The Rachel

1/16/2010 2:03 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The 52-year-old resurfaced at some event in Palm Springs last week, looking frisky.

Rachel once dated Robert Kennedy's son, David.

Ward has been married to her "Thorn Birds" co-star, Bryan Brown, for 26 years.

COMMENTS

Arlene

Rachel is lovely for 52......

freedomisnotfree

RACHEL IS BEAUTIFUL AND IT IS GREAT TO HEAR CELEBRITIES MAKE IT IN MARRIAGE

sugahoneychild

TMZ is tripping. Looking frisky my arse..this chic looks hella older than 52. My mom is in her 60s and looks 20 years younger than this woman does. In fact, my 80+ year old grandmother had fewer wrinkles. Genetics and the sun have not been kind.

As my mom always says, "MOISTURIZE...MOISTURIZE....MOISTURIZE!"

SugieBear

Rachel Ward is still gorgeous and has good genes I think (rather than good plastic surgeons). She is a natural beauty.

I think I read somewhere way back when Thorn Birds came out that Rachel Ward and Richard Chamberlain did not get along that well.
I thought that Rachel and her on-screen (and in real life) husband had a great sexual chemistry. Gorgeous, both of them and good for them being married 26 years!

E

I'd still like to break it off in her.

A.B.

There's too much obsession with number of wrinkles in people's faces and if they are "hot", which seems to be some badge of honor. Does she look smart, happy and nice to be with? Yes? Then all is well and she will also be sexy to those or the one she is interested in being sexy for.

If a mature woman who values herself gets in hysteria by wrinkles or cares if unknown people find her "hot", it's a sad state of affairs.

naomi

I remember her form that movie "against all odds" with Jeff Bridges. 1984. Phil Collins wrote the title song to the soundtrack. It was a big hit (waaaaay cheezy. This is when Air Supply was super popular so...). I remember absolutely everything in pop culture from 1984. It's so strange. Tina Turner made a comeback, Prince did Purple Rain, Rod Stewart has a new album. The summer Olympics were in LA. I went to the PREMIER of that movie "Revenge of the Nerds" in LA! It was a pretty good year if I remember correctly. Not sure about this movie. I think I saw it but I was like 11 so wouldn't know whether it was good or not. Probably thought there was too much kissing

Tiger Sucks

Loved the Thornbirds. She looks great. Skinny people show more wrinkles in their face. Have you seen Linda Hamilton who is 51 and looks 61? She looks a little like Farah Fawcett.

Sharon- Australia

Rachelle is English who fell in love with an Aussie, Brian Brown. They married and settled in Australia.

Brian Brown is well established actor with many credits under is belt, Rachelle is still involved in the industry doing some series work and producing.

Kitten

Quit smoking. It will ruin your looks every time.

King Richard aka "Dick"

She IS British, she just married an Aussie. Loved The Thorn Birds back in the day; Richard Chamberlain was drop dead gorgeous and to die for--even if he would of found more of a liking with my handsome older brother. I was a senior in high school in 1983 when it was on and watched it with my dear sweet mother while doing my algebra II homework. No wonder I had such a hard time in my math class that week, because this was one excellent mini-series. Still remember it to this day. I am now 45 and still remember the beach scene where Ralph chases Meggie and kisses her as they fall to the ground. *sigh*

jm

She was in Palm Springs for a film festival. She's still a beautiful woman.

emmasn

Aging gracefully. Looking beautiful, Rachel.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2