'Desperate Housewives' Star Collides with Bike

3/17/2010 9:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A "Desperate Housewives" star was in a nasty car accident yesterday, and the elderly gentleman he collided with had to be rushed by ambulance to the hospital.

Shawn Pyfrom was driving in the San Fernando Valley at around 3:30 PM when his car collided with the bike. Shawn's rep says the biker was going the wrong way and made a sudden turn into Shawn's car.

The biker was bloodied and went down. Shawn got out of his car and tried helping him until paramedics arrived and took the man to the hospital.

No one was cited for the accident.

The biker's condition is unknown.

tiger'smomaphonytoo

Sunny California and stuff still happens. LOL

Clinton

Who's naive enough to believe anything coming from a "rep."

Makenna

Which one is his mother TMZ? I don't recognise this kid.

Susan

His mother is Bree.

jess

Damn bicyclists. I don't know how they survive in NYC. I have almost been hit by tons of them (when walking btw) because they don't follow any traffic laws.

ChrisGeeze

The person who submitted the report is a very reputable source with veriable information on the accounted incident. He's also an amazing karaoke performer. RAWR!

dexlover

Um, forgive me if I'm wrong, but is that not the same kid that ran over someone in Bree's car in the first season? Irony.

caroline

His Desperate Housewives character ran over someone on a bike, with a car. That's a confusing sentence.

dom

Seriously i hope the guy is okay, but i am so sick of the way peopel ride bikes on the road, they ride them in crosswalks when you are trying to turn right or make a left, they ride them on sidewalks and it endangers drivers who almost hit them. The bikers are breaking the law and it's got to stop because then a driver hits them and is emotionally scarred. NO BIKES IN CROSSWALKS @SSHOLES!

MIke

I think someone's cell phone records should be checked????? Hmmmmmmmmmm.........??????

Darlene

Thats a shame!! Hope he will be alright. Those BIKERS have to watch what they are doing!

LH

Los Angeles Police Department and Los Angeles Sheriff's deputies hang out at their station all day talking about sports or watching television instead of patrolling the streets. As a pedestrian walking legally within a crosswalk and also walking on the sidewalk, I have been struck many times by bicyclists. The last time I tried to dodge being struck, both the bike rider and I went down. He looked at me -- acting like I was the one who did the wrong deed that caused him to fall. He got back on his bike and pedalled away. He left me bleeding from my nose and I have had pain in my knee nearly every day since the incident happened last January. I called the cops but they told me that they don't go out on calls like mine.

Louise

Thrilled no one was hurt ... Shawn showed great compassion in helping the bicyclist.
Unfortunately, biking is not a safe sport incorporated with motor vehicles. Florida leads the nation in those types of accidents.
GOD bless you Shawn!