Lindsay Tweets: 'I'm Prepared to Face Consequences'

9/18/2010 10:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan apparently has had a change of heart.  After telling friends TMZ's story was dead wrong -- that she tested positive for cocaine and flunked a drug test -- she then took to her Twitter page late Friday night and fessed up.

0917Lindsay_lohan_BN_TMZ_05
Regrettably, I did in fact fail my most recent drug test and if I am asked, I am prepared to appear before judge Fox next week as a result.

Substance abuse is a disease, which unfortunately doesn't go away over night. I am working hard to overcome it and am taking positive steps forward every day. I am testing every single day and doing what I must do to prevent any mishaps in the future.

This was certainly a setback for me but I am taking responsibility for my actions and I'm prepared to face the consequences.

I am so thankful for the support of my fans, loved ones and immediate family, who understand that i am trying hard, but also that I am a work in progress, just as anyone else. I am keeping my faith, and I am hopeful....Thank you all!!!

As we told you yesterday, Lindsay actually failed two drug tests -- the second was not for cocaine.

Nonetheless, she's now acknowledging a problem.  For her sake, we hope these are her words and not those of the people who have so adeptly gotten her out of numerous jams.

Phreaky

Now where are all those people that wanted to hang Judge Revel for forcing her to rehab because "she didn't need it"?
That's what I thought...

I am telling you people - SHE IS A SOCIOPATH. She even fooled the docs at UCLA. SOCIOPATHS can do that.

awards

Lindsay, what do you think of a Vivid contract for you doing a donkey show? Big money! Easy work! Lots of audience! You should be able to get it done before the slammer. You will be famous!

Jill Conway

There's an ******* out there that sold/gave it to her. Obviously not a friend. She must really crave it if she chose to do it with jail hanging over her head. I feel sorry for her...she's really messed up. For Ernie (#13): you are an ignorant fool, addiction IS an illness, it originates in the brain. Take the God crap and pack it up your ass - you are nothing but a pathetic brainwashed addict yourself.

walter3ca

Who thinks that her attorney wrote this?

cruiz2

I thought she denied any drug abuse - it was prescribed meds - remember? So done with this girl. She walks & the regular average person pays the price. Not right! No wonder her lawyer quit. Who is paying whom to protect this kid and why?

Alcamedes

Lindsay the addict, well so much for those who said she didnt need rehab

HarryPalms

TMZ staffer Mike was such a brown-noser, suck-up by saying on TMZ LIVE that he believes Lindsay Lohan WILL win an Oscar one day. It's obvious he knows nothing about good acting and the popularity contest which are the Oscars.

Lindsay is not remotely popular amongst the Hollywood working crowd nor is she a good actor... in order to be a good actor, the actor must act, henceforth, HAVE A JOB, and all her ruckus as made her unemployable, therefore UNPOPULAR, which equals to NO OSCAR.

whateverpeeps

". Probation is getting through ... now LL... make your move. Turn to Jesus. He will transform you if you allow Him to. You can be a brand new you."

No, what she needs to do is tackle the underlying problem which keeps her using. She is clearly medicating herself for something she's lacking. No person in control of their behavior would allow drugs to ruin their life, career and reputation in the way that it did to her. You may start in control, but you always lose control with drugs.

Do me a favor and leave this to the experts...the doctors, psychiatrists and counselors of the world. Your Jesus and faith fairy tales don't mean anything to those who have truly suffered in life. Unless Jesus himself shows up and grants her 3 wishes which she could use to get what she lacks in life, I don't see how it would help.

Maybe for some it could, but the majority of people are too set in reality for religion to have much healing impact.

Sad-Sad

Being an LA native and someone who overdosed on Coke and went into cardiac aresst at UCLA 2 years ago. (Age 26) Get your fu**ing crap straight or your heart will stop beating and u may not wake up.....I was blessed and it scared me straight...YOUR NOT BULLET PROOF! God can snatch your life faster than you can blink. Show some respect

HarryPalms

@ 57/walter3ca: I believe her attorney and PR reps wrote it.

Ernie

LL has the age old problem called sin. I have been saying this for four years. It is not a disease. It is what we are all born with. Which is why Jesus came to earth. To save us from our sins. We just do not like to call sin.. sin anymore. However, sin is our only hope. It can be confessed, forgiven and cleansed. We then hate the things we use to love and love the things we use to hate. It is a conversion process that continues to happen everyday for the last 2000 years. You just don't hear about it on TMZ or other gossip rags. Lohan is dead in her sins. She needs to be born again and keep that old Lohan dead so she can live a new life in Christ. Simple gospel. Still works.

cruiz2

Those lips belong in the ocean!

DELETE ME

try Summit Center In Malibu

Alcamedes

Judge Revel has talked to Judge Fox, and hee will be sporting a F-U-C-K-U tie to court when Lindsay appaers before him. You can bet Lindsay will be beggging Shawn and the Judge to let her go to rehab, sorry Lindsay you need to be behind bars first

fair

@52 i dont cause im not a pro super bloger like you52, this is my first time ever. and im so upset at the comments they had for T.i and his whole race..
but kept it personal for wHITE lindsey..OHH by the way some wHITE DUDE just beat up a potag at lax
if it was A BLACK person meanly a rapper his whole race WILL have to pay for it...!!!!!!!
grown people with now compassion!!!!!!! GROW UP WHITE MEN! PLEASE OR U GUYS WILL LOSE ALL
Woman!!!!!!