Marie Osmond 'Devastated' Over Son's Suicide

2/27/2010 6:37 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Marie OsmondA rep for Marie Osmond just released this statement on Marie's behalf:

"My family and I are devastated and in deep shock by the tragic loss of our dear Michael and ask that everyone respect our privacy during this difficult time."

Marie's son, Michael Blosil, was found dead this morning after he jumped off his apartment building in downtown Los Angeles.

that.is.all

Lola, you fool. Marie is suing Shawn's father (LK's wife and Marie's former friend)...

get your facts straight or STFU

jan

I am just sick to my soul to read some of the awful things people are saying. A mother, Father & family lost someone they loved, for a parent to lose a child I can only imagine is the worst thing to ever happen. How can the ones who are saying mean things sleep at night? In life karma is real & how you treat others will come back to kick you in the butt. The human race seems to be getting more cruel by the day. My prayers are with all those who loved this young man & I am sorry some of the people in this world are so terribly mean. There day will come.

Rose

I just saw her on tv bragging that she had 8 kids, yet she's always on the road performing. When is she with her kids? I do feel sorry for her though and her family. I just don't understand why people have this many kids and are never home with them.

scooobie

No. 52 - Rose - I agree with you. Why have all those children and then leave them in the care of someone else. It's only about money and fame to Marie. She knew her son was sick yet he was alone in LA. Why wasn't he with his Mother? She started all this a few years ago by reporting his sickness just to get back in the limelight again. Now maybe she will shut up and take care of the rest of her children and stop trying to be on TV all the time with that phony smile. .

lolokailey

I THINK THAT IT IS ABOUT TIME THAT MARIE OSMOND STEP UP THE PLATE AND BECOME A REAL MOTHER!!!! SHE IS SOOO DAMN WORRIED ABOUT MAKING A PILE OF MONEY THAT SHE IS BLINDED TO HER CHILDREN!!!!!
MAKES ME SICK THAT THESE MONEY HUNGRY PEOPLE CAN LIVE IN LAS VEGAS AND HER CHILDREN LIVE WITH NANNIES IN ANOTHER CITY!!!????? WHAT DID SHE EXPECT?? PROBLEM FREE KIDS?? I THINK NOT. AND I HOPE SHE LEARNS FROM THIS AND STARTS BEHAVING LIKE A MOTHER ----FINALLY..BUT I DOUBT IT!!! SHE WILL BE BACK ON STAGE A DAY AFTER SHE BURYS HER KID I AM SURE OF IT!!

brenda

Marie is a liar.
She lied about how she lost the weight, claims she lost it on nutri system when in fact she lost it on dancing with the stars. She hooked up with nutri system for the almighty dollar. She faked the fainting scene on dancing with stars too.

Maybe her son felt ashamed of her lying mother..

Marc

Tragic for any parent. Horrible loss. I used to be mormon. The religion can contribute to depression. Utah is the HIGHEST consumer of prozac. Little Utah. What does that tell you? Lots of miserable mormons there.

Charles

Just because death is no respecter of persons, does not mean we ought not respect them also, have a heart folks, she just lost her son. Pray that God gives them comfort in this hour of need.

Karen

I am so sorry for your lost. I know from losing my own son 13 months agp how devestated you must feel. As for all the hateful comments - when you lose a child, shock somehow insulates you enough the first couple of days to allow you to function.

Charles

Already our prayers are going toward heaven for you and your family.

avc

Fake or not ... Religious or not ... condolences to the Osmond family...

fyrman

Ok so who wouldnt want to die if Marie Osmond was your Mom?? Im surprised he made it this far.Fake Ass Bitch

Reynaldo

Whether anyone likes Marie, Mormons, etc. or not-ANYONE who would make such evil, immature, and sickening comments says a LOT about you! Obviously her son was going through a lot to do something like this, and she, as his mother, is hurting whether you believe that or not. Everyone deals with death and things differently.
Again even IF you think Marie is fake, how could ANYONE make nasty sick comments about a person that was hurting so much that he felt suicide was the answer???? It's people like you that makes this world so cold and unfeeling. You are just plain and simple disgusting. May God forgive you!!!!

fyrman

Maybe Marie will kill her fake ass self hahaha.Murder-Suicide when she finds out Donny is cheating on her.LOL those two make me sick

marson

I am and have been a fan since we were very young. I have 2 sons, and my heart goes out to you. I pray that your strong faith in god will see you through this terrible tragedy. God Bless you and your family. LOL