Swift Sues Sports Bar After Sting Operation

11/19/2009 8:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Taylor Swift Taylor Swift wants justice -- after a sting operation in Idaho revealed that a little sports bar was totally cheating her out of ... a few dollars a month.

Swift has attached herself to a copyright infringement lawsuit spearheaded by BMI -- the enforcer of music royalties.

According to a lawyer connected to the case, BMI deployed an "agent" to go on a recon mission at The Sports Cellar bar sometime last year, and the agent noticed the bar was playing music -- including Taylor's stuff -- that they hadn't paid for the right to play.

We're told they even used the allegedly stolen music for Karaoke!!!! Have they no shame?!

Swift and co. are suing for unspecified damages -- but compared to the millions she's raking in right now, this thing in Idaho is totally small potatoes.

'Cocaine' Surfaces in Taylor Swift Lawsuit

"Cocaine" is never free ... neither is Taylor Swift, John Fogerty and the Harper Valley P.T.A. -- this according to the secret agents who claim they caught an Idaho sports bar playing music they hadn't paid for.

Taylor Swift

As TMZ first reported, BMI -- the enforcers of music royalties -- sent a spy to The Sports Cellar bar in Idaho to see if they were playing music they hadn't paid for the rights to use ... and according to court documents, this is what they heard:

-- Cocaine
-- Amarillo By Morning
-- Harper Valley P.T.A.
-- Long As I Can See the Light ... by John Fogerty
-- She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy
-- Here Without You
-- Should've Said No .. by Taylor Swift
-- I Get It
-- Five Dollar Fine
-- Gotta Get Me Down Home

After the recon mission, BMI, Taylor Swift and several recording artists filed a lawsuit against the bar for copyright infringement.

So why would the secret agents for BMI target little podunk bars? Because they're sending a message to every small joint in the county -- Big Brother is always watching.

Michael Jackson Gets Butlered

Now this is funny ....

Michael Jackson Gets Butlered
Gerard Butler in London. Michael Jackson would pee his pants if he saw this.

Guess Who This Kid Turned Into!

Before becoming a legendary pop icon, this little girl was just another normal, everyday celebuspawn growing up in Hollywood. Can you guess who she transformed into?

Guess who?

DJ AM -- Shoe Gotta Be Kidding Me!

DJ AM had more shoes than freakin' Imelda Marcos -- and now his homies have posted a bunch of his sought after sneakers on Ebay to raise money for the DJ AM Memorial Fund.

DJ AM

The fund -- dedicated to helping people struggling with addiction -- should pull in some serious dough from the auction ... some of these sneaks are already going for more than a thousand bucks!

Floyd Mayweather: Is That Cash in Your Pocket ...

... or are you just a complete idiot?

Floyd Mayweather

Floyd Mayweather and a hundred thousand of his closest friends -- plus Diddy, Ray-J, Mario Lopez and Jermaine Dupri -- hung out at XS in the Encore hotel after the Manny Pacquiao fight.

Common sense eventually prevailed. Floyd put the money away rather than "make it rain."

Daddy Got A New Pair of Teeth?!

Chew on this -- sometimes certain sets of teeth go through a crazy, mysterious change after the owner becomes famous!?! Check out the proof!

Nicolas Cage

What's the Big Friggin' Difference?!

The little things in life go a long way -- so spot the subtle differences in the following photos!

What's the Big Friggin' Difference?!

**HINT -- There are THREE differences in the above picture!**

Supermodels: Then and Now

Some of the biggest models in Hollywood have aged like wine. Others ... not so much.

super models - launch photos

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

onceagain1011

Well, everyone could stop playing Swift's music... that would be good by me. She's cute, but she can't sing.... she has to talk thru most of her songs.

Chas

Taylor Swift is a spoiled HO and did nt deserve CMA award. She thinks she's hot stuff but she is a homely ugly spoiled bitch

Don

I am so sick of Taylor Swift, he is so over rated, and I can not stand the way country music is cramming down the public's throat. She won all these awards at the country music awards show, and she DID NOT deserve any of them. She is frumpy dumpy and annoying, she does not have a voice that stands out, nor the stage presence to have won any of the awards she received. I think I will start a new web page called FATS - Fans agains Taylor Swift.

bob

Charlie let me quess you are Black? and you cant stop playing the race card.

jim

i think taylor needs a "swift" kick in the ass.

Bonoi

Taylor Swift NUDE VIDEO IS HERE: http://snipurl.com/Taylor_Swift THAT'S WHAT I'm calling great news about Swift!!!

Bob

Well I am not Charlie and I am not black but I am sick of Taylor Swift and agree she cannot sing and she definitely is not cute!

Donna

Wow u people r brutal!!! Ur all just jealous ya dont have what she has----

Rachael

I gotta say, whoever is doing her copyright defense is doing a DAMN good job. I had a Taylor Swift song on a vid in a tribute to my sister. Didn't pay so that video was quarantined =/ I'm not condoning the illegal use of someones music w/o paying them but there's got to be some sort of line somewhere. I mean, How far is too far?
And for the record, I liked Taylor Swift before she went all pop-slut wannabe.

thumper46

this article is bogus!!bmi and ascap often sue clubs for not paying them for being able to play copy material,whether it,s taylor swift or anyone else!! taylor didn,t know anything about it until now.

Davice

I'd like to wear her skin for my birthday, like a leotard with nipples

Andy

In order to protect legal rights it is imperative that you protect the copyright at all times. Even if it is "small potatoes".

ruguodeshi

Sadly, My boyfriend and me broke up a month ago. yeah.. i'm young ,beautiful,lonely and still hurting.i may be in need of someone to love..still..My friends told me about AgelessCupid.com. and i got curious about it.. they met their boyfriends
there.,It's the best place to meet a older boyfriend or a younger girlfriend. i cant risk myself..So i got a username(flyerdu2000) there in order to find a new boyfriend.is it wrong?

CherokeeAmerican

Ca$hville

At the Cool Springs mall music store in the back row
Is where you’ll find today’s “country” music if you go
Where have the ghosts of Johnny Cash, Hank Williams, and Goldie Hill gone?
You don’t hear their legacy watching CMT at home

A poser whose heart lies with rock on the side
Should not win over a person who lived the rural life
The Country Music Association has sold country music’s soul
by rewarding any “rock” and “pop star” willing to play the role

The day Nashville changed to Ca$hville was the day the music died
Viacom, Sony, and others plundered while artists true to their roots cried
Yes, I knew country music was out of luck
When I heard a small town man listening to RAP in his truck

Any child knows if you have no respect for your roots
And forget where you come from, become a “me too”
Soon you’ll begin to forget who you are
No matter what your heritage, you’ll not get far

There’s still a chance to bring the original art form that was once country music back
Doing to the soul sellers what they did to disco would be the right track
There should be no place for the “country rockers” and “poppers” of today
On the radios of small towns, if we wish the country founder’s legacy to repay

I’m sorry for the kind of shape the birth place of country music is in
The heart of country music has been gutted by big city businessmen
Why did we let monopolies in typical cut-throat fashion
Crush the Nashville Palace, Broken Spoke and other traditional music bastions

Where can someone true to the country roots of small towns go?
With the Nashville Palace, Broken Spoke and other venues closed
Long ago greed made sure “Lorettas” can’t walk up to radio stations anymore
and “Johnnys” can’t approach Sun Records and other studios and get through the door

What came of the music from the rural south and the Appalachian mountainside?
Johnny Cash and his Tennessee Two and the “Louisiana Hayride “
Chet Atkins, the country gentleman, and “The Nashville Sound”
If it wasn’t for them “Music City USA” wouldn’t be around

by Cherokee American

jbjg24m

one thing that Taylor Swift has in common with Miley Cyrus is that neither one can sing worth a damn !

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments