liberal 'politically correct" mainstream media, thanks for ALL YOU'VE done.

I return the favor by avoiding you, your sponsors and pet cause of the moment. I avoid you whenever possible and will only access you when I need to USE YOU to get my point out and across.

A. Minnitman

M I C K E Y
M I C K E Y
M I C K E Y
M I C K E Y
M I C K E Y
M I C K E Y

HE'S THE BEST. HANG IN THERE PAL.

kerrybabyxx

What a foul mouthed,ignorant low brow.The man has no class.

EEKeller

Homophobes are closet homosexuals and usually male (not always). A person who is comfortable with his or her own sexuality NEVER has a problem with someone else's sexuality. It's only when people are afraid of their own feelings that they start acting out their homophobia. BTW, this is only the opinion of a 66 year old lesbian, gay for all my life. But, of course, I probably don't know what I'm talking about.

Keith A. Grimes

Is he a Republican?

Ajay

It's ok for people to make fun of Christians but NEVER;

GAYS
BLACKS
JEWS
***************************************************************
Why don't you try articulating an actual legitimate argument/ valid point before you speak, hmm moron?
Oh my god, we christians get made fun of sooo much....what does this have to do with anything?
Since Christians are supposedly under constant attack, are you suggesting that they should be politically incorrect? Should everyone else suffer from this being "made fun of"? You're attempting to connect two things that, essentially, have no relationship.
Logic fallacy..........

Besides, tons of people still say blacks, jews, gays.
So once again, you have not floored me with your observations.

Lindsay

Homeboy needs a dictionary. Mickey has no idea what that word really means. He's not homophobic, just has a limited vocabulary.

krisidee

Ok people, we all know Mickey is a little rough around the edges. He can be pretty vulgar at times and he speaks his mind, even if it's not "politically correct". Instead of making stupid-ass comments calling him "painfully ignorant", take a step back and think about this; the world he was forced to grow up in was brutal. The ONLY way to survive was to look tough, sound tough, fight tough, and BE TOUGH! He had no choice. When you learn to be like that from such a young age, it sticks with you. I totally get what he meant when he said using 'fa--ot' was not meant to be a slam on gays. The way he was using it wasn't directed at the gay community, IT WAS JUST A FIGURE OF SPEECH!!!
Here is the perfect example; we have all, at one time or another, called someone a "son of a b--ch". Though we said it, we weren't calling that persons mother a b--ch. We used the term as a figure of speech.
Get off his ass! He is a much better person now than he was 15 years ago, and he is still one of the best actors in Hollywood!

Bruce

The thing about homophobic men such as Mickey is that most of them are overcompensating, hiding their own homosexual desires. Poor Mickey, it's so damn obvious...just find a nice man...if one will have you!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments