« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Roethlisberger Had 2 Cops in Clubbing Entourage

3/10/2010 7:53 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Ben Roethlisberger Ben Roethlisberger was partying with two off duty police officers in his entourage on the night he allegedly sexually assaulted a 20-year-old woman, this according to a lawyer for one of the cops.

According to the lawyer, Officer Anthony J. Barravecchio and Pennsylvania State Trooper Ed Joyner are both personal friends with Big Ben and were with him during his birthday celebration in Milledgeville.

The lawyer, Michael F. Santicola, claims both cops were "completely sober" during the fateful night and are "cooperating" with the investigation ... even though neither man has been contacted by police.

As we previously reported, Roethlisberger had been club-hopping with several pals, including his accuser, before he allegedly assaulted her in a bathroom at Capital City nightclub.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Joe

What a douchebag. I find it comical watching his career getting flushed down the toilet.

michaelacarterallen

DOUCHE RAPIST....

THINK TANK

is way DOVER! blew 100million F`d himself2F`DOM

da bears

He is cute ! Layoff my man!!

I am curious to know what the bathroom is like. Is it large or just a one-person room? Whenever I am in a bar bathroom there are always other girls in there too. What time did the incident occur? A guy who would come in a girl's bathroom would get kicked out by the girls in there.

Paul Conrad

How can a rich, famous guy like this who's won two Super Bowls not get laid? I mean, I'm a straight, red-blooded, heterosexual, American male and I'll let him grope me and I'll never ask him for a dime.

Andie

So these cops are going to tell the truth instead of lie for their employer and friend? Just like Tiger's caddy knows nothing. LOL

kelly

TO me looks like this girl is looking for a payday. she was Out partying with thim.. hard to beleive this guys needs to force himself on any woman. Ya'all need to watch who your partying with they might be thinking to take you to the cleaners..or ruin you.

chris.story

Wait for the facts. Everyone is a investigator1 Only problem is, you have ZERO facts and evidence

JP

He's a beast! And those cops are his beastie boys.

dray24

I am not a Ben fan BUT, I hope when/if he is again cleared of these charges, the media will go after this underage whore for being just that.

NC

@share
The bathroom is small. It's not one of those multi-stall deals.

Also, as someone who attended GCSU for 4 years and worked several events while there, the town is small and doesn't attract a lot of "famous" people. Usually if someone remotely well-known shows up in town, everyone and their mother swarms the locations, regardless of whether or not they really know who the person was. I think about 70% of the town showed up to see Lance Armstrong ride through town in less than 30 seconds. So I think it's highly unlikely that anyone would have had the foresight to really know much about this guy and concoct a plan to set him up and falsely accuse him in a matter of a few hours. People may get star crazy in Milledgeville, but false rape allegations just don't happen.

WP

I am sure the cops had nooooo idea an underager was drinking with Ben LOL

Jahosacat

Sorry #14, but, the accuser is a college student, NOT a townie. The townies might not lie, but, star struck college girls who realize what they did and that they are likely to catch heck from their parents if they ever find out - would lie. Or maybe Ben just wasn't that "good".

I just wish Big Ben would learn his lessons! that makes the third call he's had to make to the Marra's that there is no excuse for him to have to make.

vintagewhatever

Some guys enjoy forcing themselves on women even when they can have sex with other willing women. They are called rapists.
The police should not be off duty bodyguards for people. They have too much power and influence to not intimidate people who have negative interactions with their clients.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments