John Wayne's Kids -- Duking It Out Over Estate

6/4/2010 4:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

John Wayne Cowboy HatA standoff is underway between several members of John Wayne's family -- with his son and daughter battling each other over millions.

It's all over The Duke's estate -- worth somewhere between $10 and $15 million ... depending on which kid you ask.

In legal papers, filed Thursday in L.A. County Superior Court, John's daughter Aissa Wayne claims she wants to sell her share of the estate -- and another one of the The Duke's kids, Ethan Wayne, is obligated to come up with a "fair-market" price to buy her out.

Aissa -- along with several of Wayne's grandkids -- claim they believe the fortune is worth $15,400,000 ... but Ethan only thinks it's worth $10,704,000.

Now, Aissa -- and the grand kids -- want a judge to rule on the value of the estate ... so they can get their money and move on with their lives.

Allen Ridak

“Women have the right to work wherever they want, as long as they have the dinner ready when you get home” - John Wayne (Legend)

Diane

I always wished John Wayne was my father growing up--I had an abusive father-What is wrong with his kids-there isn't enough money for both of them-shame on the 2 of you-your father would be very ashamed of his children--to bad you have it all-

electriczipper

I agree Diane...he seemed at least in his movies to be the perfect father,along with Ward Cleaver from leave it to beaver and Howard Cunningham from happy days.Ohhh the good old days....I guess his daughter cant live on a monthly payout of at least 10 or 15 thousand ..pretty sad

Uh

Don't confuse the character/s he played with the actual person...

Horndog

Who?

Clara

electriczipper

8. Well, #4, why should she have to live on that if she is entitled to more? Perhaps the money is tied up in a way that she doesn't really get it in a way that she can use. Iknow three kids involved in an estate right now. Two get paid directly each month to the tune of 6 figures while the third has hers in trust and get a nickel to every dollar. Just because someone says something is worth millions, it doesn't mean you have that spending power or if you even really have it. It's a paper dodge.

Posted at 5:13 AM on Jun 4, 2010 by Clara

well maybe she might try getting a job

Trainwrecks

My dad worked for him on his ranch in Springerville, AZ ... he was always kind, loyal to those around him and held strong to his values. No he wasn't the same as all the different characters he played but he was exactly who I would have wanted as a dad if anything had ever happened to my Dad. I remember when he died, it was the only time I ever saw my Dad cry. My Dad was alot like him, 6 ft 6" tall, 250 lbs of all muscle, firm hand and a warm heart.

This doesn't surprise me about this generation of his kids. His older sons were very respectful and never walked around with an "I'm John Wayne's son - now bow." attitude. His younger kids were not as kind when we were around them. Maybe they just were having bad days those days.

Hollywood went a different direction when he died and I for one don't think it was a good thing.

ali

John Wayne died many year ago. His estate should have long been settled so each child could get on with their lives.

jerrylee

if you can't say something nice about DUKE say nothing at all. he will never be replaced "ever".

solar panel

John Wayne knew what he was doing. 20 minutes ago I finished watching Stagecoach. Some of my favorite films are John Wayne/John Ford movies and they have more to say about a lot of things that matter than most films before, during and since they were made. I've seen interviews with John Wayne outside of movies and I was impressed that he had a good sense of values, strength, a strong sense of humor. Now head 'em out, we're burning daylight!

Kat

John Wayne always spoke his mind and held nothing back, even if he knew you didn't share his opinion. I love watching his movies, nothing cracks me up more then seeing his early black and white movies. It's sad to hear that his grandchildren "just want to get on with thier lives". I personally feel that if I someones choses money of memories, if money is the only thing that want to take with them then they don't deserve a dime. Give the money to charity and then let them get on with their lives.

Kat

Give the money to charity, they didn't earn it anyway!

Stacey

GREED........money hungry...I would like to have 1% of what these morons are fighting over....I hope they can sleep at night knowing that the DUKE is very disappointed with there actions.

Bertie

Who??? Who was John Wayne? You could ask a WWII veteran or a Baby Boomer. Even us Baby Boomer girls wanted to be a cowboy just to hang with a screen cowboy like John Wayne. He was one of the most manly men in Hollywood. He would not be political correct now. That is why you do not know him.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments