Balloon Boy Investigation

10/16/2009 12:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned the Larimer County Sheriff's Department will conduct an investigation into the getaway balloon caper. We're told they have not decided if it's a criminal investigation -- presumably filing a false report.

After a meeting today, Sheriff's officials tell us they will conduct interviews with the family beginning tomorrow, including the boy.

A Sheriff's official told us they will not interview the family today because "their physical and emotional state as of this morning is not well."

Thing is ... they've been doing TV nonstop. We're just sayin' ...

Story developing ...

rando

FIRST......i think.

duh!

Fake!!!! Send them the bill.

IroHL

Great, give them a chance to get their story straight...

I Am Canadian

Let's not turn this crazy family into another Jon and Kate.
Please, please, please!!!

LOL

Another person who needs to get a life...

First KOOKY, then Simone, now rando..

Simone

o rly is so sad it's pitiful.

kadengirl

wish i could take the day off.

jim goosh

I actually now believe them after j=hearing the 911 call. I thought they were bs'ing after the boys flub but they seemed crazed and distraught during those calls, But then again so did Lyle and Eric Menendez after they shot their parents and then called 911. Now I'm SO CONFUSED

Kristine

I hope that everyone realizes that this entire event was staged by the family. The boy went into the attic to hid after the father yelled at him; they knew he was home (that's where he was yelled at!). The family is seeking attention so that they can cash in on radio and television appearances. Hope the county investigates and holds them financially responsible for their antics!

laura bell lou

Leave the family alone!!! I enjoyed watching them on tv.

Janet

I think I know what happened here. The whole family was doing an experiment and when the dad started screaming Falcon took off to hide. Obviously he's afraid of the father.

ChrisM

I'm far more concerned with the welfare of these kids than for the money spent on a hoax. It's clear from what we've seen on air, how these "parents" keep putting this child in front of a camera (and I suspect drugged btw) even AFTER he pukes. This child is clearly distressed. Children frequently get nauseous when under stress. Let the sheriff investigate the hoax, but PLEASE CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES, get involved NOW (and test that kid for drugs btw)! Poor baby!

PS The Today Show should also be looked at for child abuse when they allowed this baby back on the air after he was clearly ill in a previous interview on GMA!

that.is.all

WTF?

Simone

Go screw your cow of a mother, o rly.

LosCabos

I see another family reality show in the works. *rolling eyes*

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments