Rev. Jesse to MSNBC: It's Jackson If You're Nasty

10/21/2009 6:03 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

During an important discussion on income inequality, an anchor for MSNBC got her Reverends mixed up -- introducing Rev. Jesse Jackson as Rev. Al Sharpton.

Contessa Brewer ended up blaming the identity crisis on the teleprompter -- but by the look on Rev. Jackson's face ... the damage was done.

Hypocrites

Posted at 12:02AM on Oct 22nd 2009 by WillOTheWisp

YOU ARE A RACIST BIT*H

WillOTheWisp

Posted at 12:02AM on Oct 22nd 2009 by WillOTheWisp

YOU ARE A RACIST BIT*H

Posted at 12:41AM on Oct 22nd 2009 by I SAID IT

WE'RE ALL LAUGHING AT YOU! WE'RE ALL LAUGHING AT YOU!

HELLO! YOU JUST LOVE ME DON'T YOU? YOU JUST FOLLOW ME WHEREVER I GO! I LOVE YOU, BABE!

Loulou

Anybody with half a brain doesn't watch that joke of a news channel anyway.There are only buffons working there.

ecco6t9

How about if everyone just called them both Jesse Sharpton, it would make things so much easier.

Grouch

There's a difference?

I always thought it was one guy with two glue on moustaches and no self-respect.

Samantha

You can sure tell the ethnicity of the posters on this, can't you?!? I thought it was a funny almost-Freudian slip!!! Now what color does that make me? Come on... take a guess!!

longshowerz

I always had a feeling she was an idiot, now I know!

Abby

You've never looked at someone and called them the wrong name - maybe thinking about something else on your mind? You want someone fired for an honest mistake. Boy, maybe you're saying that just because she's white. It's now a racial issue? This is crazy. There are a lot of people like me who never saw color now becoming more racist. We're tired, tired, tired of caving in to you guys. Quit your crying go get a job, pull your pants up, get your children educated and teach them to respect themselves and others. The job is crucial. Teach them they can come to expect the handouts around every corner. I'm tired of working to pay for you guys to have more baby mammas running around.

Beauty

Contessa needs to look at the screen as she is annnouncing the person. She looks and sounds really stupid in this clip. I think she likes to look like a dummy!

SP

You know Jesse has spent a lifetime building up his fame on racism & to have him mistaken for the other racist, I mean Rev, must have killed him, that is why he hated Bush so much he never got to go in the Whtiehouse while Bush was President, now he gets way more TV time due to Obama.

T

Either way they are BOTH racist.

AQ

Um, what is the significance of either Rev. re. home loss? Someone should tell Sharpton and Jackson they don't really matter anymore. Not to downplay what they did for the Civil Rights movement but it's a different time now. They need to both let go of their anger and hatred and pride and join the 21st century. Same goes for Dobbs, Beck and Limbaugh... not that either of those 3 ever did anything good.

Alli

I think it is very obvious who is black and who is white in this post. She may have been thinking about Sharpton (who isnt even a real reverend) at the time, and his name is more commonly used. It is not a racial issue, the black people on this post need to get over themselves.

LensmanCT

If only she had said "You people all look the same to me" instead of blaming the teleprompter.

R

He is an angry black man. Boring same old crap. Good bye to both of them (Rev. Jesse Jackson and Rev. Al Sharpton)

We all are sick and tired of them.