Bret Michaels -- 'Setback' in Recovery Process

4/27/2010 7:31 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0423_brett_michaels_BN_TMZ_03Bret Michaels' reps confirm that the rocker suffered a "setback" in his recovery from a brain hemorrhage -- and he may now be at risk for seizures.

According to Bret's people -- test results show Bret is experiencing hyponatremia, a side effect from the subarachnoid hemorrhage which is caused by a lack of sodium in the body. The condition can often lead to seizures.

But despite the setback, doctors are still hopeful Bret will gradually improve, "as the blood surrounding the brain dissolves and is reabsorbed into his system, which can be a very painful recovery and take several weeks to months."

Bret's reps also report that the rocker "remains under 24-hour observation in the ICU and is in positive spirits. He is responding well to tests and treatments."

Bret was first hospitalized for the hemorrhage last Thursday night after complaining of a massive headache.

SupAStaR

Hey everyone Santa's a Big Time Queen Disco Stick Rider.Bret has had so much Tang He's even did Your Mom!She's Gross!EWW Santa.What a Loser!Bret Rules!

JLS

I care and millions behind me. Really here. You are actually asking who cares if this man lives or dies? I don't wish to know you--

kali

Get well soon Bret!

rachel

Get well Brett!!!

sandy

this is all a pure disgrace, nothing but nonsense to appease the public. and what the hell is wrong with his father. has he seen first-hand the condition, sitting around in PA and he claims he is speaking by phone to a person that has a brain stem bleed in LA. i am really getting sick of this. i dont know why his father is not personally on hand to make extreme decisions regarding his sons life. get him to UPMC Presby, PGH PA, quick, which he should have been flown to immediately. unless of course, he is just being stabilized to prepare for the probable outcome. from what i am hearing of the reports of this miracle, i am sure Bret can walk on water too. i have been through this, stop reporting garbage....
to all of you that want to believe this crap, please send me a dollar when you find out the truth, which is what i have said all along. I WILL BE THE RICHEST PERSON THAT EVER WALKED THE EARTH.

ylg

Oh for criminy sakes. This is no big deal. Just keep the man on a sodium drip and give him dieuretics to draw off the excess. Geez. You keep making it sound like he's at death's door. He's STABLE.

Lovejac23

Love you Bret! Please get well soon and do ROL4!!!! Those are so hilarious!

Joe

Yeah, I feel crappy too about Bret, even though I wasn't a fan of Poison. I hope he gets well soon. But I do think the guy wears to much eye make up. I hate seeing guys with make up on. YUCK, it makes me sick!!!

sandy

ylg, he is a deaths door, and the family will decide fool.

Proud2bBlack

Still praying and wishing you a healthy recovery Bret. I Love you because you're a human being and you deserve to live a long and healthy life.

FloMaster

My friend is a nurse in the ICU. How much would she get for some cell phone pics of him without his wig?

tis_ruthy

this is because he has diabetes isnt it hope you will be ok Bret lots of love

Rhonda

I cannot believe how hateful people are. Shame on anybody that thinks this is funny or has something negative to say. Bret is a person with feelings like all of us, I'm sure he's scared and needs all of the support and prayers he can get.

Remember, this can be any of us at any time!

You do not know Bret from Adam and to say "Who Cares".

Just so you know.... a lot of people care!! Bret is a son and a dad, he has people who love him and from what I've seen he is a pretty stand up and loving guy.

Like one of the other comments said... wait till it's you or your family in ICU then you will know how heartbreaking and scary it really is, I've been there twice and lost both family members, it's traumatizing to say the least.

I wish Bret and his family all the best and I will continue to pray for Bret until he's fully recovered, he's going to be just fine.

I love you Bret, BIG KISS!!!

Tyler

Stick a fork in him because he is done. Talking poorly and good spirits does not mean recovering. He is on so many drugs I am sure he is in good spirits. Get the obituary ready because it will soon be needed. My only regret is that my great seats for his upcoming concert will not be used. I do feel bad for his daughter though.

Cheryl A.

To those wondering why is father is still in PA, Perhaps it is due to his age. Perhaps he is ill, Perhaps he knows why and it is not for us to question this man.
You haters are sick! Just wait until one of you or a family member ends up in the ICU. The majority of us will be there one day or have been there already. The longer we live, the better the chance of that happening.
To wish ill of Bret because you do not like his bandana or hat, dislike his eye make up, don't like the choices he made in HIS life or don't like his music or TV shows is sick!