Oprah & Tyler Perry -- Precious Power Lunch

3/9/2010 6:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

"Precious" took home two Oscars, so the next day Oprah Winfrey and Tyler Perry collaborated again by having a celebratory lunch at BOA Steakhouse in West Hollywood on Monday.

0910_media_removed_Mel_Gibson

Both stars have enough cash to wipe their pets' butts with $100 bills -- so the big question has to be ..

INGY

THIS IS SINGLE HANDEDLY WHY THERE NEEDS TO BE A LIMIT ON HOW MUCH MONEY PEOPLE CAN MAKE.......NOBODY NEEDS TO MAKE AS MUCH MONEY AS THEY DO.....THEY CAN CONTINUE TO BE CELEBRITIES AND DO WHAT THEY DO.....BUT THEY SHOULD BE LIMITED TO A MILLION PER YEAR AND THE REST CAN GO TO CHARITY OR TO CREATE JOBS FOR PEOPLE THAT DONT HAVE A CHANCE TO MAKE ANY MONEY.....THEYRE PROBABLY REPUBLICANS.

Boo Hoo

Why does anything Mr Perry does he has to put his name in the title, Tyler Perrys' Blah blah blah. Get over yourself dude your not that funny.

Neither paid they get comped by the restaurant

JP

Hmm, looks like Tyler's wooing Oprah to get her for a role in "Colored Girl's Who Have...."

cheapNeasy

thanks for chiming in Ingy Obama. Go make a few million yourself FIRST...then give me a call and tell me how much you want to give me. I bet your tune changes jacka$$

Mark

Has anyone every paid a dime to see anything Tyler Perry made? This guy's celerity is completely fictional. He's like the Manchurian candidate. I keep hearing his name all everywhere in the media. Where are the fans to back it up??? I tried watching a show he produced once and it was like watching paint dry.

BUDWIZER

who care's who paid for lunch!! my guess is they had fried chicken!!!

Mark

And I'm not saying he doesn't have money. I'm saying he's got some sort of a fairy god mother whose pumping his image far beyond what is normal. FAR BEYOND!. Take a look at everything he's done on IMDB and tell me what you have shelled out money to see. Or what you have even sat through for free.

dana

Tyler Perry made over 125 million in 2008 alone. He does TV, DVDS and his movies have been huge hits. http://askville.amazon.com/money-black-entertainer-Tyler-Perry-worth/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=37357531

the person who said people should only earn a million a year, Right, thats only because you don't. There is no way if you could earn 125 million in a year, you would say, let me keep a million and I will give 124 million of it away because I really didn't work my ass off for it.

and whoever posted that Oprah is a Republican, umm, did you miss the election, Oprah endorsed and campaigned for Obama.

Rocky

If this was a movie the title would be something like this: Tyler Perry Presents, Tyler Perry and Oprah have lunch at a restaurant and Oprah ordered the shrimp puffs.

Also, Ingy you are an absolute moron who should not have access to a computer.

shuffler

Ah! But the question is:
"do they have enough money to wipe THEIR OWN butts with $100 bills?"

This would all depend on the size of the butt and how many meals at the steakhouse, you see. I say they wouldn't.

Mary

They both have the same size thighs.

shuffler

Posted at 5:24PM on Mar 9th 2010 by ingy
--------
Ingy,
And who would be in charge of administering the money of those who make more than 1 million $ per year under your proposed changes of handing over the money of anyone who makes in excess of 1 million bucks? The government? You would trust them to give YOUR money to charity? Which charities? Most of them are total scams that distribute a mere pittance of what they get where it should go, merely acting as PR/Advertising firms. Speaking of distributing a mere pittance, will those in charge of your money not want to skim, too? How could you be sure?

I would want receipts of every single item my money paid for if this was in effect.

So who would stop those administering your wealth getting wealthy? Nobody, that's who. Everyone wants what they earned. If you think the current economy is 'crisis' and if you trust the government to do anything competently, then good luck to you.

Celebrities are paid handsomely because they BRING IN the big money. In other words, they keep economies going. Whether you buy something based on an ad, product placement, buy merchandise, see a movie...money is has changed hands and keeps changing hands. To think that this money gets holed-up somewhere and 'wasted' on celebrities is inaccurate.

If people weren't buying, they wouldn't be making any money.

mike

Ingy... What an idiot.

Yeah, Oprah and Tyler? Republicans?... Not!

nof

...Neither look as if they ordered the fruit plate...

Nof

kelly stop

i agree with ingy to some extent! why is there a minimum wage but not a maximum wage? even if we set the maximum wage to $1 billion dollars a year isn't that sufficient enough? what would happen?

anyways, i think tyler paid cuz he makes all those cheesy/ethnic rom-coms

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments