Death Threats Targeting Bristol Palin, Mark Ballas

11/22/2010 5:23 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Bristol Palin and Mark Ballas have received death threats and "Dancing with the Stars" has measurably heightened security ... sources connected with the show tell TMZ.

Bristol Palin Death Threats
We're told the threats began to come in last week, after Bristol and Mark made the finals.  Execs on the show told Mark to stop tweeting because it was inciting people.  Mark complied.

Sources connected with the show tell us extra security will be on hand tonight for the show.  And, if Bristol and Mark head to New York, execs are talking about breaking format and not doing their interview outside in Times Square -- but rather in the studio, where it's more secure.

TMZ broke the story ... a staffer on the show opened a "fan letter" to Bristol on Friday and white powder fell out.  Turns out it was talcum powder, but the FBI is investigating nonetheless.

As one source said, "Everyone is genuinely worried.  This is a dance competition, and it's just gotten crazy."

Richard

Give me a break. The viewer's resentment, outrage and frustration over Bristol still being on the show has nothing to do with politics. Neither has the fact that she is an unwed mother or perhaps needs to shed a few pounds. It has to do with Bristol's lack of dancing skills and personality. The fact that a lot of people don't care for her mother also has nothing to do with Bristol's performance level or lack thereof. I believe that the "death threats" are just a publicity stunt. She should show some character by graciously offering her spot in the finals to Brandy. This is the only way she'll walk away from this fiasco without the majority of the country considering her a joke.

Palin2012

Srah P does not need 15 min of fame as she is super famous and political contributor for Fox News. Sarah makes speeches and gets paid hundreds of thousand, wrote a book which was in New York Time best seller list and thousands upon thousand of people even slept on line to get their book signed. Now she wrote another book which will probably will do the same.....

Bristol is an honest teen who became pregnant like millions of other teens. Bristol is not like those so called female who hate her,,Bristol chose life over death and did not have her baby sucked out of womb.

We love you Bristol and wish her the best.....If you don't win, you are still the winner in the eyes of the thousands of people who voted for you.

T.Brooks

I personally think all the Bristol hatters are ridiculous First and foremost she is one of the few with no dance experience unlike Jennifer Gray. I think she's doing quite well lets see how all of you would do out ther on the dance floor!!

Chrystal

The real issue is can she dance? The answer is no, but people are voting for her because her mom is a political celebrity, not because she can dance.

Only in America.

Andrew

I consider myself very left leaning, what the hell is wrong with us that we would want a kid to die just because of her Mother's political views. Never would have considered it before, but I can't wait to cast my vote for Mark and Bristol.

juju

Sarah Palin QUOTED in People magazine -
"I'm not a member of any church. I NEVER HAVE BEEN MY ENTIRE LIFE. I'm just a Christian."
Really? And she's backed by millions of Christians - sounds like another example of the Palin grifting machine.
And during the campaign she always claimed to be a member of the Wasilla Bible Church - I remember there was a fire there during the 2008 campaign.
Which is the truth Sarah??
Did she actually USE a church to get her ahead? Wow the Christian right are really blind if they think that she is the answer to their prayers - she's just a hypocritical phony out for money.
What has she done for Alaska since she quit?
What has she done for the troops? Besides lip service.
What has she done for special needs kids? Does she contribute money or sit on a board of a Down's Syndrome charity? Nope.
All she done is DO for herself.
Her kids are with her as she flies arond the country making money on her book tour. They are not even in school.
She makes a show about Alaska and she isn't even there anymore. She shows up in Wasilla for a few days to do a photo shoot.
I have no respect for her - she makes money off of whipping up the ignorant masses, using her children to help her - and laughs all the way to the bank.

Joy

There is a guy on the Internet who was bragging about voting 300 times for Bristol Palin using phony e-mails because ABC doesn't require e-mail confirmation for registration to be complete. There are claims that others are doing this too. I don't condone people sending her death threats, but I can understand why they're getting so upset if these voting scams are true.

tlb1974

335 I'm not a conservative I'm independent fiscally conservative and socailly lean liberal. And I'm certainly not pissing my pants and it's acutally 580 that I listen to not watch. There were 3 black panthers and even one is too many. My point to her was it is on both sides you can't just say republicans are bad cause guess what some liberals are bad too there are nuts on both sides neither is perfect. Her claim was that Palin causes violence and racisim and my point was the same can be said about Obama. The Country has never been more divided. Oh and I do have a brain and I do use it to make my own decisions and name calling is very childish please act like an adult.

LiLa

There is nothing in the story to indicate that liberals or Democrats, or political people of any sort are the ones threatening Bristol Palin. No matter who is doing it, it's wrong and could be a reason why she was so negative last night.

Bay Loader

Two points: the website – “Vote for the Worse” has supported Bristol from the beginning and it has a impact, add that together with the people who feel she has been underscored and over judged vote for her on principle. Add that to her Mom’s fans and you have the making of the “Perfect Storm” No need to threaten a 20 year girl.

Second Point: For several years now, dancing with the ’stars’ has meant people dancing with the professionals. I know all the professionals better than I know several of the contestents that they’ve added. I’d never heard of ‘the situation’ or Audrina’ before DWTS. I have daughters soon to be Bristols’ age that also haven’t seen Chicago. Why? it’s a ‘R’ rated movie. “Under 17 yada yada yada”. This whole thing has been very mean spirited. I’m not a Sarah Palin fan, but I voted for Bristol, because she she gets better every show. Jennifer started great, Kyle started charismatic, Bristol has had to grow. Remember Marie Osmond, Kelly Osborne, they made it through for the same reason Bristol is making it through – more people voted for her. It’s a dance show where people vote for who they want. their is no rule that says american has to vote for the best technical dancer. IF that were true.. Mya would have won two seasons ago.

tlb1974

329 what controversey did they start and what lies did they tell? Or is that just what you heard hope you have proof to back it up. Losing our freedoms is a sad day so today isn't i still have the freedom of speech and so do you so cheer up buttercup. It is after all only a tv show and you can always turn it off or change the channel.

JN

Have to laugh at comment #330 by Bea...Bristol has "survived death threats" you make it sound like she was running for her life, dodging corners and scaling buildings to get away from perpetrators..what a joke. Being chauffered in a black town car by bodyguards is hardly an effort of survival. I haven't seen any proof that there were ANY death threats. "Sources close to the show" confiding in TMZ then being re-printed by Fox News is not CREDIBLE to me. These rumours are the last ditch effort by the Palin crazies to garner sympathy votes. SO OBVIOUS. So glad the judges can have an affect tonight with their scores that can pick the true winner percentage-wise. Look up the calculation formula! Ha! May the best DANCER win.

tlb1974

326 yes actually there has been they ask what they think of watching their kid dance and all that stuff just like the have actors and actress there supporting the people they are close to and husbands for their wives and wives for their husband and kids there to see the parents.

MTinMO

The show is supposed to be a dance competition and should be the best dancers in the semi and finals. The Palin supporters have deliberately skewed the results in order to evidently make Sarah happy and "practice voting Palin". We have always watched the show but when we know people have done things like set up online voting accounts that are connected to bogus email addresses. No one can justify a woman setting up 300 accounts in order to place 1500 votes, all for Bristol. I feel sorry for the girl- she has enough strikes against her just being a Palin, but her dancing does not support her being in the finals. That being said- death threats against her are really stupid. She is just a dumb kid and doesn't deserve death threats. She can't help the family she was born into and the way she was brought up. She has a long way to go before she really becomes her own woman and isn't just a product of her upbringing.

Joette Bailey

Why must those of you who are too dim to understand why people do not want Bristol Palin to win always make everything political (liberals, (calling us "haters and "bleeding heart liberals). Bristol has improved greatly. We do not hate her. She simply is NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO WIN AGAINST THE LIKES OF JENNIFER GRAY!! It is supposed to be a dance competition not a popularity contest or political showdown. Everyone who is realistic knows that Bristol should not win. If she were as good as Jennifer, we would vote for her. If she does win, I and all of my family and friends who watch will watch no more. If it cannot be honest, why should we waste our time watching???