MJ Mausoleum -- Fans No Longer Welcome

5/30/2010 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The cemetery where Michael Jackson is entombed is launching a new crackdown on fans -- actively removing people hanging out in front of MJ's mausoleum.

0910_media_removed_Lindsay_Lohan2
According to sources at Forest Lawn Cemetery in Glendale, security has been informed that MJ fans are no longer permitted to gather on the patio of MJ's mausoleum. Those who loiter will be asked to leave.

It's unclear why Forest Lawn is making the move -- especially because fans have been visiting the burial site regularly since MJ moved in last year.

And now -- with the one-year anniversary of Michael's death fast approaching -- the Justice4MJ fan group is concerned about their plans to gather at the mausoleum on June 25.

A rep for the group tells us they hope Forest Lawn will "take into consideration" the hundreds of fans traveling from all over the world to pay their respects.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

TheBIgBlackNewsBlog

This ban won't last. They are going to find some way to capitalize on this and resend.

TheBIgBlackNewsBlog

correction: rescind. :-)

fan

Where are the trolls and FL circus? Gone Too Soon?

gypsylatinafla/commentssense

what a thriller now ! that's bad, It's bad, Is bad ! whooo!

tis_ruthy

charmin

Phil

Bleh, whatever. I could really care less. It's just weird knowing that it's already benn nearly a year since Michael died.

Phil

I believe I meant *been. My mistake.

Alex

Just when I thought the Michael Jackson tomb patrol story was the craziest story I'd read today...I saw this crazy scandal involving Jay Leno. Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5zP7_C2Fjk

Gina

why should they gather there if MJ is not there?
don't look for him amongst the dead ones, he is alive and I hope he will be back.

I love you Michael with all my heart and soul, I trust you and only you and I hope you will be back some day.

pamplottina

is alive! LOL
Michael is here between us!

tis_ruthy

I see, so Conrad can go there as many times as he likes, tripping up on the steps whilst looking pensive for his photog companion, but fans are not welcome?

Nessie

Forest Lawn had better get ready - better to let the hundreds (if not thousands) of fans pass through, than have them congregating in front of the gates, occupying the parking lot and blocking traffic.
from Asd

Barbie

I have an idea for all the Michael Jackson fans, why don't you all go to the cemetary where someone you actually knew and loved is buried and put flowers on their grave.

Glenda in Texas

"Personally I'd rather go to my mother's grave than some dead celebrities grave. Show some respect for my loved one's. JMO
Posted at 1:48 AM on May 30, 2010 by Barbie"

Then by all means do that and get off this forum.

janicebyrne

People should be allowed to visit a gravesite and pay their respects. Maybe the volume of people is just too great for the security people to deal with. Whatever the reason, I'm sure the "ban" will be lifted soon. Keep Conny the killer quack away though...forever !!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments