Corey Feldman -- This Is a Tragic Loss

3/10/2010 4:17 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Corey Feldman & Corey HaimCorey Feldman has just released a statement on the death of his best friend Corey Haim, in which he calls the event "tragic" and begs people to learn a "lesson" from Haim's passing.

In the statement, which Feldman posted on his blog, the actor says "My eyes weren't even open all the way when the tears started streaming down my face."

He adds, "We must all take this as a lesson in how we treat the people we share this world with while they are still here to make a difference."

The post concludes, "I hope the art Corey has left behind will be remembered as the passion of that for which he truly lived."

ken

Fame is not worth it. When you take a kid and turn them into an entertainer, you are really hurting them. God bless his mom.

HMD

Sad story... but here goes Feldman.....

cgirl Caron

weeeeeeeeee

JackieMichele

Do not blame fame for anyone's poor choices. I love both Corey's dearly and adore their movies, however, Haim's choices are his own and no one else. Drug addiction is a horrible thing to go through but that doesn't mean you can pass the blame to any available scapegoat.
RIP Corey Haim.

Heather

What was his underlying problem? Depression, bipolar, anxiety......Come on. Were the drugs too easy to get?

.:Loki 4Ever:.

Corey Feldman is a great actor.. I don't care what anyone says...his acting in The Goonies always stood out to me! He was too cute and funny!

bev

Feldman distanced himself quickly from his so called friend..now the tears? What a fake he is..

Dani

So very sad. God Bless you Cory Haim RIP.

jrobin9445

1971-2009?

michaelacarterallen

Rx drug abuse is a nationwide problem that has will, or is affecting someone onthis board right now...DOCTORS AND PHARMACIES MUST BE MADE RESPONSIBLE FOR EVERY SCRIPT THEY WRITE/FILL...THE DEATHS WILL ONLY CONTINUE.

stacia252

Soon as I read about Haim, I knew Feldman wouldn't be far behind trying to put his 2 cents in, and get a little press for another death! Whose life hasn't this guy infested?

Mary

This is devastating to Corey Feldman. My heart goes out to him.

DJ

So sad. hopefully, this will give some people a wake-up call. My heart breaks for his mother.

Lee

I think one lesson that needs to be learned and I am heeding it, is when you are sick be careful of the over the counter meds you are taking. This is two in a short term of time that has died self medicating themselves for the flu or close to it! Too many things to help the symptoms and then they find themselves in trouble!

cheermjm

rip corey. I have been waiting all morning for Corey Feldman's response to this.

fyi klipper. Corey feldman went through this phase where he dressed that way, around the same time dream alittle dream came out. It was because of MJ. He did it out of respect to his lost friend. So I doubt he will dress up like Haim. Don't try to get laughs about this you end up looking like an ass

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments