Joel Osteen and Murray -- Joined in Prayer

5/9/2010 4:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Dr. Conrad Murray was a guest at Joel Osteen's church in Houston, TX this morning -- and we're told the two shared a prayer together.

Sources at the Lakewood Church tell TMZ Murray met with Joel and his wife Victoria before Osteen in between the 8:30 and 11:00 AM sermons. We're told they met in a private room for about 10 minutes. Joel's brother Paul was also there, as was Murray's attorney, Ed Chernoff, and friend Jeffrey.

Our source said it was very apparent Murray was "a man of faith."

Osteen has acknowledged that Murray is going through a "hard time" -- which is one of the reasons he was invited to the service.

janalal4

I like this Scott guy:)

kim

89. Houston, Tx suckssssss

Texas in general sucksssss

Texans suckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Posted at 4:08 PM on May 9, 2010 by Just Sayin

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/05/09/joel-osteen-conrad-murray-michael-jackson-lakewood-church-prayer/6/#comments#ixzz0nTmmG5Bx

and just where do you get all of your info from? you better crawl back under that rock and come back out with better manners. what a moron.

MiMi

Tellit

Actually you were cloned on another board earlier this morning. And I thought no one could not be cloned anymore. ????

donna

we should'nt hate the man however what he did was wrong and this so call man of God should not be taking sides, GOD HAVE A WAY OF SHOWING PEOPLE THERE FLAWS AND NO ONE IS EXEMPT SO WITH THAT, WATCH YOUR OWN BACK YARD AND STAY OUT OF SOMEONE ELSE,I FEEL SORRY FOR THE PEOPLE WHO JUST DON'T GET IT. THERE IS SO MUCH INFORMATION OUT THERE THAT PROVE MJ INNOCENTS BUT THERE ARE PEOPLE WITH HATE IN THERE HEART AND THEY SPIT OUT EVIL THINGS GOD SAID HE HATE! A FALSE TONGUE HE DID'NT SAY I DON'T LIKE A FALSE TONGUE HE SAID HATE WHICH IS A VERY STRONG WORD

Angela

Good for Dr. Murray. God will help all who seek him first.

Angela

Michael Jackson also seeked God when he was going through tough times. So why is it so different for Dr. Murray? Is he not a man as well?

mymjj5.

4. Mj fans Suck Almost As Much As MJ Sucked Jason.
Posted at 12:51 PM on May 9, 2010 by OhWell

MJ was straight. He would never ever in a million light years engage in a homosexual relationship. He loved women. My King would not go anywhere near those slabs of Jason. Layer upon layer upon layer of of gross rhinoceros bulk. Someone said that they could picture Jason as a fat slob with beer cans, bags of chips, and dirty underwear on the floor for his mommy to wash for him.

Who in the hell is going to put Jason’s big ass boxers in their washer and dryer? Them “thangs” are all nasty and blown out in the bottom from all those gases and toxins built up in Jason’s hog guts. them damn boxers are so big only one pair at a time could fit into the washer or dryer. that's if the machine survived the entire cycle before it short circuited out. The dam dryer door would somehow get stuck on purpose in protest against having the dry those big nasty ass muthas. Jason’s mommy had better put those funky ass boxers in a triple load commercial washer or at least one that is big enough for an 9’ft X 12ft’ Persian rug .

(Oh hell no!................Not MyKing!)

also to Tellit, Tell it, Trish, Oh Well, Sue from Tampa, and all the rest of MJ haters. If you don't like MJ you can kiss
Michael Joseph Jackson's ass!

myself

Well, the Jackson/Sharpton/Jackson connection goes way back in the early 70's, when the Jacksons were just beginning in the industry (not even that famous). Comparing their relationship to the Osteen/Murray one, is just not a good comparison to me.

1)Sharpton and Jackson to me, did not seem to have been trying to take advantage of the Jacksons in any way. It seemed to me, to have just been a normal and natural way of meeting. Even if the Jacksons were on their way to stardom, given that this was around 1970-2, for a black family trying to take on the world by storm, it could've not been much of a guarantee. As for Osteen, it seems like he is trying to take advantage of some sort and not only is he the one who is questionable, but even Murray himself, seems so desperate for support. I don't think he should be worrying about people to support him at this moment in time, the only help he should be looking for is from God, given that i've heard he's a man of graet faith. The question is, would Osteen have offered Murray help had it not been that Murray is involved in a high profile case? I'm sure if it was the other way round,(just a nobody who had died in Murray's hands) it could've been Murray looking for Osteen, not Osteen offering his services so to say. One other thing, i don't think Sharpton and Jackson were offering some sort of help inorder to befriend the Jacksons, when they met back then, did they? Like what Osteen has done. It's only after they were friends, that they started standing by the Jacksons, during their hard times, just like what friends do. That to me does not look like a connection that should be questioned.
2)Again Sharpton, does not only stand for the Jacksons (who are his friends by the way), he stands up for many in his community, whom are voiceless. It's a known fact that he is an activist, though some people don't like him, but that doesn't mean that he hasn't stood for many, and for as long as he lives, he shall continue to do so, because that is what he does. Also people like Jesse stood for/by big pple like MLK, way back before he even met the Jacksons. Meeting with the Jacksons might've been a small thing to him, given that they were not even a household name then. But as for Osteen, he might've offered help to others before, but i think they were people who weren't in the spotlight (correct me if i'm wrong). Not that there's anything wrong in helping Murray, but the timing itself is questionable. Remember he feeds himself through that $$$$$$$$$ that he makes through his programme, and he does sure needs ratings, doesn't he? And the fact that he has decided to make the "private prayer", public, did not help either!

The timing and the publicity stunt did not help at all, thus making everything in this case so very questionable.

Pongo

So one quack prayed for another. Quackery squared!

How can people really fall for the BS of televangelists like Osteen? What happened to their slime detectors? The word 'ick' was invented to describe the guy. Shoot I feel like I need to take a shower if I even accidentally click on his show for a second or two while channel surfing. Can't wait for the inevitable 'faith-shaking' revelation that he's gay or a crook or a serial philanderer or something. Smarm of that magnitude has to be hiding something.

Antwone

Much love for you Dr. Murray.

Tellit

106. Tellit
Posted at 4:53 PM on May 9, 2010 by MiMi
_______________

lol...yeah I know MiMi. ..it still happens. I don't mind when he keeps it at Tell it...but then he goes overboard and starts cloning me. I don't let it bother me much anymore...I'm not going to be posting here much longer anyway.
Too many are just too hateful,defensive & delusional.
Take care MiMi

Tellit

106. Tellit

Posted at 4:53 PM on May 9, 2010 by MiMi
_______________

LOL...yeah I know MiMi! Sh/t still happens. I don't mind when he limits it to his Tell it. But then he gets carried away and starts cloning. It doesn't matter to me much anymore though...won't be posting here much longer anyway.

nan

what a bunch of fame whores using religion and their faith for a photo op courtesy of michael jackson.no wonder mj couldnt sleep. think of all the whores in this poor guys life waiting for fifteen minutes of fame and some money to fall out of his pockets. was murrays film crew from his reality show there? there probably footing the bill for his supporters to show up at court.spice up his show alittle bit

Julie

This doesn't surprise me at all. Televangelists will do anything for publicity. All in the name of religion. Bilk old ladies out of their money, house doctors who kill patients....

Shame...

Scott

Very sorry Tellit my bad an honest mistake.......peace.