Bristol Palin Apologizes for Sister's Homophobic Slurs

11/17/2010 7:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Bristol Palin has apologized for the offensive comments she and her sister Willow made during a Facebook war this week ... in which Willow used a homophobic slur to attack a schoolmate.

Bristol Palin Apology

Bristol went back to Facebook last night and posted a message that read, "Willow and I shouldn't have reacted to negative comments about our family. We apologize."

She added, "On a nicer note, thank you for supporting the great competition in Dancing with the Stars!"

1117_facebook_rip

A few hours later, Bristol posted another message that said, "Thank you supporters who continue to support. The haters are already pulling out all the stops this week to destroy."

Willow has since deleted her Facebook account.

Nick

Impressed by her hard work and thinking that Bristol should not be judged on the basis of having an idiot as a mother, we had been casting telephone votes for her. Apparently we were wrong.

Jean/Texas

I'm old, old and I don't care much for this kind of language between young girls. BUT who taught them - YOU DID! You allowed people like letterman and others in the media to call them names, CNN hates them and it is splashed all over the media, some sinful person in CA. hung an efegy of Sarah during the elections and no one even knew anything about her yet. Did you people ever stop to think of Sarah's family. No all you wanted to do is destroy, did our illustrious communistic (can be proved) president ever say hey, this is wrong, leave her family out of it, did McLame ever during or after do anything to defend. NO! Those girls and poor little Trig, who you all wanted to kill, had no protection from even the right to life people. Those girls have had enough and if they are thin skinned your kids and mine who all have paper tissue skin from what the family has undeservably endured. Shame on all of you.

noneofyourbusiness

Get over it already. I'm still trying to find out how this is even really news. It's not like she went to his house, dragged him out and kicked his ass. Now that would have been a story!

justsaying23

The reactions and comments from liberals has made me want to vote for Bristol even more. I'm sure I'm not the only one to want to use all my votes just for Bristol!

Posted at 2:53 PM on Nov 17, 2010 by janet

And you are an IDIOT because you vote based on peoples comments and you don't even know them. Just cause some people don't like any of the Palins doesn't make them Liberals...you just ASSume that. I don't like SP and her clan because they are IDIOTS just like yourself, think for YOURSELF. Dumbass.

munkey

It may be freedom of speech, but using the terms they were using isn't right. Does that mean that it's okay using the N-word and to call everyone F@66ot? No! It's fine to say what you want, but at least have some class and know that it's wrong to say those kinda things. Even more so since their family is in the public eye and everything that they say can be used against them.

Moseley09

Whatever, if some one were talking trash about my family I'd through F bombs, N bombs A thru Z bombs!! Doesn't mean she's homophobic, just her trying to stand up to good for nothing people that just want to disect everything her fam says and does. (this doesn't mean I'm for Palin, just means I'm for them standing up for themselves.)

tgrfan42069

The haters are already pulling out all the stops' REALLY? Honey, using homophobic slurs is hating (you and your sister, who by the way should be apologizing, are the haters). People who don't like homophobic slurs have a problem with people saying that...way to not take responsibility.
----------
saying ***got doenst make you a homophobe fearing being in the presents of them does.

bob

First off, the guy didn't attack the Palin family as Bristol and her equally dumb sister claim. All he did was say that Sarah Palin's TV show wasn't good...that he didn't like it. It's kinda sad that this family can't handle or accept any sort of criticism.

UDntNo

Maybe it is just me, but this SCREAMS "WHY would I ever want to have their mother in charge of this country or any other important position for that matter?" to me!!

Geri

It is so refreshing to see a young women with no tats. It is so refreshing the simplicity of Bristol clean all american a great role model for our youth. So she got knocked up at least she didnt abort her baby. Hollywood sucks I am so sick of seeing these sick looking tramps getting attention. Blah Blah Blah the story goes on drugs boozing men after men. Come on give Bristol a break. She has beautiful legs and she is perfect for who ever is suppossed to love her next. I am amazed at her dancing talent. She has a humble way about her. She will take this to the top because of her attitude, the girl thinks before she speaks. She is not all fake like most of Hollywood. God Bless Bristol and use her Lord. Let your words continue to be her words, let her dance right behind you! Bristol only problem is she is not sexy enough. good going Bristol save that for your husband!It is nice to see young girl excited about a role model last time we saw that was when Brittney Spears duped our youth

Fred Farkel

I'm glad I'm getting old.

Because now I can say that gay people are very annoying - and I don't care about hurting your feelings.

Thank you.

Greg

First of all that was not an apology. An actual apology would have said they were sorry for using the f----t slur and the word "gay" as a putdown.

konaehukai

What exactly were the haters trying to destroy Bristol? Maybe it was the disgusting double chin you got. Not too sure. I'm not great at reading the minds of imbiciles.

This is what you get when the bottom of the gene pool decides to breed. The Palin's are the poster family for why this country needs to have licenses to breed.

DeeWA2010

Bristol, you go girl! I'm now 56, & had my first @ 16, many issues/drugs included, later, I turned 30 & GOT IT TOGETHER. I founded a program/home for 18-21 yo single homeless mothers, after a very sucessful stint w/our state's Dept of Natural Resources (13 yrs). Bristol has found a niche speaking about young motherhood. I am a DEMOCRAT, and am none too fond of S Palin, BUT Bristol I am supporting. NON-Performer (ever), teen-mom, UNDERDOG... GOOD FOR HER! Even though all her neighsayers are going to scrutinize every mis-step she makes, and she will, I say and say and say YOU GO BRISTOL... Keep your head up!

Linda

Lot of mean spirited people out here. Makes me want to vote for Bristol just to spite you nasty bullies. She was the only one with out any stage, movie/acting, music or dance experience. Your meanness is directed at the wrong person. Want to complain go after the show and the voting system. I have always thought the judges should have the final say.
BTW she does not have fat leg, chin or anything else.