Andrew Koenig's Dad: He Took His Own Life

2/25/2010 9:55 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

An emotional Walter Koenig -- father of "Growing Pains" actor Andrew Koenig -- just said his son, who had been missing since February 14, took his own life.

Andrew Koenig: Click to view
During Walter's brief statement, he had a message for those who may find themselves in the same emotional state as his son, saying, "What you can learn from this ... is that there are people out there who really, really care."

Walter continued, saying, "Before you make that final decision ... talk to somebody."

Once the Koenigs were finished speaking, a police spokesperson said Andrew's body was found today in Stanley Park in Vancouver. The spokesperson said they are not releasing Andrew's cause of death yet due to the sensitivity of situation.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

O-libby

Very sad!! aleast the family knows were he is?
kinda werid how he came to Canada, Vancouver to kill himself. what their are no trees in the states or Italy??

Rerhard

i find it strange that andrew koenig also played the joker in batman: dead end.

tl

You were my favorite, Boner. RIP! May you have found light at the end of the tunnel.

Paul Priore

Re: Mr. Andrew Koenig:
A life cut to short.
I remember watching him on the television show Growing Pains and he was a great actor as well as his father on the Star Trek series.
My heart and prayers go out to his parents Judy and Walter Koenig.
I know all to well what's it's like to lose someone so young, I lost my lover Guillermo Sanchez to an alledge Suicide.
We need to find out what is causing all these young people to get depressed and decide to take their lives and try to help others from doing the same.
Although, I have never met Mr. Andrew Koenig, I feel so sorry for his families lost.
Rest In Peace Andrew, you will be missed.
Sincerely,
Paul Priore
(Flushing, New York.)

Bobo Frog

Community is the best show on TV....even though NBC sucks.

Hates Conan like crap

They better get this presser started on time.

If not, Andrew's parents will probably get up and leave.

MJFAN212

R.I.P MICHAEL JACKSON

CJ

How sad, tragic end to this story. I feel incredibly bad for his Mother and Father. His poor Father was very strong in that news conference. My thoughts are with his family.

Crazy Bennett

My thoughts and prayers go out to the Koenig's

tim

now its time for TMZ to do their usual.post what he ate before he killed himself.who he was with what he had on. blah blah blah.leave it be tmz this family is grieving yet you will continue to post stupid stuff.btw CNN beat yall to this story by a couple of hours.

Lori

I am so sorry to hear of this tragic loss to the depression demon. My thought and prayers are with the family.

Light & Love

simpelandsweet427

For post #3,,Muchael Myers...you should be ashamed of yourself. YOU are the nobody. Get a life.

To Andrew's family..my thoughts and prayers are with you. May God Bless.

MJFAN212

R.I.P Andrew Koenig

Hates Conan like crap

If the Koenigs had only offered a reward two weeks ago, this could have been avoided.

Learn from this. If you want to find a loved one, put up some dough.

123

It's sad whenever anybody is that sad to take their own life. Not funny at all.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments