« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Tiger Woods

Breaks from Golf

Admits 'Infidelity'

12/11/2009 8:48 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

BreakTiger Woods has just announced he'll be taking an "indefinite break" from golf -- and for the first time, he admits to acts of "infidelity."

Woods just released the following statement on his website:

"I am deeply aware of the disappointment and hurt that my infidelity has caused to so many people, most of all my wife and children. I want to say again to everyone that I am profoundly sorry and that I ask forgiveness. It may not be possible to repair the damage I've done, but I want to do my best to try.

I would like to ask everyone, including my fans, the good people at my foundation, business partners, the PGA Tour, and my fellow competitors, for their understanding. What's most important now is that my family has the time, privacy, and safe haven we will need for personal healing.

After much soul searching, I have decided to take an indefinite break from professional golf. I need to focus my attention on being a better husband, father, and person.

Again, I ask for privacy for my family and I am especially grateful for all those who have offered compassion and concern during this difficult period
."

UPDATE: Golf fun fact -- when Tiger was out of golf for eight months last year while recovering from reconstructive knee surgery, TV ratings dropped 50 percent while he was out of commission.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Mr. DNA

Tiger is making a mistake. He should be true to himself and kick her to the curb and go back to his horndog ways. She is going to make his life a living hell.

Rhonda

I guess the assumption to be made is that the marriage is salavageable.......Hmmmmmmmm Tiger (I don't know), but ya never know....

Tiger Woman

OHHHHHNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

No Tiger in Golf...
Whaaatttttt?

Tiger,,this is a good move. take a whole yeart offfff.

You did disappoint a lot of people. So just stay away frpom the public for a while. You are still young. God willing you will have time to break the recods that still remain.

Good luck

JUST DO IT!

sickofdis

Well there goes the sponsors...

tim smith

back in time for the masters i bet

Sexual Mac

Tiger's just afraid the pics of his little shaft are about to be released. LOL

PolarBear

Tiger first needs to become a good divorcee, then start becoming accomplished at living in the truth instead of lying to absolutely everyone while he lives like the sleeziest STD-trap going.

He's showing an amazing incapacity to be an adult.

bruce

aww tiger you dumb ass you blew this thing weeks ago, your right, its too late to repair your image, just get back to golf, let that poor woman you called a wife go, let her take those kids you have with her, and move on. your not the devil just not who we thought you were, not the end of the world, my bet you'll be back to one of those girls or some new one within a month. but its your life, just dont expect anyone to buy your bs statement. now get out there and hit some balls.

ringaroundthecollar

Sierra Tucson...Here comes Tiger!

betsy

If he really wants to spin this thing he better admit to being a sex addict and check into rehab! We all know then its not his fault its a "disease" lol!

jr70895

Agree with # 3 It would have been better if Tiger wrote it instead of some lawyer type, obviously this letter was not by him

ewamaria

Mother friend, you don't need any time to "heal." You need to learn some humility, little boy. I wonder if this statement has anything to do with the fact that his wife is either moving out or moving him out... If she stays with him I'm gonna be tremendously disappointed. This level of betrayal and hoe-ing around is not healable. I hope she leaves. I know she will. Why every statement he puts out still sounds like he's flipping people off? Amazing.

jay

it website like this that get great pleasure trashing people. Yeh he was wrong but I could care less of very little detail there is Its none of our business and none of yours. Lets see you report what you got wrong in this story,

GoodKarmaToday

I guess one could also look at hypnosis to eat healthy and lose weight. I highly recommend it. Try this award winning hypnosis audio here: http://goodkarmatoday.info

Tiger Woman