Tiger's Wife Hired Lawyer Months Ago

5/13/2010 5:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Elin Nordegren hired a lawyer to help her with her divorce from Tiger Woods less than a month and a half after Tiger's infamous car accident.

tiger woods and elin nordegren

TMZ broke the story Elin hired attorney Walter H. White, Jr., who practices in London.  In an email to his staff dated January 12, 2010, White wrote, "I am writing to advise you that we have been asked by Ms. Nordegren to assist her in better understanding her legal circumstances."  White goes on:  "The firm has assigned a dedicated team to work closely and confidentially with Elin and Josefin in order to fulfill this mandate."

As we first reported, lawyers for both sides are trying to agree on a property settlement and custody agreement before filing divorce papers.

WordOutlet

More importantly, she is sportin' an "MJ Thriller"-era look.
Chamon!

Trish

Hope she gets the last laugh. He threw away a good family.

Valerie

Why is Wlin's attorney assisting Josephin in their divorce.
Did Tiger marry both sisters?

SportsGrl

You go girl ..Hes a piece of **** ...

raven

Now this is Good News!

KittyKittyKitty

Yikes!

andy

Good for Elin ! ! ! She is young. beautiful, and deserves to start creating her new life, rather than waiting for the inevitable. Stick with your plan . . .

Yvonne

I would like to knew who is the mole in Walter H. White, Jr's office. Very interesting. But great that Elin definitely wants to get rid of Tiger!!

LaToya Jackson

Tiger even hit on me!!! He needs to calm down a lil bit

Knockers De Clown

Tiger hit on me too .. I agree he needs to calm down a little bit.. Do these blow up shoes make my butt look FAT? *I'm just asking

HATES SO CALLED CELEBS

SO THE PALE GOLDDIGGER HIRED A BLACK ATTORNEY??? HOW CONVENIENT!!!

Lainie

What ever anyone's opinion is it's disgusting to hear things like 'she's ugly'...or the lawyer looks 'unkempt'; the attorney is black'...amazing how some of you think.

The truth is a wife was cheated on and her husband had no ethics or morals regarding their marriage.

It's her choice to see if the marriage is worth saving and obviously by his behavior at this point it isn't gonna work for her.

Money??? Does it matter how much she's getting??? Will that take away the sense of betrayal she must feel? Her life will be easier then those that have the same thing happen with no alimony but a broken heart doesn't heal with money.

Shame on anyone who uses the negative chatter; make your opinions on what the real issue is.

Lainie

Jay

People say she's cute but I don't think that's necessarily true especially in some photos. I would think much more of her if not for the a boob job.

JLS

Elin is no fool. What wife could forgive all of this? Not me. I think she'd be much better off without him in her life. I think the kids would as well. What an awful role model for his son!

Darlene