Corey Haim -- Vicodin, Valium, Soma Found

3/11/2010 8:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned the 4 pill bottles found in the apartment where Corey Haim collapsed yesterday included the generic versions of Vicodin and Valium ... and the same doctor prescribed all 4 powerful meds just days before Haim died.

Law enforcement sources tell us the pill bottles retrieved in the apartment of Haim's mother are hydrocodone (Vicodin), diazepam (Valium), haloperidol (an antipsychotic med) and Soma (a muscle relaxer).

We're told all 4 meds were prescribed by a prominent Los Angeles psychiatrist. Sources say all 4 meds were prescribed the same day -- several days before Haim died.

Matt and Levi's Trip to the Zoo!

Matthew McConaughey and his son Levi took a special trip to the Central Park Zoo -- Check out Levi's day with Dad!

Alexander McQueen's Final Collection

Fashion visionary Alexander McQueen's final, uncompleted 16 piece collection debuted at Paris Fashion Week.

With a somber atmosphere set to operatic music, the line was only shown Tuesday to a small crowd of elite fashion editors.

McQueen died February 11.

Color Me Bad

Can you guess which celebrities took their hair color to a whole new level?

Celebrity Hair Color

Fun With Faces

Sometimes celebs drop the glam and go with goofy -- check out which stars went a little wacky!

Funny Faces

Celebrity Side Eye

There is no sneakin' up on these stars -- see which stars are watching their own back!

Ame

Why is a known pill addict being prescribed a medication that he has admitted to taking 85 in one day of...

Vince

I love the headline. "Pill Bottles Reportedly Found In Haim's Home." I have pill bottles in my home too. I guess that makes me a drug addict, or someone about to OD??? These writers are idiots. They even have to use the word, "Reportedly" since they are clueless, and they need to cover their own butts. Pathetic.

Mz Princess

His Mom is suffering enough! Your team seems to dig where you really should leave it alone. She is dying and has to deal with the death of her son, come on TMZ, show some form of class. How do you all sleep at night?

J.Johnson

Geez. I tell ya. Prescription drugs kill more people than illegal drugs!!! My doctor prescribed Singulaire for my asthma. The damn drug would awaken me from a sleep with a heartbeat of a hummingbird. After they occurred twice, not to mention the "flush" feelings that came over me as I went about my day, I decided to kiss the drug off.

I know what some of you are thinking. Why I didn't stop it sooner. I don't know why but I do know these doctors prescribe these drugs and don't bother to monitor their effects for days or months. When I told my pulmonary spec. what had happened, his comment was " I hadn't heard of that before." Hey, Einstein, you're hearing it now.

Lesson learned. Don't introduced new drugs to your system without questioning the doctor, and researching the drug. If you're not careful, that doctor will deny thrice ever knowing the possible side effects of the drug, and your family will be carrying you to your final resting place!

bull

Wonder why he wasn't taking suboxone

ben dover

i think if they choose to over medicate,and they know what could and will happen then they deserve to die

sws1967

I never met Corey, but I share his same addiction issues - and I'm very sad that he didn't make it out, even though I never knew him. I'm not surprised at all by the scripts mentioned...and you can't simply blame doctors and drug companies. If you want to work the system, you will find what you want through multiple resources, especially if you have any amount of status (actor/musician). So...this IS ADDICTION. This is what it does to you eventually, but it is very subtle; goes into remission and reappears like cancer. This is no different than the deaths of Britany Murphy and Heath Ledger - The Hydrocodone alone, would not have caused this, but what happens too often, after years of tolerance, we throw some other "meds" into the mix...so we can sleep, relax, relieve the muscle pain, and depression. Surprisingly, hydrocodone will cause significant muscle tension and prevents restoritive sleep - hence the request for Benzodiazepines (Valium, etc.) and relaxers (Soma, etc.). At his age, and with his prior drug experience, I do not understand why he wouldn't be aware of these risks - but again, addiction is a sickness, and all who experience it think they are completely rational while they take 30 Vicodin, Benzos for sleep, Prozac for depression, Soma for the muscle spasms, etc, all in the same day. The Haloperidol here is the kicker...he was suffering and didn't get help in time to put his addiction into remission. I really hope we can someday honestly understand the addiction process and treat it effectively - to date, there is NO CURE!

Bob Booker

When a celebrity takes too many drugs it is called over-medication because of the " pain ". When a street druggie doess the same thing it is a drug overdose. Why is this ?

flash

Another USELESS CELEBRITY DRUG ADDICT dead so that means more oxygen for the rest of us.Lets hope the others follow.

shempbat

I get sick and tired of people blaming the doctors. It's the patient obligation to be truthful with the doctor. And how does ANYONE on these boards know that Mr Haim did not actually need these meds? The fact that he got them from the same Dr would lead me to assume that he wasn't Dr shopping and just might of had a real injury.

bill

lots of comments for a guy whose career died 20 years ago. his body just caught up, that's all.

judy

What a waste of such a young life. I guess it's too much too soon.

Shane

I have a serious back injury that is going to require surgery, my MRI films made me cry, I was terrified to see my diskd and nerves like that. I take Klonopin, Lortab and Soma 3 times a day and still hurt every second. It is basically the same combo minus the antiphycotic. 6 months and no problems with meds. I see folks jumping on the docs and meds but the culprit is Haim, NO ALCHOHOL with meds for one, they MEAN that and if taken "as prescribed" he wouldn't be dead. That is a normal pain regimen. If you take way more like a druggie...........the consequenses are YOURS.

lynn white

HOW MANY PILLS WERE LEFT????????? There are perscribed usage and then there are DRUG ADDIICTS. Check out the doc and pull his ticket if it is warented.

ervaughn

When I read this story i had(by chance), Darkness,Darkness by the Youngbloods playing on the cd Player. Gave me the 'WILLIES"! Haim-R.I.P.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments