T.I. -- Rapper Talks Suicidal Jumper Off the Ledge

10/13/2010 6:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

T.I. played a key role in talking a suicidal man off the ledge of a 22-story building in Atlanta today ... TMZ has learned.

T.I.
It all went down earlier this afternoon -- when cops responded to a 911 call about a man who was threatening to jump off a building in downtown Atlanta ... the same building where Ryan Cameron's Radio Show on V103 is based.

We're told T.I. heard about the jumper on the radio -- and called Ryan Cameron to see if there was anything he could do to help out with the situation.

Ryan Cameron tells us ... he told T.I. to roll over to the building, where the rapper met with police and recorded a heartfelt video message which cops then played for the man on the roof.

We're told after the man saw T.I.'s video he agreed to step off the ledge ... and met T.I. in the lobby, where the two were able to talk things out.

Ryan Cameron also tells us that cops informed the radio station that they will not be pressing charges against the man.

Calls to T.I.'s reps have not been returned.

UPDATE: Sources have revealed to TMZ what T.I. said in the video message: "Nothing is that bad. Nothing in life is worth taking your life. I'm here to help you. Please come down to talk to me."

1013_ti_small_audio_launch_EXUPDATE PART 2: T.I. just explained the day's events to the people over at V103 ... you'll wanna check it out.

mrs. jones

i'm with #14, # 4 needs to get a life, with that said, hate gets u nowhere!!! congrats tip and to the guy who decided to give life a 2nd chance! pastor haines said it all on rickey smiley morning show, suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. let go and let god deal w/it. ain't that ti's line right there!!! lmao

me

As soon as the media portrays this man in a negative light, he does something that proves them ( and some of ourselves) wrong T.I. is a human being just like us... entitled to making a mistake...I would like to see how long it will take before the media reveals this, considering how widespread the news of his gun and marijuana charges became...

delores pauldo

good job T.I.

blkshepherd

Judge to TI: I understand you saved a man from taking his life.

TI: Yes your honor.

Judge: that was very noble of you and a very nice thing.

TI: Thank you your honor, but it wasent me..I just showed up, God did all the work.

Judge: Yes, I kind of thought that myself. Ok, Since God did all the work and you just Showed up. I thank you for showing up to finish the rest of your sentence. After you finish your two year sentence the court will award you.

TI: But your honor, I just saved a man's life. Dont that count for anything?

Judge: Sure it does. You just stated it. You saved a mans life. But you violated your probation. One has nothing to do with the other.

Rita Farrish

I love T.I and everything he stands for i really like his swage and i'm glad that he was able to help a person that was in trouble and i want you to know that i'm your biggest fan i got much love for you

Emily

oh PUH LEASE. he already did the Road To Redemption thing before trying to get out of jail, now he's doing this to avoid the drug case..

this entire situation sounds so staged. do you realize how busy this man is? so he just happened to be listening to the radio at the time??

fake.

April

Dam if that is all it takes I'm gonna go and pretend to jump off a building till they let me talk to baby bash!

Jackson

Saving a life is a good thing but I really doubt this person's life needing saving. If you watch all his bank accounts I'm sure it would show a nice new deposit.

Hmmm TI just happen to be listening to the radio and the DJ just happen to be telling a story of a "jumper" and just happen to be in the area... BS.

When is the last time you heard of something like this happening and a stranger rushing to the scene AND the police letting them talk to a jumper?

Great timing right before the judge rules on if he is sending your dumb a$$ back to jail.

I CALL BULLSHIT

worst publicity stunt ever...can it be any more obvious? T.I trying to play us all for fools now **** outta heree lock his ass up

Randy

My hat is off to TI for saveing this young mans life!!! In regards to the young man on top of the building ... life at times can be overwhelming for a lot of us, who are we to judge what he may be going through. Have you never even contemplated the thought in YOUR perfect world? Thank you TI and my thoughts are with you "HUA"!!!

BIG A

A MAN KNOWS HIS CALLING AND I'M PROUD THAT WE HAVE POSITIVE BLACK ROLE MODELS LIKE TIP LEARN FROM MISTAKES GOD FAMILY AND FRIENDS THATS THE ORDER OF A GREAT LEADER...

X-CLOVER GEE

Mrs. Columbus Diva

This message is intended for all the negative people with all their negative comments. I am curious on what gives ya'll the audacity to be on here judging TIP, because the last time I checked only God can judge someone. I think I figured it out; misery loves company. I hope you all know that Probation time is going to end for all of us soon and when that time comes we all have to be prepared to give an explanation. I am not talking about probation that TIP is on either; but the probation time when we have to give an explanation on why we are worthy to be allowed to enter the gates of heaven. Now that is the only time we surely will be judged on Judgement. If you all do not have anything good to say then do not speak at all. We all are guilty of sin, and none of us are worthy of God praise, but only by His grace and mercy we are here. With all of this being said, the only thing we all need to be worrying about is having ourselves together when God comes back, not if it was a stunt or not. At the end of the day, each person is responsible for himself or herself.

RL

Your my favorite rapper's favorite rapper. The best rapper alive. If they lock you up they got to lock me up alive. I love you bro. Peace out.

RL
I aint got a bunch of money to save you bro but i feel where you coming from. bitches aint **** but hoes and tricks.holla at ya boy.

Randy

In one video, former ATL Mayor Young is interviewed and is laughing at the situation. If this is NOT a hoax or publicity stunt, how disrespectful is this of the former Mayor Young? A mans life is at stake. If this is all true, let us all reach out and help this young man back up on his feet. If this is no hoax, the former Mayor Young owes this man a great deal more then an apology. I am appauled by the disrespect. You do not know this young man. What ever happened to, "walk a mile in my shoes"? You know what they say about, to assume! Good job TI. I give you praise. When was the last time any readers here have saved the life of another?

normdy

I'm on the wondow right now and I don't see no dang rappers coming to help me opout.....lmbao. This is strctly pub stunting 101... imagine that underdog save me help help help ohhhhh dear her comes clifford the big red dog. Yea he still cool though and only cause he banged out on that deuces remix with cbreezey