John Forsythe Dies

4/2/2010 3:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

John ForsytheJohn Forsythe -- one of the most famous TV actors ever -- died yesterday.

Forsythe was best known for his roles on "Charlie's Angels," "Dynasty" and "Bachelor Father."

Forsythe died of pneumonia and cancer. He was 92.

In lieu of flowers, John's wife and family request donations to the American Cancer Society.

There will be no public service.

remembering John forsythe

MFK

The only reason why I know this man's name at all was because it was mentioned on the Golden Girls.

Sunny

Another great veteran actor is gone. RIP John Forsythe. He was so handsome and kept his looks well into his golden years. I loved his work and from what I am reading, he was a classy gentleman. He will be missed.

Paul Priore

Re: Mr. John Forsythe:
I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Forsythe at a charity event held by Mr. David Gest several years ago.
Mr. Forsythe was one of the classiest men and a brilliant actor that I was privileged to have met.
He will surely be missed.
Rest in Peace.
Thank You.
Sincerely,
Paul Priore
(Flushing, New York.)

Jessica

RIP funnyman

Mariah

Ghost and Wilky:

We hear ya. But it's been over a week now. Kinda doubt they are going to do anything for Mr. Culp now...there are better, more mature sites out there that did a better job than anything TMZ would have done anyway. Though this one for Mr. Forsythe was very nice.
RIP Mr. Forsythe and Mr. Culp...nice guys sometimes do finish first...

CJ

rest in peace silver fox,i loved you in dynasty.

ctrob255

We lost another one of the greats...a real actor; a mans man. Classy, distinguished and family man. Thank you John for many years of entertainment. May you rest in peace. When I read of favorite actors passings; I feel old, sad and question who will be a true pioneer in entertainment that will positively impact my son; our next generation. People like John aren't mentioned in the news in a negative way like the 'actors' of today; they are truly role models. Thank you John. Good bye Charlie.

kelly

WE LOVE YOU CHARLIE.....

mo

RIP

brian scavo

I am so sorry to hear of the passing of john forsythe, great actor and a great man.
I watched this man act on tv and in films and he was inspiring.
and that is the greatest thing you can say about an actor is that he was and had inspired you to do good and to be better.
John Forsythe you will be missed.

brisca5@aol.com legislator brian scavo

Larry D. Crumbley

Hello,
R.I.P> you fine actor. You are the last of a dying breed. You are the very last of a dying breed. Not selfish, not a big ego. Never complained about what the producers wanted you to do, or not do. You played many characters over the yrs. that you were in Hollywood, and now you have won the race, and your Soul can go home. Please remember him in your Prayers, and his family also. R.I.P. Mr. John Forsyth.

Larry D. Crumbley